Author Topic: Help What do I do with my son  (Read 5095 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Help What do I do with my son
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2006, 08:27:17 PM »
Quote from: ""Str8survivorVA""
As an aside, though, I think the responses on this thread have been very interesting, telling, and somewhat ironic, given the nature of this forum.

Ironic how? Telling of what?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Help What do I do with my son
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2006, 09:26:43 AM »
Thank you. The issue was not the smoking.  It was about the Agenda. Which has become an accepted and even embraced aspect of the public school system (at least here my 'neck of the woods').  How did this happen? We, as straight survivors, I would like to think, are more aware of what is happening to us sociologically, than most.  I am regularly receiving notices from his school on how I should be "advising" my own child.  Checklists, tutorials, instructions, and the like.  WTF???

Officer Dan's second visit last week provided him with the enlightenment that marijana is a "very addictive" illegal drug that his parents may very well be addicted to.  He has literally woken up several times after bedtime since the good officer's visit and come down to check on his mommy and daddy to make sure that they are 'ok' and have not fallen victim to this evil affliction.

Not complaing here guys.  Just looking for the manual on this stuff.  I must have misplaced it since I was obviously smoking crack when I should have been at a PTA meeting.

Funny stuff there; maybe you should lay off the crack a little? Yeah, that DARE stuff is pure crap... & that's pretty much common knowledge (at least it is here) by now. Your OP seemed to be more about the smoking issue than the DARE thing.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Re: Help What do I do with my son
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2006, 04:35:44 PM »
Not complaing here guys.  Just looking for the manual on this stuff.  I must have misplaced it since I was obviously smoking crack when I should have been at a PTA meeting.

Legitimately, legitimately.... I guess most if not all of us rents have come up against this either gradually or by surprise.

Thank you. The issue was not the smoking.  It was about the Agenda. Which has become an accepted and even embraced aspect of the public school system (at least here my 'neck of the woods').  How did this happen? We, as straight survivors, I would like to think, are more aware of what is happening to us sociologically, than most.  I am regularly receiving notices from his school on how I should be "advising" my own child.  Checklists, tutorials, instructions, and the like.  WTF???

Officer Dan's second visit last week provided him with the enlightenment that marijana is a "very addictive" illegal drug that his parents may very well be addicted to.  He has literally woken up several times after bedtime since the good officer's visit and come down to check on his mommy and daddy to make sure that they are 'ok' and have not fallen victim to this evil affliction.

I guess I've played it differently than you have. Not sure if my way has been any better or not. Maybe all our kids will have to make that call some years from now. But I've been openly suspicious of the agenda all along. Paranoia or prescience? Either way, it's often been contentious because the DARE cop et al get the kids all stoked up for this shit, asif it's a great gift, lots of fun, something to aspire to, etc. and I seem to shit on just about everything they come home with.

I just think it's a dirty rotten trick to withhold vital information from a kid till they grow up and have to figure it all out for themselves. But that's just me. I'm was the pain in the ass kid always demanding to know why and getting pissed off when the grown ups patronized me w/ fairy tale answers.

Seems to me that you've not clued the kid in on those adult issues. You've taught him to trust his teachers and cops and such. And why not? Till very recently, that's just what you believed. But now, as you're deprograming yourself you're going to have to teach bring him along with you. But gently!

I wish I knew exactly how to do that. But I hope, at least, it's helpful to you to have a sounding board here.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2006, 03:38:27 PM »
If we dont teach our children to co-exist with reality ourselves....there isnt anywhere else for them to go except the dark side.

yeah if you're still too busy making more money than anyone ever needed to home school him he is going to have to "co-exist" with the reality you have decided he has to live in because you have decided you have to live in it. think outside the box you live in.

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2006, 08:50:42 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
If we dont teach our children to co-exist with reality ourselves....there isnt anywhere else for them to go except the dark side.

yeah if you're still too busy making more money than anyone ever needed to home school him he is going to have to "co-exist" with the reality you have decided he has to live in because you have decided you have to live in it. think outside the box you live in.

I think this is a good thought, but still not on the mark.  Creating an environment we as parents can control, i.e. homeschooling....isnt going to protect them from society at large no matter what sacrifices we make in order to attempt it.  I think its a incredibly more viable option for academic education these days than what our sorry dollars are getting in the public school system, for sure.....but we arent really talking academics here.  If little Johnny doesnt get it from the DARE folk, he'll be getting from every other thought patrol orifice he comes in contact with.  I think changing the reality of his exposure is not the answer.....but arming him with the knowledge of what that exposure REALLY stands for is the key.  See, these days youve got to be a sneaky as the Pot-Nazis......

Think outside the box, indeed.
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Bluechair666

• View Profile
No more words.
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2006, 12:03:50 PM »
The time for words is through. Show your child that you really care about him, enough to protect him from the evils of the world. Invite officer Dan over for dinner, and beat him to death in your living room, while your son watches. Then tell him, that's what happens to liars son, and you should never hold back your anger and never trust anyone with a badge, because those things are what is bad for you. Isn't it curious that you are so busy making money to take care of your son, that you don't have time to educate him yourself?
ree your mind, and your ass will follow. George Clinton

Kill the body, and the head will die. Hunter S. Thompson

Cast not thy Pearls before the Swine. Jesus