Author Topic: So what DOES work?  (Read 15464 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Update...
« Reply #120 on: October 25, 2006, 06:26:18 PM »
Quote from: ""Terry""
My son was diagnosed by a psychiatrist yesterday as having bipolar disorder.  We'll be keeping him close to home, keep him enrolled in his drug / recovery peer group (he likes the people), in treatment with his psych, and might change schools at semester break going to a 'sober school', if we can get in!  We cxld the appt with the educational consultant (you'll be happy to know).

Wish us well.  Thanks again for sharing your POV's.

YEEEE HAW... that's the first time i've ever thought that expression truly appropriate.  Thank you for listening.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 25, 2006, 06:40:41 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
My son was diagnosed by a psychiatrist yesterday as having bipolar disorder.  We'll be keeping him close to home, keep him enrolled in his drug / recovery peer group (he likes the people), in treatment with his psych, and might change schools at semester break going to a 'sober school', if we can get in!  We cxld the appt with the educational consultant (you'll be happy to know).

YEEEE HAW... that's the first time i've ever thought that expression truly appropriate.  Thank you for listening.

Terry:  You do realize that another doctor can find yet another psychiatric lable for your son.  Beware of doctors lacking objective methods of testing.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 25, 2006, 07:16:16 PM »

Absolute best of luck with your child.  I cannot tell you how much good it does my heart to know that.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 25, 2006, 08:15:02 PM »

Good luck with your son. I think you have made the right decision. Things have a way of working themselves out most of the time. Being there for him is very important. If things don't work out, atleast you can say I gave it my all. Best of luck!
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.