Author Topic: WORKSHOPS  (Read 3149 times)

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
WORKSHOPS
« on: October 19, 2006, 10:26:36 AM »
It's good to be back

I have noticed there are a few strings dedicated to this and they remain pretty hollow. The reason why I haven't contributed more is that a lot of the "excercises" didn't make sense to me at the time. And while I remember thePropheets quite well, there is a blanket of confusion over the happeneings of the three day I and ME, and the six day crowning achievment of the place- the Summit. There was the writing of your own eulogy and that was nice. The fantastic voyage, some pillow pounding/ forgiveness sessions. The "dis" ease where we all pretended to barf and cough and puke for an hour or two and by the end virtually everyone was kinda sick. That was an interesting excercise to see mind over matter, me over I?
Point is, and I'm aware that there is not too many of us here that have the gumption to view their journals from the time (these were the two experiences that I remember everyone was to write for at least a little while every day.
I'm going to view my own entries, but it would be nice to have another voice here.
DON'T YOU REMEMBER anything?
There were the Keys.
The win/win and red green game
I remember going to Spokane for the day very well.
I remember the confrontation to "hit your partner" that was described so well by SOS or Bryan a while ago.
I remember the Rocky fight for Me's life and
who's winning. that was where they ran us until total exhaustion.
and if i wasn't just skirting the issue but really thinking about it, i'd remember much more. Someone help me remember? I know you're still out there. Some of you.

the book is coming along and I'm finally back into new territory.
It's hard to remember being an older student than being a newer student. anyone else have a perspective on that?

-blownawaytheidahoway
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
workshops
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 11:03:40 AM »
The workshops and most of the propheets are a blur for me and honestly, I threw away my journals years ago so that no one would ever find them. Some of what you mention, I remember, but others I don't. What I am writing here is in no particular order other than what comes to mind for me as I brainstorm.

I and Me
Running (I remember how fake I thought everyone who got to stop running was being. I was really annoyed that I was one of the last ones out there. I'm not a particularly athletic person and the run was really difficult for me)
Lifeboat- was that the I and Me or the summit?
Keys
Eulogy

Summit
Statement (I am an xx and xx woman, xxxx). Well, the "facilitators" already had our statements in mind before the workshop, so no matter what we came up with, it was wrong unless it matched what they wanted us to say.
Sitting with hands out
Costume Party
"Flying"
Trip to the mall
Feast
I think toward the end they had our I and Me keys out and then gave us a scroll with a "real" key on it
"Agreements"
Night on the summit (after the summit)

If I remember more, I'll post again. This is enough here to remind me how disturbing these events were!

• View Profile
WORKSHOPS
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 02:47:14 PM »
I forgot to thank this poster for reminding me. yeah. it really is kind of sickening remembering the later stuff. by then it was a different kind of internaliztion. you had already bought in for the most part and for reasons yet to be determined, you thought the more you put into "it" the more you would be better for it. those days were bad. we went for broke, and emotionally that's what we got.

And the sessions before the I and me. They were really heavy and I'm reviewing some of those first "trust counseling" sessions.

We acted like dogs and cats for a while. I couldn't remember that until I read about it...and I wouldn't have believed it if it wasn't in my own notebook in my own penmanship.
whoa. why?
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline 3BeanSalad

• View Profile
The I & Me
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 12:13:19 PM »
Rudy Benz ran my I & Me.  We all filed in and sat in those black chairs arranged in a circle.  Rudy had a big plastic battery operated ray gun.  When he hit the trigger the gun went "ahahahahahahahahahah" and lit up.  So Rudy spun around in the middle of the circle and landed on a student with the gun going "ahahahaha" - and Rudy started talking about that student's issues and so on.

I hink I was the third to get fried because the day before myself and another student in my I & Me got immediate full-times returning to Hilltop from our last I & Me training session held at Cedu...

I remember on the first or second day there was an exersize where we were sitting in groups of 4 and I think we were talking about our heros.

