Author Topic: Dire Prognostications / Treatment Center Mathmatics  (Read 2513 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Dire Prognostications / Treatment Center Mathmatics
« on: November 30, 2006, 10:26:28 AM »
Currently, HLA's population is running at about 125 attendees.  ROI metrics for HLA's business model indicate that 120 attendees is their break-even point.

Some 26 kids are slated to "graduate" next month and best estimates indicate 20-30 withdrawals early in the first quarter of the new year, resulting in a population (accounting for current enrollment rate) of 90-100 attendees total population next year.  This situation is reportedly financially untenable for the facility.

A recent prediction by one of HLA's financial officers is that HLA will "go under" by "February 1st."  I'm not sure of the exactness of this timeframe, but it is the estimation of those that hold the purse strings.  They probably know better than I...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 10:39:48 AM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 10:28:19 AM »
If that's true I'm guessing that Big Brother will want to take as many people down with him as he possibly can.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 10:58:45 AM »
that would be a good assumption IF all of the students were a pay as you go each month...but remember, LOTS of scholarships AND people that have pre paid the program (money already spent by school) and remember you pay the last 3 months of the program in the "deposit"...so out of those 125 students only about 80 of them are monthly payers...and some of them are not even full pays!
feb...hmmm...
i do actually think that he has $$ stashed away and it will miraculosly (sp) be pulled out at least for another couple of months...but who knows!!!
only time will tell!
but no matter what happens
WE REAP WHAT WE SOW and KARMA IS A BITCH AND HAS A HECK OF A MEMORY!!!

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 11:46:26 AM »
I'm told HLA is now down to under 100 kids.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 11:57:11 AM »
Hidden Lake Academy hit hard by lawsuit
By Matt Aiken

Hidden Lake Academy hit hard by lawsuit
Tough times have descended on Hidden Lake Academy since the introduction of a lawsuit which accused the school and its founder Len Buccellato of unscrupulous dealings.

A recent counterclaim filed by the school's legal team of King and Spalding detailed the institution's current struggle, which has resulted in a sharp drop in enrollment, employee pay cuts and a slew of terminations.

The response, filed in the Gainesville branch of the United States District Court, claims that this damage has resulted in an average loss of funds nearing $1.8 million.

Hidden Lake Academy is a year-round boarding school located off of Camp Wahsega Road.

The school's Web site describes the facility as an institution that provides a ?five-part 18-21 month program [which] gives students from 12 to 17 the life skills they need to reach their full potential and face the future with confidence.?

While recent charges have placed that claim under scrutiny, it is certain that HLA provides a large amount of jobs for local residents.  

In fact, according to a Lumpkin County Business License report, HLA trails only Aladin Manufacturing, Timken and Wal-Mart as the county's top employer. The most recent report listed 150 employees at the school.

The original lawsuit against HLA was filed on Sept. 11 when a team of lawyers representing the families of two former students, issued a potential class-action lawsuit which accused the school and Buccellato of numerous ethical oversights.

Such allegations included the alleged misappropriation of funds and the willful acceptance of ?violent? and ?disturbed? students.

HLA's defense team has ?vigorously? denied such allegations. The latest counterclaim was filed by the team in response to the plaintiff's request that all plaintiffs should remain anonymous in a reported attempt to protect the identity of the students involved.

?The plaintiff's lawsuit is having a crippling effect on the school,? said the defense's response. ?And Dr. Buccellato reasonably believes that the plaintiffs' tactics in filing the complaint anonymously have contributed substantially to the harm of the school is incurring.?  :question:

The counterclaim details this resulting harm which reportedly includes an average drop of enrollment over a three-month period from 31 new students to 13.

This drop has resulted in the elimination of ?? positions through voluntary and involuntary terminations,? said the counterclaim.

Employees have also reportedly been subject to 10 percent pay cuts. A once deep pool of educational consultant referrals has reportedly dried up as well.

?Since the filing of the lawsuit, the school has averaged only one consultant referral call per week, down from an average of 16-20 consultant referral calls per week prior to the lawsuit,? said the document.
 :cry2:
http://www.thedahloneganugget.com/artic ... 20hard.txt
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 01:47:22 PM »
Gosh that's just terrible. On the other hand this makes one of the best Christmas gifts ever. Is the counter claim mentioned the same piece of propogandic nonsense we saw earlier or another masterpiece?

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 01:49:53 PM »
wow.  'crippled.'  outstanding.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline odie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 02:23:37 PM »
1.8 mil for a place this size is a mere drop in the bucket folks. Don't let them fool you with this crying act. The question remains...where did all that money go?
die

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 03:46:25 PM »
An HLA Staff Reports:

14 kids so far have left after finals, estimated 15-20 more are leaving.

Enrollment has dried up to a trickle, parents are pulling kids literally by the dozens and RCI is down to two "paying customers."

Anybody know how many kids are currently on the pop sheet?
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 04:13:01 PM »
It must suck being one of the last kids out, knowing that everyone else's parents wised up before your own.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 12:22:00 PM »
Here's the latest financial impact information I have received.  Please note that I have been unable to second-source this information as I have done for every other claim...

"[Len has indicated that] if this suit becomes class action, then Len will shut down facilities since this has cost him so much as of March 1.

However, he is telling staff members who are still left that everything is fine and business as usual. He is not informing them of the possible shutdown.

Personal opinion though is that he has the littleman syndrome and will fight this to the end."

This jives with my earlier prediction of an exhaustion of operating funds by the end of the first quarter this year, based on ROI metrics.

Of course, this will all be moot if HLA fails to be approved for an RCF license.  In that case, even if the lawsuit is not certified as a class action, shutdown will be forced by the DHR/ORS.

I love a good horserace!
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 12:26:40 PM »
Quote from: ""Dysfunction Junction""
I love a good horserace!

:rofl: :tup:

I love it when Forntis makes me laugh. It's so rare.