Author Topic: Pregnacy rates among "program graduates"?  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Truth Searcher

• View Profile
Pregnacy rates among "program graduates"?
« on: October 14, 2006, 04:12:11 PM »
I have been searching for some sort of empirical evidence regarding the pregnancy rates of girls who attend and or graduate from either TBS's or RTC's of any kind.  I'm coming up empty handed.  If you know of any leads I would be really appreciative.

I am considering writing a research paper on the topic.  My gut tells me that pregnancy rates are much higher among this population group ... but I just can't put my hands on any type of numbers.  I know that any stats in this industry are hard to come by.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
quot;The test of the morality of a society is what is does for it\'s children\"

Deitrich Bonhoeffer

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 04:34:40 PM »
what would be the point of any "research paper" on the topic???

your "gut tells (you) that pregnancy rates are much higher among this population group".  Compared to what other group?  "Troubled"/disturbed/acting-out teens who didn't attend a program?  Like teens who were never identified as to troubled or not?  Post menopausal women?  Teenage boys?
attendees of abusive behavior-mod camps vs gentle, loving psych hospitals?

too many variables

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 05:36:32 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
your "gut tells (you) that pregnancy rates are much higher among this population group". Compared to what other group?

Gee, I dunno. My guess? Kids who's parents accept them, spent the last of their teen years developing decent social skills and boundaries instead of being treated like Gitmo inmates. But that's just a guess.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Dr Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 05:37:46 PM »
WWASPS opened up a school just for pregnant girls.
It\'s time to get real!?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 05:39:01 PM »
Wait, are you saying that program victims are easy lays?

*modifies plans*

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 06:47:40 PM »
Quote from: ""OutlawHorseEater""
WWASPS opened up a school just for pregnant girls.

Babies from "troubled" rich white girls are worth a fortune on the black market.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 10:03:37 PM »
But how much do the girls themselves go for?

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 08:51:03 AM »
Quote from: ""Milk Gargling Death Penal""
But how much do the girls themselves go for?

$4500-$6000 per month.  The problem is that you have to pay that price even though you already OWN the kid.  It's like a docking fee at the marina.  This way you can use the kid a few times a month when you need to feel validated, but you don't have to do the daily maintenance.  Nice trick, huh?
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 03:04:37 PM »
You know the utterly stupid thing about this thread?  Program kids usually are getting out about the time they turn 18.

What, you expect the human species to just end in its tracks?

These young women are the right age to go out and settle down and have their own kids.

Maybe some person here or there doesn't think they should, but being 18 means she gets to decide when she thinks it's time, and with who.

I waited until I was 29 to have my first, and then a few years later when we tried to have another one, we couldn't.

If some young woman wants to settle down and have her family in, biologically, the best childbearing years of her life, then as long as she picks a good guy to be with, I can't fault her.

Even if I could, it's still nobody's business but hers.

Pregnancy is not an obscenity.

Good god, control freaks are just plain crazy.  Unfortunately, the only treatments for being a control freak require the control freak committing to change herself, instead of just controlling everyone and everything around her, instead.

I'm not saying the person who started this thread is necessarily a control freak.  Maybe they just had a brain fart and forgot that so many of these program leavers are young women for whom pregnancy is perfectly appropriate.  Maybe they forgot the teen girls grew up and aren't girls anymore, but are grown women.

But a lot of program parents, and I suppose other people who are some kind of strange, would have a problem with 18 and 19 year old women deciding to have children.

Weird, but true.

Julie

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Pregnacy rates among "program graduates"?
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 10:18:45 AM »
Quote from: ""Truth Searcher""
I have been searching for some sort of empirical evidence regarding the pregnancy rates of girls who attend and or graduate from either TBS's or RTC's of any kind.  I'm coming up empty handed.  If you know of any leads I would be really appreciative.

I am considering writing a research paper on the topic.  My gut tells me that pregnancy rates are much higher among this population group ... but I just can't put my hands on any type of numbers.  I know that any stats in this industry are hard to come by.

Thanks in advance.

So if the pregancy rates were higher, what would you conclude? That programs make people more fertile? That pregnancy is evidence of psychological trauma? Your assumptions are showing . . .

I think you should do the human race a favor and get more education or forego a career in science or research.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2006, 07:13:50 AM »
Actually what I was attempting to support is this:

One "symptom" of an out of control teen (according to program advocates) is sexual promiscuity.  I don't mean responsible safe sex ... I mean multiple partners ... lack of safe sex practices ... abusive sexual relationships, etc.  Programs claim that they "cure"/"fix" this "boundary problem".  I disagree.  I believe that the pregnancy rate among programees is much higher than kids who are "mainstream".  

I know there are lots of variables.  I'm just beginning to think about this subject.

BTW ... I never claimed to be a researcher.  Never claimed to be a scientist.  And obviously if I'm writing a research paper it is because I'm trying to broaden my education.  

Thanks for your witticisms ... and your "information".  And you wonder why no one takes you seriously.  The next time someone asks you for information that you do not have it might be prudent to confess that you know nothing about the subject rather than mask that ignorance with angry rhetoric.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006, 08:43:24 AM »
the conclusions that one draws would naturally depend on the nature of the evidence and the statistical trends that is brings to light.

For example, if a statistically significant quantity of program graduate girls became singe mothers it could be implied that forced separation of sexes during adolescence which is typical of BM mills had a retardative effect on sexual awareness or social/sexual skills or that the hammering these girl's sense of self esteem takes leaves them more prone to seeking emotional validation via sex.

Obviously more research would be required to determine the cause. One cannot make predictions without comprehensive data.

It's worth looking into. I'd like to be able to examine the statistical effectiveness of programs but I fear that will never happen.

MA, can't signin