And I remember the run.

And I remember when I came out of the I & Me I wasn't in trouble any more - the full-time was lifted as part of my agreement right before the I & ME.  

As I remember more, I'll add to this post.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WORKSHOPS
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 05:35:11 PM »
Not sure if they did this during your stay...but in the early to mid 80's at RMA one of the I&ME workshop exercises...maybe it was the summit...was to lie on the floor...take a towel...bite down as hard as you could on the towel while holding the ends...and then pulling up on the ends as hard as you could while still biting down.

This was supposed to signify our internal battle or something like that.

I remember not being able to eat for a couple days afterwards as my jaw was so sore.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WORKSHOPS
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 08:50:47 AM »
that's the "fight for me's life".
that shit was bizzare, glad it's long over.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WORKSHOPS
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 04:06:42 AM »
What was up with that towel thing, anyway? I mean, who concocted such an absurd exercise? How could anyone even dream up something like that?

Does anyone remember if we did it for the entire Rocky song, or did they use an edited version? I remember hearing that song recently, and saying to myself, "Fuck, this is a really long song! Did I really do that for that long of an amount of time?"

My other question was about the running. I have almost no memory of this, but I think we actually did it inside, and had to run in place. Does anyone else here remember whether they did their running inside or out?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WORKSHOPS
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 04:07:24 AM »
What was up with that towel thing, anyway? I mean, who concocted such an absurd exercise? How could anyone even dream up something like that?

Does anyone remember if we did it for the entire Rocky song, or did they use an edited version? I remember hearing that song recently, and saying to myself, "Fuck, this is a really long song! Did I really do that for that long of an amount of time?"

My other question was about the running. I have almost no memory of this, but I think we actually did it inside, and had to run in place. Does anyone else here remember whether they did their running inside or out?

• View Profile
WORKSHOPS
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 06:31:53 PM »
I was the last one to stop running. I had to be restrained. I was going to run until I was dead. i was clear on their aim after two hours had passed. Almost all of us were still going.

Here is some shit straight outta my I an ME notebook.
If you don't like it, get the fuck out.

I graduated. All the bells and whistles and contracts, and fuzz in my teeth a few months before: here check it out: I AM working on those workshops. embarassing but 100% authentic:

The I and Me Workshop
I= Thinking
Me=Feeling
GIVE ME A VOICE!

We did an exercise today on the chairs. I worked a lot on feelings Crazy and Me went really deep into it. Me also feels really proud to make it to this point. I went third so it was really neat to watch other people work. I know Me is ready.

I think Rea is a great man he really touched me. He just did the exercise with himself and me was glad to be a part of it.

I did not think Me would feel good, but he does. He is also very sad about what I did to him.
   Me just got back from spending the night on the floor. Me talked to a buch of people. It was a good time. Me spent time on the floor with REDACTED.
   I am laying down the commitment right Now to go for broke in there. Also to really take advantage of this notebook. I will write a lot. I am not going to give it a number or anything but I will write. I will remember this workshop.

Anyway me is really sad me is just looking at the imagine picture and how innocent me really is a lot of the time I thinks me is bad and Always has been that way.
   Me knows I wants to take over and tell me that Nobody loves me. Me knows this isn?t true. ----good night REDACTED

Me is in class right now and everyone is going so fast. Me wants to smoosh. He feels sensitive and playful.
I wish I didn?t have to be in class, I makes Me feel stupid in classes.
   Me is in Gopmetry now studying angles and line segments. Me misses smooshing and going slow. I says speed up. Run, run run. Well me says FUCK I.  YAY ME!

Well I am in my next math class and yes I mean I. Me feels fucking dumb. Me dislikes this class. I tells me he can?t do this and to give up. Sometimes Me believes I. Me feels for other people. Me really understands people too,
I hopes people struggle and don?t feel good. I tells Me that he doesn?t care. Me does care.

