Author Topic: Lester Rolloff's daughter died  (Read 7442 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Lester Rolloff's daughter died
« on: October 17, 2006, 02:58:30 AM »
Typed from "Family Altar News"
Oct., Nov., Dec., 2005
Volume 26, Number 4

Elizabeth Ann (Roloff) Twaddell
June 20, 1937 - July 13, 2006

On July 13, 2006, Brother Roloff's daughter, Elizabeth Ann Twaddell, passed from this life to an eternal life to be with her Heavenly Father and her earthly father and mother. Her funeral service was held at the First Baptist Church in Mount Pleasant, Texas.
    Elizabeth Ann was born to Lester and Marie Roloff on June 20, 1937 in Galveston, Texas. She was one of two daughters and the joy of their lives.
    In a talk she gave in May 2005, Elizabeth Ann said: *My earliest memories begin in Trinidad, Texas where my dad was pastor of the First Baptist Church. My baby bed was in the same room with my parents. At night in the dark room I would reach my hand out through the bars and say, "Hold my hand, Daddy." And Daddy would take my little hand with his great big hand and hold it until I fell asleep. It was easy for me to come to trust the Heavenly Father with an earthly father like that. If there is one scripture verse that describes my dad, it would be Ephesians 4:32 'And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.'
    The message he preached then is the same message he preached until death and is still being heard on the radio today. He fought sin but loved the sinner. He believed in the sanctity of the church, the home, and the school. His loyalty to his country and his strong belief in the rights of the individual never changed. His messages were always laced with Scripture that carried the hearer along from one logical point to another."
    Elizabeth graduated from W.B. Ray High School in Corpus Christi, Texas and from Baylor University. A Master's Degree was earned at Texas Women's University in the field of child and Family studies in 1970. For thirty years, she was a home economics teacher as well as a gifted musician. She was organist for 31 years in Cleburne, Texas, at the First Baptist Church.
    She married Clinton Twaddell in 1956 and they had four children:
1. Clint (Martha) Twaddell,
2. Suzanna (Larry) Hughes,
3. Tim (Meredith) Twaddell, and a son Brian who preceded her in death. She is also survived by nine grandchildren.
    At the service, Clinton, her husband read words from Proverbs 31, which viewed her character and purpose in life. Following are some of the quotes from this Psalm he read: "Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies. The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life...She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea , she reacheth forth her hands to the needy, ...Strength and honor are her clothing...She looketh well to the ways of her household... he r children arise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her...Give her of the fruit of her hands, and let her own works praise her in the gates."
    The eulogy, read by Clinton, was composed by her family and is their evaluation of her. Following are some excerpts from that eulogy:
    *It has been said, "Success is a journey, not a destination' Elizabeth's life was a journey of excellence in balancing both a family and a career. As a wife , she was the consummate homemaker. Each meal was complete and precise, No flavor could be repeated on the plate and there was always a green vegetable. Anything not consumed would be presented as ENCORES! Any freshly vacuumed area was off limits. As a mother, she demanded the best. She lived Eccl. 9:10 "Whatsoever they hand findeth to do, do it with thy might." She believed that mediocrity was a sin. A lifelong public educator, Elizabeth demanded excellence in the classroom. She encouraged her students by telling them "To whom much is given, much will be required". She derived pleasure from the accomplishment of her students and her greatest joys often came from the word of the less talented. She demanded excellence of herself as Gods servant as church organist for 31 years.She sacrificed her personal time for practice late in the evenings and on Saturdays so that she could give to the Lord her first Fruits.
    "Enthusiasm was another of her defining characteristics. Elizabeth had a zest for life --- she LIVED until she died. She had fun pulling weeds and cleaning the oven, she often enlisted our children's help with the household drudgeries, telling them 'Come on, it will be fun!" Adversity was often present in our lives, as it is in yours, but every morning she woke up with the realization that happiness is a choice"
    Whenever we failed to share in her enthusiasm , she would reply, "Only boring people get bored".
    "Elizabeth was faithful! despite significant health issues, she never missed a day of work or a Sunday on the organ bench and she never complained. She was a devoted friend, able to recognize and help to meet the needs of others. She was a faithful friend and companion for 49 years.
    "Elizabeth was a class act, Class has been defined as striving to maintain one's dignity and allowing others to keep theirs. She treated everyone with respect!
    "But more important than excelling in her human relationships, Elizabeth excelled in her relationship with her Creator. She only personified Deuteronomy 6:5-7 "And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might, And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart; And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shall talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou riseth up."  She was the epitome of the virtuous woman , she believed in the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. "
    "In Isaiah 40:31 , the Scripture says, "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk, an not be faint"
    Because of our faith, when we think of where Elizabeth is, we can mount up with wings as eagles and rejoice in her presence with the Lord
    Because of our faith, when we think about our no longer having Elizabeth with us, we can walk and not faint."
Glory be to God!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 11:51:32 AM »
::mecry::  OH MY GOD!! i AM JUST SO TORE UP I CAN'T QUIT CRYING! DOES ANYONE HAVE A HANKY?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 10:10:01 PM »
Anyone have a hanky?