Author Topic: The Fallen  (Read 24105 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2006, 07:19:03 AM »
I went to William Ferrons funeral  :cry:  
 ~ Nailbomb
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
Re: Valhalla
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2006, 10:10:31 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
While a centralized list is a noble thought and idea, I think it may only continue to leave those unmentioned as forgotten.  I was at one time making a similiar list for my particular program but found it to be counterproductive as the ones that I DIDN'T know about continued to be "left behind" so to speak.  Kudos for the attempt, but it is admittedly an impossible task to record the names of all that died after the program.  Speaking for myself, it was an injustice I didn't want to be a part of involving recognition of only the deaths, suicides, etc. that I knew about.  Information on most of the deaths I did learn about was gleaned via second hand information anyway and I have since learned that much of the information was not factual.  Heresay is rampant and for me, it was another reason my list was not cool for the deceased.
my .02

Thankyou.  This has been on my mind too.  We don't want to leave anyone behind but I don't really know how to solve the problem.  

I think we should only read the names of those who we know for a fact are dead.  Any deaths that can't be verified(one way or another) shouldn't be on the list.  The reason I posted the names of T*acy Ander$en and Harry +aylor wasn't so they'd be on the list of the dead, but in case anyone had any more infornmation and could confirm the facts one way or another.  Perhaps we can have a moment of silence at the service for the unknown lost.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2006, 12:02:30 PM »
:idea:  How about not reading off any names in an official manner? Given the purpose of the event and the people in attendance, the truly dead will be authentically memorialized. If the shoe fits them  they'll surely wear it.    :(

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2006, 02:15:36 PM »
The purpose of attendance is to hook up with survivor hotties.

Offline Valhalla

• View Profile
Re: Valhalla
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2006, 03:34:43 PM »
Quote from: ""starry-eyed pirate""
While a centralized list is a noble thought and idea, I think it may only continue to leave those unmentioned as forgotten.  I was at one time making a similiar list for my particular program but found it to be counterproductive as the ones that I DIDN'T know about continued to be "left behind" so to speak.  Kudos for the attempt, but it is admittedly an impossible task to record the names of all that died after the program.  Speaking for myself, it was an injustice I didn't want to be a part of involving recognition of only the deaths, suicides, etc. that I knew about.  Information on most of the deaths I did learn about was gleaned via second hand information anyway and I have since learned that much of the information was not factual.  Heresay is rampant and for me, it was another reason my list was not cool for the deceased.
my .02

Thankyou.  This has been on my mind too.  We don't want to leave anyone behind but I don't really know how to solve the problem.  

I think we should only read the names of those who we know for a fact are dead.  Any deaths that can't be verified(one way or another) shouldn't be on the list.  The reason I posted the names of T*acy Ander$en and Harry +aylor wasn't so they'd be on the list of the dead, but in case anyone had any more infornmation and could confirm the facts one way or another.  Perhaps we can have a moment of silence at the service for the unknown lost.

I given a lot of thought to this, as well.  There is no way to truly verify the deaths, except for seeing it first hand, I agree.  So, then I REALLY only know of one, Bill Burns, as I was at his wake.  

There are also several 'missing persons' on the list compiled.  And who knows what ever happened to them.

The reason for posting the list was to have people confirm those on it, make any clarifications or additions. I have a feeling that the current list is fairly accurate.  I've put question marks next to those in question.  I'll post it again.

I think that everyone should be remembered.  And a moment of silence for those forgotten would be very appropriate.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2006, 04:58:44 PM »
:idea:  How about not reading off any names in an official manner? Given the purpose of the event and the people in attendance, the truly dead will be authentically memorialized. If the shoe fits them  they'll surely wear it.    :(

I totally agree.  I think remembering everyone as one and NOT addressing specific names is the most "just" thing to do for those that have passed.  To address specifics only lends creedence to potentially botched information and leaves those we don't know about out of the equation.  I would not rely even on "credible" information from other survivors aside from family and funeral attendees.  

Personally speaking, if it were me, I would not want you all gathering and speaking my name aloud after my death.  You were all the people that I knew in group and I don't have very fond memories of those days.  Some of you may have been total and complete dicks and I would rather you keep my name out of your mouth.  I would however appreciate being included anonymously in some sort of collective acknowledgement of ALL those that passed.  Don't you agree?

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2006, 07:08:04 PM »
Yeah. I know what you mean.

What if instead of reading off some unverifiable list of names we allowed time for anyone who was there in attendence who wanted to, to specifically mention or talk about someone ??  time to give a eulogy of sorts ??  Know what I mean ??  That way the people who wanted to give honor to the fallen in a personal way could do it and those who wanted to be less personal could do that.  Am I making any sense, I can't tell ??  Like if a person wants to bear witness or represent then I think they should.    

Everyone will have their own way, and those differences will be respected, at least by me.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2006, 07:38:04 PM »
This is all getting way more complicated than it needs to be.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2006, 11:35:08 PM »
Yeah. I know what you mean.

What if instead of reading off some unverifiable list of names we allowed time for anyone who was there in attendence who wanted to, to specifically mention or talk about someone ??  time to give a eulogy of sorts ??  Know what I mean ??  That way the people who wanted to give honor to the fallen in a personal way could do it and those who wanted to be less personal could do that.  Am I making any sense, I can't tell ??  Like if a person wants to bear witness or represent then I think they should.    

Everyone will have their own way, and those differences will be respected, at least by me.

Sounds good.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2006, 11:44:24 PM »

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2006, 11:56:32 PM »
The list is still important and needs to be created.  It would be good Valhalla, if you would bring what you have at the time of the memorial to the memorial, and maybe some people  there could give us more information.  You know...like whatever facts and rumors you have collected we could work on verifyin' the facts or what-have-you.  I mean, that needs done regardless of everything anyway.  We need to create and maintain a list of the dead, with all relevant facts.  I mean, it seems like it would be good to have such a list, of the fallen.

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2006, 12:01:17 AM »
Quote from: ""kiredor f""

Hey! I deleted that!!!   :rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2006, 12:03:05 AM »
I mean, that needs done regardless of everything anyway. We need to create and maintain a list of the dead, with all relevant facts.

Absolutely.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2006, 09:58:23 AM »
The list is still important and needs to be created.  It would be good Valhalla, if you would bring what you have at the time of the memorial to the memorial, and maybe some people  there could give us more information.  You know...like whatever facts and rumors you have collected we could work on verifyin' the facts or what-have-you.  I mean, that needs done regardless of everything anyway.  We need to create and maintain a list of the dead, with all relevant facts.  I mean, it seems like it would be good to have such a list, of the fallen.

Respectfully, I disagree.  ANY list you attempt to consolidate will be obviously chock full of second hand rumors, inaccuracies, and will only attend to a small percentage of the actual deceased.  Unfotunately, I have been there and done that.  As a matter of fact, Wes has a lot of my information on HIS site that I have now verified as being bogus information regarding program suicides.  Years ago, I wish I would not have even started the very project you are working on currently.

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2006, 10:24:23 AM »
Sounds like the voice of experience.

Are you thinking of attending any of the memorials ??  If you were in one of the $tr8s I would be real interested in your list and any information concerning the fallen that you might already have.  Would you post your list here(excluding all the bogus info that you found out about later), or pm it to me and Valhalla so we can check it out ??  

I understand what you're sayin.  How difficult compiling such a list will be.  But if we are dedicated and if we investigate to find the truth and if we are willing to be patient...I don't know...just seems like it needs done.  After all there are official death records that are kept that can be used to verify or debunk any rumors.

There's no reason not to try is there ??  To learn what we can.