Dirt List
Give me a voice!
1. I made me make cracks in music with REDACTED and REDACTED.
2. I made me take too much coffee.
3. I listened to too much music on home visit.
4. I listened to 2 grageful dead songs and did not turn it off right away.
5. I did not talk to Randy or Nils on Home Visit.
6. I learned how to play beginning of unaccepable and play it. Make that crack with REDACTED.
7. I talked and passed notes in class with REDACTED. Geometry.
8. I remembers that he set off alarm in Challenge and died not get in trouble for it. Me know this is not true.
9. I wore sunglasses and knew it was wrong.
10. I?s Dorm had lights out late.

2nd I & Me session
Well,
I me we just did the I want to live fight againsht the pillows on a deeper level. Me feels like SHIT. I WON
or at least I tells Me that I won.

I tells me that I is bigger than me. Right Now Me believes it.
I is telling Me to run away.
I is telling Me BE alone.
Me down?t think.
I tells me Me doesn?t know what to do. Me quit.
Or at least I told me he quit.
Me needs to talk to another Me.
I tells me I has BEEN THERE LONGER THAN ME!

I am finishing eating brunch with REDACTED. I is in control there is nothing me can do. I think.
Me is scared. Me doesn?t know kwhat dto do. He is alone. I tells me he is alone. Tells me he is confused. I tells me to be scared. I or Me wants to talk to someone but noone is here that I know. I am even thinking of going to Caroline. Me knows she understands but thinks she doens?t trust or like me.
God I would like to call REDACTED and talk to her. Me knows __would help me. Maybe I would I would be allowed to call.
Me Really sees Rock Bottom and loves what he sees in others But I tells him that it is not inside of him
Randy is here maybe I or ame can go talk to him. I tells me that still NO one can understand.
I says I have always been here been here since you were a little fetus. Your mother made I you were I when mom found out she was pregnant you were a mistake. You should be a girl. You were supposed to be retarded. There is no Me you are I. AND there is not a damn thing you can do. Why do you think Ma did drugs while she was expecting you? Why do you think she wrote that book?
All these people keep going by and touchingme. I says me wishes they would leave me alone. That?s all I want LEAVE me in I. I is all thereI tells me that he doesn?t know what to do.
I tells me that there isn?t anything but I. Me believes it. It is holidays and me is miserable.
Me wonders if anyone understands this. Me feels so alone. I feel like I need a huge enema. {(talk for emotional release)}
-in the living room. (House)
Me still feels like shit. I AM ME I says.
I almost didn?t write. I says me needs help.
Fuck the lingo for a second. I feel so fucked. I don?t know what to do.
I says leave the school, get stoned, you suck at sports, you don?t write neat enough. You won?tbe able to graduate because ou don?t deserve it because you are a fruitcake you can?t be at this school because this is for Me?es. You don?t have a ME. Me DEAD. Me never lived and Me never will.
I has control. He says I?m numb so I am or Me is. I says DON?T look at your Imagine picture so Me doesn?t. NO ONE CAN UNDERSTAND THIS.

That is about the first twenty pages of my IandMe journal. I did it all. and the summit I don't know if i'll include in the book. PM me about that.
Funny you're the second person to indicate to me today that I musnt've graduated. I did. I'm just pissed for DIFFERENT reasons.
One of the funniest things was that my main counselor at the time used to comment: Blown, you are fifteen years old and you hold a grudge longer than anyone I've ever known."
They had fair warning, in all fairness. Even as an older student I did NOT stop bitching about being there, the perceived injustices, and the wrongs that had been done to me there. I ran my anger at Caroline. Frequently. I stayed in agreement, mindfucked myself into the program while resisting it the whole time.
Hadn't you ever noticed that they school always shook up the older students A LOT before the IandME and summit. Kids left under unusal and unexpected circumstances during those periods. It was always mysterious when one of your older brothers got kicked out during an experience you just knew you were going to go through in a year. I mean if you've made it that far, it's gotta be pretty bad.

Fear not Castle, the Iandme is half done, and the John lennon songs play frequently in my head, now, as a result.

