Author Topic: Im outta here  (Read 3374 times)

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
Im outta here
« on: March 05, 2003, 10:00:00 AM »
Ive been coming here for quite some time now, and I like to think I have made an effort to be fair with people when posting or at least remain open to their views.  But this place has crossed the line for me and become no better than the program itself.  

NOTE TO ALL: This is NOT a generalization.  There are many people who are great to correspond with and are not Nazi's when it comes to others disagreeing with their posting.  So anyone thinking about correcting me on a generalization, please dont.

Foremost, I think the program was terrible, I think it was sick and wrong and a dispicable situation that we were all subjected to.  So dont think that because I sometimes agree that "letting go" or "getting over it" means that I dont support survivors or THE MOVMENT.  However, I do believe that on a persoanl level we must all begin moving on at some point.  We are are ultimately responsible for our own lives, and yes, even when things like the program are forced upon us, it is our responsibility to ourselves to heal and move on and make the remainder of our existence that much more worthwhile.  Blaming is selfish and unproductive.  Pursuing our tormentors is honorable and part of the process, but once they are caught, which I am confident they will be, alot of people are going to be dissapointed when they are still unhappy, and still have their own issues and demons to contend with.  We cant rely on a vengeful attitude alone to help enrich and heal our lives.  And this board is not the definantive answer to getting support.  Anyone who places that expectation on it may end up in a worse postion than when they started.

That all being said, I am choosing to not post here any longer.  I may be completely wrong in my opinion of how this place has changed, but I do know that it is unproductive and unhelpful to me personally.  I find myself increasingly angered by what I read, so I would rather make the choice not to participate.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Im outta here
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2003, 10:49:00 AM »
I, for one will miss your presence on this board. However, I understand wanting to get away at the same time. I hope that you don't consider me to be one of the nazis, as my 'control freak' post on the "posting anonymous" thread was about as tongue-in-cheek as they come. (I'm pretty sure you're with me on that one...) Sorry to see you go, I will also miss the sexy avatar, lol. I hope that you will at least consider checking back now and again, if for nothing else just to see if things are "still the same"...Kindest regards, AlexL

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
Im outta here
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2003, 05:32:00 PM »
Well, sorry to see you leave. I think timing may have had something to do with the latest round. A survivor finds site, asks for help, and then sees that post. Oh well, life's full of suprises and disappointments. It's also full of great times and happiness. Just depends on what you choose at any given moment. Whatever you want to do Carmel, go ahead, we will still be here. Take care, and hope to see your posts again one day soon. MG8 :smokin:

Offline JDavid

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/moondiggum
Im outta here
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2003, 07:55:00 PM »
I miss all the arguments.  I don't know what Carmel is talking about.  Help me eliminate some confusion?  What thread(s) should I be looking at?  In particular, I'm wondering what she means by when the "crossed the line" occured.

David
Kennesaw, GA

Offline like a bird

• View Profile
Im outta here
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2003, 07:58:00 PM »
oh come on, you love us!

::birthday::

