Author Topic: Abundant Life Academy  (Read 2304 times)

Offline mbnh31782

• View Profile
    • http://www.perverted-justice.com
Abundant Life Academy
« on: December 04, 2006, 08:19:59 PM »
This academy bought up 3 springs wayne county in georgia...

http://www.abundantlifeacademy.com/

anyone know anything about them?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 08:27:30 PM »
There was recently a long and lively discussion of these guys

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t= ... fe+academy
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 08:44:42 PM by Guest »
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 08:48:41 PM »
But this now raises a question with me. As i understand it ALA was completely private before so obviously the kid of parent who sends their kid there is christian or at least seekning a capital B bible approach for their kid.
Didn't the 3 springs that closed accept mainly juvenile offenders sent by the state? or am i confusing it with somewhere else. If it did wouldnt this be problematic. What if the kid is not christian? Is this legal?
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 01:28:10 PM »
Someone recently posted a new thread about ALA, but then chose to pull it. In the meantime, I had already composed a reply. Hence, I'm tacking my reply onto this thread, fwiw...

Quote from: "Guest"
A friend of mine posted a question here on facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=6088120783

She signed up just for this occasion and basicaly just asked about the experience of former students. She is doing some research on faith based schools ....her question was reported,her account was deleted....
Someone from ALA reported her...and sent her a very threatening mail (basicaly telling her they will talk to their lawyers etc.)

So I posted a question there today...and got similar feedback from that ALA person.
Now I am waiting if my account will be deleted as well LOL
I mean..the ALA reaction is so overboard...it was just a question, nothing else...If a single question freakes them out and causes such an reaction...don't you think it is strange?
Yes... Abundant Life Academy is a bit "feisty" in this regard. If your friend is doing research on faith-based programs per se, there are also quite a few others of that ilk discussed on fornits, e.g., ones associated with Roloff Ministries. Another program with a heavy Christian hand and which has been recently addressed is Shepherd's Hill Farm.

Anyway, here are some threads which discuss or mention Abundant Life Academy specifically (there are more). There appears to be some type of connection to WWASPS; at a quick glance I can't tell whether that connection is personal, financial, or institutional. Two other good terms to search for would be Spencer Moody and Craig Rogers:

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 03:35:52 PM »
[scratchin' my head] So, what was the question?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 03:57:14 PM »
Quote from: "BuzzKill"
[scratchin' my head] So, what was the question?
I quoted it in my previous post. That post (new thread) was axed prior to my being able to post my reply.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 04:01:32 PM »
The question was just " What kind of experience was it for the students"? And it got a facebook account deleted?! Are you serious?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 04:31:28 PM »
The question was just " What kind of experience was it for the students"? And it got a facebook account deleted?! Are you serious?
I did say that ALA was a bit "feisty" in this regard...  :D

If you check out some of the later threads in the above list (organized in order of creation date), you will find that this kind of behavior is not unprecedented.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 04:42:07 PM »
Oh - I know all about my feisty friend Craig.  But what is facebook's excuse?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 05:00:40 PM »
Oh - I know all about my feisty friend Craig.  But what is facebook's excuse?
Well, most of the activity in that fb group (above link) seems to be by fb user Craig Stephen Rogers, so ... no surprise, eh?

My guess is that Facebook doesn't bother to check out the legitimacy of complaints. Easier to axe the offending user/post than put up with someone who has God as #1 on his speed-dial list. And some attorney as #2.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 05:12:08 PM »
Craig is trolling that group. They need to report him.

But I wouldn't care if it was Craig's group - such a reasonable question should never be grounds for any kind of sanction and I think Facebook needs to be made to answer for it.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 08:45:08 PM »
Well, this is on that group's wall now.

Marie Pej?imovská
Question from a parent
A friend of mine has some questions about ALA. She would be interested in opinions from former students on academics and staff of ALA, what was your experience there? She already asked her question here, and just for this purpose made an account on Facebook. But for so...me reason was her account deleted...I guess someone from here reported her ...I really wonder why..She is not very computer literate, so she asked me for help. As I work with youth too, this draw my attention and I really want to help. So please, former students, we would like to hear your opinion! Thank you very much for your help!

Ah, here we go....

#
Craig Stephen Rogers The film festival ended several days ago. And, I have contacted the real Marie and let her know that someone is using her name, and her identity, posing to be her. I wonder what the real Marie will say?
8 hours ago · Report
#
Ben Donahue dont send your kid to ALA. craig just wants your money. he dont give a shit about your kids.
7 hours ago · Report
#
Joan Schmidt As a part of my work fighting schools worldwide which could be used for behavior modification as I like many Danes are ordered by our parliament, I stumbled over this school.

While we normally fight the schools heathens run, we have been ordered to look into behavior modification schools from other religious groups also. We have been accused of being too focused on certain groups when we destroyed the infrastructure of sleeping terrorist groups with our cartoon war. As Danes we have no other reason than protect the civil rights of Danes regardless of what country they choose to study in. I don't know if there ever have been a Dane enrolled at the school but just in case it could be so, we are there for our country to protect our countrymen.

I fear that this school could be a hidden behavior modification program and I hope that Mr. Rogers can assure the public that it is not the case by openly discuss the academics and professional qualifications as a director on any normal accredited school would be proud to do.

Dear Mr. Rogers. I am not looking for a fight or a smear campain. I am looking for real answers so I don't have to back and tell the members of our parliament I work for that we should confiscate password from youth thinking of entering the United States as we are prepared to do with youth traveling to other countries.

For more information about the Danish fight against behavior modification programs and the cartoon war as part of the war on terrorism, please read these links:
http://www.cphpost.dk/home/46318.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartoon_war
3 hours ago · Report
#
Ben Donahue good luck, craig's too much of a bitch to reply. and it is a behavior modification, Ive probbally been in that building more hours than craig.
about an hour ago · Report
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 11:02:45 PM »
Lol, the report feature works both ways. Click it and report Craigy poo for spam.