That part during "god" when he says "I was the walrus, but now I'm John" makes me moan every time. I'm already in tears at this point, usually. Yes. I did it all, my friend, and I want it all to be as truthful, and accurate as the rest of my bullshit that I've written is. Stick around for a while this time you geek.
one
-blownaway
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

• View Profile
"But you're all fucking peasants as far as I can see&qu
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 06:36:33 PM »
can somebody who is more savvy post John Lennon's "god", "Mother", "Isolation", "Working Class Hero", and "Look at me"
Here at this site so we can click and download/listen. Just really listening to one of those songs will put you in a bad mood, if not in tears, outright. Forget the perverted, and warped personal experience we had with it, forget the mindblowing monotony of the tape flipping over. It's still fucking nutso.
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
WORKSHOPS
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 10:42:48 PM »
Actually, technically, the songs would be listed under the Plastic Ono Band, and not John Lennon by himself. I had the tapes way back, because that is how much of a sick fuck I am.

John Lennon was an arrogant hippie prick, anyway, and the POB was a bunch of self-indulgent, self-serving crap.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
WORKSHOPS
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 05:00:24 AM »
Hi. Can you please explain the I versus me stuff? Is I supposed to be your bad side?
Also why was listening to music at home on the dirt list. Why was that banned?
Great post BTW
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

• View Profile
WORKSHOPS
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2006, 09:32:46 AM »
Quote from: ""try another castle""
Actually, technically, the songs would be listed under the Plastic Ono Band, and not John Lennon by himself. I had the tapes way back, because that is how much of a sick fuck I am.

John Lennon was an arrogant hippie prick, anyway, and the POB was a bunch of self-indulgent, self-serving crap.

let's get technical, technical
i wanna get technical,
let me hear your modem talk.
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

• View Profile
john lennon and the plastic ono band.
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2006, 09:42:31 AM »
While I was aware of many of their songs together, I was under the impression some of those songs, namely "Mother", were projects that sprang from his Primal scream therapy shit he was doing. I could be more articulate and look it up, but I had to write that I respect that. I think John Lennon was the one person, who towards the end of it all, was coming out of his indulgent time, coming out of his ball and chain to heroin and religion and therapy and politics.

His was the one voice that the sixties- early 70's counter- culture could internationally endure. He had earned the respect of the Fren ch, even! He was just realizing the true potential he had for fatherhood, and being a brother to humanity. I really am not talking out of my ass. I think if he had lived longer he would have done some VERY important humanitarian enterprises. He was ready and though it was a couple of years too late, he was still relatively young.

Was he self indulgent? I have worshipped at Graceland, and I have no problem with that stage, I feel like he was passing through.

To be true, that music did have a huge impact on me, as did the "workshops", Just listening to that shit again. Do it again with me. I used to have the propheet music and whatnot, then I didn't. Now I do again. After that, maybe I can free my musical wierdness that evolved during the time in Idaho.

'fuck em, just to see the look on their face, just to see the look on their face. fuck em just to see the look on their face, just to see the look on their face.'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

• View Profile
WORKSHOPS
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2006, 09:50:19 AM »
simple Ms. OZ:
I=thinking
Me=feeling

Quote from: ""Oz girl""
Hi. Can you please explain the I versus me stuff? Is I supposed to be your bad side?
Also why was listening to music at home on the dirt list. Why was that banned?
Great post BTW

There were some bands I was not allowed to listen to. Actually, I take that back- to the contrary, on my home visits I was able to listen to SOME unacceptable bands. I was forbidden to listen to some bands, in particular, because they were my "image" when I was interred.
I STILL don't listen to those bands, and will shy away when I hear them the same way I do if "The Rose" {some say love...} or Pachabel's Canon comes on.
I listen to the Rocky theme sometimes, it's in my list of NWA, Schooly D and Ice-T songs. Because now it makes me feel just that angry.
Ok Castle, now whose a dork?
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange