Author Topic: www.discusshla.com web site - from the Parent Forum  (Read 1626 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
www.discusshla.com web site - from the Parent Forum
« on: November 10, 2006, 11:18:04 AM »
http://www.discusshla.com/

Comment  
kmfh10
Website Moderator
(11/9/06 1:52 pm)
Reply  A Parent Speaks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 My son, has been @ HLA for 18 months. We tried many different things before sending him there. He was diagnosed ADHD when he was 6 yrs.old. He was always a handful for his teachers even though he is very smart. He was always a handful for his parents, too. We did fine in middle school but in high school it all fell apart. He got in w/ the wrong crowd. He started doing drugs and thinking it was making him popular began selling them, too. We took him to a rehab and left him there for observation and they said he needed to be there but our insurance co. said it wasn't "bad enough yet" and wouldn't pay. So he came home and w/in a couple of months he had been picked up by police twice and taken to the detention center. Each time I said to them, "Please help me" because I didn't know what to do. I never tried to get him off because I knew he needed help. They sent him to a mental health facility for 2 wks trying to get his meds right. The day after he got home he was in a very bad wreck. By this time since he had already been in trouble w/ the law they would admit him to the rehab facility. Because of a comment he made there he was locked up @ the D-home for 5 wks and was sent to a state run boot-camp for 92 days. I had hopes this would help. When he came back he was placed on probation for 51/2 months. Soon as he got off he was back in trouble. I knew we had to do something drastic. Going to a therapeutic boarding school was a difficult decision for me. For one is is very expensive, and I knew he would be gone for a long time. But one of his friends had already died from a drug overdose. Several more had been sent to rehab and many more were on probation. Thankfully we had family that offered to help pay or we could not have done this. Well, in 5 wks our son will be graduating from high school and will be starting college in Jan.!! It has not been easy and there have been times when I didn't know if we would make it. Knowing what I know now, would I send him to HLA again?? You bet I would!!! My only regret is he should have been there 2 yrs before he got there. HLA has done what I could not do for my child. They have hopefully given my son the tools to make better choices in life. Now it's up to him.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: www.discusshla.com web site - from the Parent Forum
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 11:39:08 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

Comment  
kmfh10
Website Moderator
Reply  A Parent Speaks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 My son, has been @ HLA for 18 months. We tried many different things before sending him there. He was diagnosed ADHD when he was 6 yrs.old. He was always a handful for his teachers even though he is very smart. He was always a handful for his parents, too. We did fine in middle school but in high school it all fell apart. He got in w/ the wrong crowd. He started doing drugs and thinking it was making him popular began selling them, too. We took him to a rehab and left him there for observation and they said he needed to be there but our insurance co. said it wasn't "bad enough yet" and wouldn't pay. So he came home and w/in a couple of months he had been picked up by police twice and taken to the detention center. Each time I said to them, "Please help me" because I didn't know what to do. I never tried to get him off because I knew he needed help. They sent him to a mental health facility for 2 wks trying to get his meds right. The day after he got home he was in a very bad wreck. By this time since he had already been in trouble w/ the law they would admit him to the rehab facility. Because of a comment he made there he was locked up @ the D-home for 5 wks and was sent to a state run boot-camp for 92 days. I had hopes this would help. When he came back he was placed on probation for 51/2 months. Soon as he got off he was back in trouble. I knew we had to do something drastic. Going to a therapeutic boarding school was a difficult decision for me. For one is is very expensive, and I knew he would be gone for a long time. But one of his friends had already died from a drug overdose. Several more had been sent to rehab and many more were on probation. Thankfully we had family that offered to help pay or we could not have done this. Well, in 5 wks our son will be graduating from high school and will be starting college in Jan.!! It has not been easy and there have been times when I didn't know if we would make it. Knowing what I know now, would I send him to HLA again?? You bet I would!!! My only regret is he should have been there 2 yrs before he got there. HLA has done what I could not do for my child. They have hopefully given my son the tools to make better choices in life. Now it's up to him.

State ordered to HLA perhaps?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 11:58:32 AM »
No, not state ordered to HLA. The assclown was talking about another place.

It doesn't matter. The whole topic's make-believe. You think Fornits is the only board that gets trolled?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: www.discusshla.com web site - from the Parent Forum
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 12:54:23 PM »

Comment  
kmfh10
Website Moderator
Reply  A Parent Speaks

I am glad that you had a good experience at HLA.  There are many things that need to be changed at HLA, but it is good to remember that there are kids who do get help there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 01:25:19 PM »
Quote from: ""Milk Gargling Death Penal""
No, not state ordered to HLA. The assclown was talking about another place.

It doesn't matter. The whole topic's make-believe. You think Fornits is the only board that gets trolled?

MGDP - this was taken from HLA's web site. It's not make believe.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 01:26:12 PM »
Seems what's at issue here, is that HLA claims not to take violent kids or criminals.

Offline Programmie-Trans 9000

• View Profile
    • http://www.billyandhoward.com
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 01:36:32 PM »
MGDP - this was taken from HLA's web site, so of course it's make believe.
Y ONLY DRIVERS ARE MASS DRIVERS, BITCH.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 01:41:39 PM »
and i love the webmaster...
kmfh
(kathleen "muther fu*ken" heasley!!)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 12:34:47 AM »
SUE SCHEFF WINS $11.3 MILLION FOR INTERNET DEFAMATION

Susan Scheff and her Weston-based company, Parents Universal Resource Experts Inc., won the jury verdict in Broward Circuit Court in Florida against Carey Bock for posting defamatory statements about her on an internet bulletin board viewed by parents, according to court pleadings. Ms. Scheff was represented by David Pollack, of the Law Offices of David H. Pollack, LLC.

The Broward Circuit Court jury sent a strong message that freedom of speech has limits, and the case will make people think twice before setting out on a campaign to destroy others.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2006, 08:50:23 AM »
It's one thing to win a default judgement against a woman who was made homeless by a hurricane and could not defend herself, but it will be another thing entirely to go after people who will vigorously defend themselves and file counterclaims and who have, cumulatively, far more assests than does HLA - and they're willing to spend.  Money's not an object, as you'll see when the class action suit cannot be settled by HLA and each and every one of the principals there will be forced to testify.

Don't warn, file.  We did.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control