Author Topic: Please stop posting incorrect information!  (Read 1991 times)

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Please stop posting incorrect information!
« on: March 20, 2003, 02:59:00 PM »
Those ISAC numbers are not correct,(the (727) area code one does not exist) and misleading to those seeking hot-line help. Please get current and "real" information before offering it. Not only have I called those, and have tried for a while,(the past 5 weeks) I've also left messages.(to the daytime one) They weren't returned. Try to consider that someone who really needs help, or is contemplating suicide might call them. Get it right or stop anonymously posting them.
Okay?
Morli

[ This Message was edited by: Morli on 2003-03-20 12:12 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2003, 07:34:00 PM »
Okay, the actual contact info for ISAC is:

Chris Tyler - 727-244-2576  [email protected]

Email Marti for her home number, please - I don't want to post it without her permission  [email protected]

Shelby

Offline Shelby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2003, 07:35:00 PM »
ooops - forgot to log in but that was me

Shelby   :smile:

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2003, 08:53:00 PM »
Okay! Thank you very much.
Take care.
Morli :smile:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2003, 01:45:00 PM »
After hours, niether of which are credentialed to assist someone with suicidal ideation. Quit trying to save the world! This sounds like "Dime Therapy" in synops. "Feedback" as it was.

While I appreciate all your efforts, it seems as if your are lending validity to a cultic society concept among the survivors community. Survivors need skills relative to independence and responsibility, Fostering dependence on other survivors is just as "cultic" as the program itself. I hate to use the word "Codependence" as it was a shitty word even during it's peak in the '80s but it is definitely representative of what you reflect. Do we need some special line that we call on a red "bat-phone" when going through troubles or can we see our local shrink/pastor/neighbor/etc. Granted none understand our experience as well as cult experts and survivors, but I think it is more of a transition to real life.

"Once a druggie always a druggie" is a concept that I don't subscribe to nor do I subscribe to the philosphy that I am incapable, disabled, handicapped, or in need of some "special" assistance because of all my teen years in a pseudotherapeutic thought reform cult!
I am able and I will survive through each struggle sans "special assistance".

It seems like you are working hard on ISAC and again I appreciate the efforts. I hope it will not be thanklessly in vain. I had to share my thoughts on the issue and don't mean to be offensive in any way.

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2003, 03:00:00 PM »
You don't need to go to medical school to convince a person that their life is worth living. That is called caring enough to help. Not everyone has the luxury of quality therapy or psychiatric care.
 There is a huge difference in an adult, by their own free will, calling a hot-line instead of killing themselves. As apposed to a child being forced into thought reform. We are not children anymore. If I can help a friend in need, then good for both of us.
I mean, what is organized religion? It's basicly a cult in the name of Jesus in alot of people's minds. But, I'm not going to start a debate against it. That's closed minded and selfishly immature.  
A person, willing to volunteer help, basicly to provide an ear to listen, is no cult, it's a friend. Just because we were a part of a horrific mind control experiment, doesn't give us the right to "cry wolf" at the drop of a hat. Help helps. It's the alternative to attempting suicide at 4am , alone and hopeless. Even if you are only on the phone long enough to give them a suicide hot-line #, or calling their local emergency room. It can make a difference. I've taken a friend who over-dosed (suicide attempt) to the hospital before, and it saved their life. I've had a friend call me from their cell phone, on their roof, ready to jump, and kept them on the phone long enough to get help to them, and it was long distance!
This is silly to argue because, what do you do? Tell the person, sorry find a shrink loser? I'm not heartless, I can't turn my back . I'm going to try to help a person who needs and asks for it. Learn to recognize the difference, before you cry CULT!!!
A dime is something, when you think you have nothing.
Morli

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2003, 05:16:00 PM »
This is getting really rediculous. I see the anonymous poster has taken the subject and made it so people who read this thread think that their information is good. I would appreciate it if you would stop attacking the efforts of survivors who actually care enough to help people in real time, real life and work to eliminate this treatment style from this country. The least you can do is to make your own subject line, and not do the copy paste thing in someone elses subject.

MG8 :smokin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2003, 07:30:00 AM »
ISAC phone is 727 -796-7118

It does have call intercept in it so you must id yourself.

If for some reason you cant get through 727-517-3841

DO NOT email marti at mheath .... .

Mail ALL mail goes to [email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2003, 07:38:00 AM »
Morli
    Please contact me at 727-517-3841 so we can we resolve this message. I have answered all messages on the isac machine so i am assuming there is a mix up in numbers. I would love to talk to you personally. I work a full time job so it is best to call that number above on the weekends after 7 pm.

Look forward to speaking to you.

Marti

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2003, 03:00:00 PM »
ISAC is a fountain of misinformation !   :wstupid:

Offline Shelby

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2003, 03:38:00 PM »
Most reasonable people know it takes some time to work out the kinks, especially with volunteers spread out all over the country.

Morli got answers by phone to her questions the very night she posted her original message. Most reasonable people would agree that was pretty fast.

If you have a valid complaint about ISAC, feel free to email me.

Shelby
[email protected]

Offline Majiktrvls

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2003, 03:56:00 PM »
Thanks for the work that ISAC has put into this effort to assist the survivors. All of you are underthanked and definitely not paid, and for that, you are to be commended. I have seen a tireless effort unfold amongst your masses. :grin:
The New Definition of BITCH....Babe In Total Control of Herself!!