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
Im outta here
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2003, 09:17:00 PM »
Let's step outside ourselves for a moment and reflect on the changes that have occurred since the days of our various programs shall we?  Big hair is no longer the rage, cell phones are no longer the size of hair dryers, and computers were to the 90's what Color TV was in the '60's.
School-kids traded in their Walkmans for handguns
and the music is not about getting high, so much as it is about running your mouth about how tough you are, and how many ho's you can impregnate with your illiterate genes.
    Families rarely eat dinner together anymore unless it is at a restaurant.  People with good jobs are working far too many hours overtime, while young frustrated adults scream for training and opportunities against the deaf ear of U.S. Industry.  Values are viewed as 'weakness' and held in contempt.  We witnessed large aircraft fly
into the two tallest buildings in America and some still question whether it was real or just an elaborate set up to plunge our country into war
for the "good of the economy."  For the icing on the cake, we were presented with yet another Space Shuttle Accident.  With all this crap going on, I don't blame Carmel for wanting a break from what is going on here.  I myself split for awhile because I got busy with other things.  I don't let the posts of others get me down that much, but I can say, that lately this forum has strayed into the fringes of the Twilight Zone.  The main thing is that this is what makes America what it is,  a bunch of grab astic pieces of amphibian slime shooting off their mouths and seeking attention and gratification.  People may miss my earlier "Tales of Epic Adventure" from my early days in the Milton Roy Building, but for now I only write like that if I have a flash-back and lemme tell ya, its hard to have a flash-back when all you see in here is the same tired lame-ass bullshit.  Have a nice day  :rofl:  :razz:
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Im outta here
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2003, 11:41:00 PM »
On 2003-03-06 18:17:00, 85 Day Jerk wrote:
" a bunch of grab astic pieces of amphibian slime shooting off their mouths and seeking attention and gratification.  People may miss my earlier "Tales of Epic Adventure" from my early days in the Milton Roy Building, but for now I only write like that if I have a flash-back and lemme tell ya, its hard to have a flash-back when all you see in here is the same tired lame-ass bullshit.  Have a nice day  :rofl:  :razz: "

What are you trying to say 85dayjerk?

Offline like a bird

• View Profile
Im outta here
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2003, 11:50:00 PM »
"grab astic"

I am not quite sure what it means but I am going to be saying it to myself all day tomorrow. ::bwahaha2::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Im outta here
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2003, 01:25:00 AM »
grab a** d*ck, grab a stick, or like the household cleaners: fantastic meets scrubbing bubbles! = GRABASTIC!!!

Offline like a bird

• View Profile
Im outta here
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2003, 11:40:00 PM »
Now I almost feel like crying, I feel so humiliated. I did not realize it meant that. I thought it was more like, spastically greedy, since the poster was talking about Americans.

I do not understand such meanness. I do not know what either I or the original poster said to deserve such caustic replies. I thought 85dayjerks reply was so out of whack that I would just make light of it by finding something funny and therefore good in what I thought was a clever use of language, and remark on that. Making lemonade and all that.

Well aren't I dumb. Is that how you are in real life? Don't you realize you are talking to good people here? Why would you treat people so cruelly? GOOD PEOPLE. Even you! Why direct so much venom at people for having a different opinion or experience of life than you do?

I totally forgive you. I do not believe anyone here is really who your venom is directed at. May you have peaceful dreams, sweet sleep, and wake up a little more healed than the day before.

love,
bird

Offline like a bird

• View Profile
Im outta here
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2003, 11:47:00 PM »
"I don't let the posts of others get me down that much, but I can say, that lately this forum has strayed into the fringes of the Twilight Zone. The main thing is that this is what makes America what it is, a bunch of grab astic pieces of amphibian slime shooting off their mouths and seeking attention and gratification. People may miss my earlier "Tales of Epic Adventure" from my early days in the Milton Roy Building, but for now I only write like that if I have a flash-back and lemme tell ya, its hard to have a flash-back when all you see in here is the same tired lame-ass bullshit." --85 Day Jerk

I didn't think the whole post was "out of whack", just this part.

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
Im outta here
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2003, 12:21:00 PM »
Narcissistic - Of all the animals known to man,
only the Bird is found to be so narcissistic that
it will become so enthralled at the sight of its
own reflection that it will fly directly into a mirror, usually with disasterous results.
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Im outta here
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2003, 12:42:00 PM »
Don't be so officious.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Im outta here
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2003, 06:05:00 PM »
On one hand you have hear people who learned how to socially develope while in a cult based on emotional attacking by riduculing, demeaning, and name calling.

On the other hand you have the internet, where on every single forum or in every chat room there are people who use the internet to say things they wouldn't actually say in real life because they don't think it counts and/or they don't have to deal with your reaction in person.  

There are two types of people who join interactive web sites on the net.

1) People who feel that they can be even more honest about themselves here than in their regular life.

2) People who want to be different then in their regular life.

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Im outta here
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2003, 09:33:00 PM »
There are more than just two types of people.
That's an unfair generalization.