Author Topic: How 'bout them cubbies?  (Read 11736 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
How 'bout them cubbies?
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2003, 10:04:00 AM »
OOPS! THAT WAS FOR PAGE #1 ANON. NO OFFENCE TO THE LAST POST MADE. MY BAD.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
How 'bout them cubbies?
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2003, 01:31:00 PM »
Geez! I was wondering what I had said to offend! LOL

CL

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
How 'bout them cubbies?
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2003, 05:54:00 PM »
Communism anyone? YOU sound like a resident of the BIG HOLE OF DENIAL that America is becoming.  Damn right you can say what you like here....everyone else is doing it, including you....dont you dare tell others that there comments are npot valid here because they dont meet with your approval and then in turn insult them directly back.  Thats FUCKED UP.

"This board is NOT "simply a forum for expressing thoughts and feelings without fear of consequence". Show some accountability. If you want a place where you can just say whatever random thoughts come to mind, this is not the place to do it. And I say "random" because it's actually really hard to figure out what it is you're trying to say with your posts. I have an even harder time trying to understand why someone with your opinion would waste your time, not to mention all of ours, by posting something that is of no value to anyone. This forum in not a place to debate. You can have your opinion, just put it somewhere else. "
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
How 'bout them cubbies?
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2003, 06:32:00 PM »
Carmel, I'm not sure who you're addressing here. I think it's the original Anon poster who everyone's all mad at. And, just to be a bitch, I'm going to stand up for Anon. I disagree with some of the things he/she has said. But I wouldn't go so far as to say they can't or shouldn't say them here or to define what this forum is good for for any user but myself.

For example, Anon says it's all about propaganda. Well, that's a harsh term sometimes used to describe political speech with which one disagrees. Although I don't mind that people are using this forum for socializing and even healing, the primary reason why I set it up was actually to get the word out "straight from the horses' mouths", so to speak, for the specific purpose of blowing great, gaping holes in the political currency of those people who are still making political hay on what they did to us.

There's just one very important difference between this forum and the way Straight, Inc. (&Co) go about promoting ideas. We don't have any "No talking ____" rules. In fact, rampant talking out in group is the whole point. And I think we'll win out in the end, too, because we don't have the considerable overhead of controling what anyone has to say in order to support a forgone conclusion.

The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty bound to do his share in this defense are constitutional rights secure.
-- Albert Einstein

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
How 'bout them cubbies?
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2003, 06:36:00 PM »
On 2003-03-03 06:52:00, ClayL wrote:Ginger, have I said lately, You're the Woman!
CL

The last struggles of a great superstition are very frequently the worst.
--Andrew Dickson

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline ehm

• View Profile
How 'bout them cubbies?
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2003, 06:47:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: cult survivor on 2004-11-29 06:50 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
How 'bout them cubbies?
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2003, 07:53:00 PM »

There is a place you can call 24/7 just to talk . ISAC has a talk line 727-796-7118 if you just want to chat with another survivor. If you feel you need to talk to a professional who is familiar with Straight survivors and what they go through

go to http://www.straightincorporated.com and on the left hand side of the page is helpline number for survivors.

Just thought if you ever needed it its there.

Offline like a bird

• View Profile
How 'bout them cubbies?
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2003, 01:27:00 AM »
Well said, Ginger. Thank you for moderating this forum with the highest principles in mind.

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
How 'bout them cubbies?
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2003, 10:04:00 AM »
Ginger, and all...let me clarify....

The bottom portion of my "Commie" post was a copied and pasted quote , which I believe was made by **** previously in the thread.  That post, I see is now DELETED...and **** follows with the comment that he/she has the right to say "mean shit" if he/she likes....which would, correct me if I am wrong...also mean that the original ANON (whom I support by the way) should be afforded the same right and respect.

Hence....my comment about making the request to take his "opinion somewhere else" was followed by a rather volatile and offensive opinion of Morli's own..... is FUCKED UP.  A double standard in my opinion.

Hope this clears it up.
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."

Offline ehm

• View Profile
How 'bout them cubbies?
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2003, 01:39:00 PM »
That was not me, it was my fiance.
That doesn't matter. Last friday i was so deprepssed i felt like dying. The topic question got lost in the politics after a while.

As for the anon. his reply was cold, rude and seemed out of place to tell a depressed girl. IMO. Yes, he has every right to say them.

Offline Jay

• View Profile
How 'bout them cubbies?
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2003, 03:37:00 PM »
Actually it was my "Communist" post that seems to have everyone upset. Let me apologize. I guess my reaction was a little over the top, I did not mean to suggest censorship or denying anyone the ability to express their own opinions. My intention was to suggest that the "Anon"'s comment really didn't belong in this thread and was actually detrimental, considering the nature of the original topic. (see the opening post)That was why I was upset about the reference to posting without consequences.

I deleted my original post because it was just adding to fire. And I don't want to be the one hijacking this thread. So for anyone who read my "incendiary" post consider it rescinded.

And my apologies to those who took my post to be promoting that there be no free will to dissent here. If we all agreed then there would be nothing to talk about. This is a great forum and I wouldn't want to change anything.

[now we return you to the regularly scheduled program already in progress?]

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
How 'bout them cubbies?
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2003, 03:48:00 PM »
You know this whole thing is so full of hypocritical BS...I am just going to drop it.  I was cold and rude...YOU were cold and rude...every one has a cold and rude opinion. Anon was rude to her, I was rude to you, you were rude to anon and then back to me. So we are all allowed to be rude and cold.

In my opinion, anon was right.  Different people get different experiences and levels of support from this board.  Its not a cure-all, and there is good with the bad....OBVIOUSLY.  He/she was just telling her that she should take it for what its worth and not have un-real expectations.  Thats a very noble thing to do rather than pretend we are all without fault in how we interact on this board.  Maybe you should speak with your fiance about these points and how  no one should be told to "take it somewhere else" if it doesnt jive with the sparkling aura of love and support that he feels should be prevalent here.  I just became angry because I tell people the same thing that anon told her.  USe this place as a guide, but dont expect the board or anyone on it to give you all the answers.  Thats a fair point.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
How 'bout them cubbies?
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2003, 04:55:00 PM »
DUDE, WHY DON'T YOU JUST TAKE A BONG HIT YOU CRAZY DRUGGIES :wstupid:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
How 'bout them cubbies?
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2003, 05:09:00 PM »
On 2003-03-04 12:48:00, Carmel wrote:
"You know this whole thing is so full of hypocritical BS...I am just going to drop it.  I was cold and rude...YOU were cold and rude...every one has a cold and rude opinion. Anon was rude to her, I was rude to you, you were rude to anon and then back to me. So we are all allowed to be rude and cold."

Sure, just not when it could be distructive.
 Do we want more names on the suicides list?

Offline Jay

• View Profile
How 'bout them cubbies?
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2003, 05:24:00 PM »
Exactly the point I was trying to make.