Author Topic: This forum is starting to resemble the rantings of a schizo!  (Read 2163 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
This forum is starting to resemble the rantings of a schizo!
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2006, 02:51:40 PM »
independent thinkiners dont spam forums and result to silencing other views through childish means.

so hows about another sue freakout thread?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2006, 04:12:25 PM »
Can these two spammers spell "borderline personality?"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2006, 12:44:59 PM »
Hey it was one of you that started the schizo thing

and some people seem to agree

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2006, 12:55:13 PM »
Last poster: You really love changing your writing stile to make it look like you're multiple people, don't you?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2006, 12:59:07 PM »
Quote from: ""Milk Gargling Death Penal""
Last poster: You really love changing your writing stile to make it look like you're multiple people, don't you?

:rofl: Touche MGDP

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
This is an intervention
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2006, 01:18:31 PM »
To SueSpammer: Remember the good old days when people would respond to your threads and there was a discussion brewing on topics other than Sou & Co?

Yeah, the rest of us do too. It was nice. This was a place where you could find more information about WWASPS than any other site. That is all gone now. Go, take a look at the thread page, they are all SueSpam threads, which appear to be started and responded to by the same person.

You call us anti-program for raising criticism against this spamming, go ahead. I was locked up at a WWASPS facility against my will and treated like shit, so I could care less what you think of me. I am anti-program and I used to frequent this forum before it was torn apart.

This is an intervention.

Look your family and frinds in the eye and tell us you don't know what you are doing is counter productive. You know it is, we know it is. It's time to stop. Of course nobody here can stop you, you can keep doing SueSpam and we can't do anything. From one anti-program person who used to enjoy this forum and it's information to another anti-program person, let it go. There are close to two dozen WWASPS facilities with kids currently in them. We used to discuss things like this here. If you are truly anti-WWASPS as you say I hope you listen, for the sake of the kids in the facility and more so for parents seeking information about WWASPS. Right now they just get lost in the mess this forum has become, it used to help parents a lot more.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sue belongs in the WWASP Forum
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2006, 01:34:47 PM »
mskala's home page : lawpoli : youthrights : obedience-schools
WWASPS critic loses suit

Slashdot is covering this story, but only from the point of view of "online defamation": a jury awarded US$11.3 million to someone who claimed to have been defamed online. It was a default judgement - the defendant didn't put in any defence - and it turned out that that was because she'd been forced to flee her home due to Hurricane Katrina during the relevant time period, and as a result she never received the papers notifying her of the suit. There's a lot being said about the case, but as far as I know, nobody has yet drawn any attention to what I consider the most interesting part of the story.

The interesting part: the defendant was Carey Bock. The plaintiff was Sue Scheff. Those names probably don't mean anything to you, but I'll explain. Carey Bock is an outspoken critic of the World Wide Association of Specialty Programs And Schools (WWASPS), operators of the infamous Tranquility Bay obedience school for human beings, which I wrote about at some length in 2003/2004. Ms. Bock was actually one of the interviewees in a CBC Radio item that I commented about back then. She became embroiled in a battle with WWASPS when her ex-husband sent their two sons, without her knowledge or consent, to be abused at a WWASPS school in Costa Rica; and Ms. Scheff, the plaintiff, apparently was a consultant she hired at that time to help find them and get them out of there. Relations between Scheff and Bock subsequently turned sour and led to the present case.

I have no opinion about who's right in the present defamation case. I don't know the relevant facts. But if this could draw some more attention to the issue of human obedience schools, that would be a good thing. People who cared got upset in 2003, but then nothing happened. WWASPS has continued to operate. Something should have happened. What kind of fucked-up world do we live in where a country that calls itself civilized would allow WWASPS to exist at all?

Apparently, the kind of fucked-up world where that same country would give its leaders permission to torture whoever they want to torture, for as long as they want, with immunity from prosecution. Just a couple weeks ago I commented on that parallel, over on Livejournal; and now here's this Slashdot story. It seems like WWASPS is in the air right now. Anyway, I'm pleased to see that one of my pages is the second Google hit on "Carey Bock", so maybe people looking for information about the present suit will be awakened to the more interesting story behind it.

UPDATE: I found a press release from Sue Scheff's organization. I still don't know the facts of the case, but the tone of the press release strikes me as extremely sleazy and I find it hard to be sympathetic towards anyone on the side of the defamation suit that released that load of horseshit. Note: that is my opinion of the press release, not of the allegations contained in it; I say the press release is horseshit regardless of whether its specific allegations are true, which I don't know about.

Now I guess I have to find the other party's press release and see if it's equally unimpressive. I won't be surprised if it is; neither side is sounding particularly admirable at the moment. Why can't they unite against the obedience schools instead of bickering stupidly over what apparently was a series of postings on a phpBB system of all places? There are much more important battles to be fought.
UPDATE: I found what I think is the other press release condemned by the one that's linked above. I'm not thrilled with it either, but it strikes me as less sleazy.

We need good sympathetic spokespeople on the side of sanity in this discussion. Scheff and Bock are not sympathetic. Ken Kay of WWASPS is smoother than a used car salesman. He pwnzored the CBC interview in '03. If the above-linked press release from Scheff's organization is typical of the anti-abuse side of the debate, then it's no wonder Kay and his organization are still tolerated.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2006, 01:46:22 PM »
To the Poster who speaks for many.

WWASPS and PURE (Sue Scheff) are competitors so of course, people are going to sit up and take notice when either org is in the news.

Please stop whining.  It's embarassing.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2006, 02:04:55 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
To the Poster who speaks for many.

WWASPS and PURE (Sue Scheff) are competitors so of course, people are going to sit up and take notice when either org is in the news.

Please stop whining.  It's embarassing.

You sound like Karen. Are you karenindallas?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: This is an intervention
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2006, 02:05:40 PM »
Quote from: ""I speak for many""
To SueSpammer: Remember the good old days when people would respond to your threads and there was a discussion brewing on topics other than Sou & Co?

Yeah, the rest of us do too. It was nice. This was a place where you could find more information about WWASPS than any other site. That is all gone now. Go, take a look at the thread page, they are all SueSpam threads, which appear to be started and responded to by the same person.

You call us anti-program for raising criticism against this spamming, go ahead. I was locked up at a WWASPS facility against my will and treated like shit, so I could care less what you think of me. I am anti-program and I used to frequent this forum before it was torn apart.

This is an intervention.

Look your family and frinds in the eye and tell us you don't know what you are doing is counter productive. You know it is, we know it is. It's time to stop. Of course nobody here can stop you, you can keep doing SueSpam and we can't do anything. From one anti-program person who used to enjoy this forum and it's information to another anti-program person, let it go. There are close to two dozen WWASPS facilities with kids currently in them. We used to discuss things like this here. If you are truly anti-WWASPS as you say I hope you listen, for the sake of the kids in the facility and more so for parents seeking information about WWASPS. Right now they just get lost in the mess this forum has become, it used to help parents a lot more.

::nod::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2006, 10:23:32 AM »
Poster, it is "helpful" for parents who read fornits to know that Sue Scheff/PURE are competitors of WWASP; and to be aware that just avoiding WWASP programs is not good enough!
These parents must be aware that some of the programs being recommending by Sue Scheff/PURE are abusive, too.
PURE and Scheff are not "just a resource" for parents. Scheff refers these parents to programs for money; and she is paid by the programs.
It's that simple.