Author Topic: Remembrances  (Read 1927 times)

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Remembrances
« on: May 13, 2003, 07:46:00 PM »
That's really heavy material. Are you telling your doctor this stuff? I'm sorry that happened Anthony.
It wasn't your fault. Any of it. I understand what you feel and have to live with. When I was 13 and younger, I used to tell my Dad I wanted to kill him with a knife. I used to tell him I hated him. Two weeks after he moved out of my house he died. I hadn't seen him once in those two weeks. I felt so guilty. Death is always ironic. It can't help but to be. I've carried guilt around for deaths that were not my fault too. I've lived with regret and shame of things that weren't my fault also.

I just wanted to let you know I understand.  You'll be okay as long as you never give up hope. If you ever loose hope come here to get a tiny dose. You have friends here.
Take care.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Remembrances
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2003, 08:16:00 AM »
Please continue to write. You need to write a book on this or send this story to someplace to get it published.  God!! My heart goes out to you.
Please get a good therapist. You will feel better.
Please someone let him know how to get this published!!!

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Remembrances
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2003, 09:06:00 AM »
Told you you were a brilliant writer.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Remembrances
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2003, 12:17:00 PM »
Wow you ability to recollect this and to make it so human is amazing. I realy felt for you and still do. I am so humbled by your sharing this. Thank you
You know they say that the heart grows stronger when we release the past and leave room for the future it seems to me you have a wonderfuly strong soul
Peace and love sammie

Offline sammiegirl

• View Profile
Remembrances
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2003, 12:18:00 PM »
sorry forgot to log in that was my anon post
ND THE TRUTH WILL SET US FREE

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
Remembrances
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2003, 10:39:00 PM »
Wow man, after reading these posts, I can see that you would benefit tremendously with some EMDR therapy.  It is fairly new and wxtremely effective.  I implore you to seek it out guy.  It has really helped me to deal with a coming to terms with the stuff that went on in Straight.  One of the biggest pluses with this sort of therapy is the cost effectiveness of it all.  I urgently ask that you try it out.  The anger that wells inside of you fairly lept out of my PC's screen man!  This EMDR treatment at the hands of a good counselor will work wonders for you.  Please Please try it out for your own sake.
         I can feel your pain, and it feels like swimming through a pool filled with motor oil and broken glass.  There is always an alternative.
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline mithygato

• View Profile
    • http://mithygato@aol.com
Remembrances
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2003, 04:58:00 PM »
To Abush76,

God bless and best wishes.

It's hard to know what to say in our forums
sometimes, the torment we experienced in there still haunts me today.
There are alot of us here who truly care about the others who were trapped in that place.
We are here to get this stuff out there in the open, and hopefully it will help others who consider putting their children in places such as Straight.
I don't have a problem with an in-patient drug rehabilitation, however, parents and law enforcement MUST THOUROGHLY INVESTIGATE these places before their children are admitted.

I'm glad you had someone who gave you some comfort.
I left on 4th phase after one of my newcomers was beaten to a pulp in the timeout room.
While I did my share of screaming at people, I like to think that I treated the people who were under me as best as I could.
I mean, I got put there straight from jail (weed),and wasn't there 30 minutes before I told them to send me back.
I knew what was happening was fucked up.

Stories such as yours do need to be discussed - the public needs to know what goes on in some of these institutions.

Thanks for posting and take care.

Peace.
David
M.I.A.  88/89
The way in which a man accepts his fate and all the suffering it entails, the way in which he takes up his cross, gives him ample opportunity-even under the most difficult cirumstances-to add deeper meaning to his life.  It may remain brave, dignified an

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Remembrances
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2003, 12:39:00 PM »
Anthony that is such a good story.  :smile: