Author Topic: The Fallen  (Read 24082 times)

dragonfly

The Fallen
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2006, 07:13:17 PM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2006, 07:22:20 PM »
I'm sorry, I just can't equate someone who willingly goes on staff at a place like that to the kids that were the victims.  If she had quit her job, apologized and tried to help I might have some sympathy.  This woman was an adult that chose to go and work at that shithole.  I'm not dancing on her grave but I'm not crying over it either.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2006, 08:12:46 PM »
that was originally posted since khk runs exactly like straight inc, so it could be very unlikely that this person just applied for a job without prior experience on the phases. There were people in straight who were 26 on first phase then on staff in the 30's, it is conceivable that this was a case similar to that one. If it weren't for the program, she never would have worked there "thinking" she was helping. There's suckers born every minute... right?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2006, 08:18:04 PM »
I'm sorry, I just can't equate someone who willingly goes on staff at a place like that to the kids that were the victims. If she had quit her job, apologized and tried to help I might have some sympathy. This woman was an adult that chose to go and work at that shithole. I'm not dancing on her grave but I'm not crying over it either.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2006, 10:15:31 PM »
Looking forward to taking a big fat shit in Newton's casket when he kicks.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2006, 12:42:19 PM »
Silkwood? Was Amy Hawes informing on them?

Other than that, I agree with dragonfly.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2006, 12:48:15 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

What's your point?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2006, 12:52:38 PM »

What's your point?

:rofl:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
The Fallen
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2006, 11:38:59 PM »
Staff is just another phase of the program. My whole damned family is still in the program and they still treat me like a misbehaver. That pisses me off. But I still love them and I mourn for their wasted lives and lost and souls.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2006, 12:06:36 AM »
Agreed to a certain extent but first, that's family.  That's different. Second, when does personal responsibility kick in?  I feel badly that she died and died young and had her value system all twisted up of the program but I cannot muster up anywhere near the sense of saddness and loss that I feel for those who didn't dedicate the rest of their lives to perpetuating this shit.  I'm sick of hearing that as an excuse.  It's almost as bad as the AA dicks blaming all of their assholishness (?) on the bottle.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2006, 04:01:52 AM »
Agreed to a certain extent but first, that's family.  That's different. Second, when does personal responsibility kick in?  I feel badly that she died and died young and had her value system all twisted up of the program but I cannot muster up anywhere near the sense of saddness and loss that I feel for those who didn't dedicate the rest of their lives to perpetuating this shit.  I'm sick of hearing that as an excuse.  It's almost as bad as the AA dicks blaming all of their assholishness (?) on the bottle.

:nworthy:  :tup:

Offline Squirrel

• View Profile
Re: The Fallen
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2006, 08:20:32 AM »
If anyone knows a name that should be added or a clarification made, please let me know.

No longer with us...hmmmm.

Kerry Kashmanian, Stoughton 86. Overdose 1996. She was cute and funny. From Dorchester, ma. Left a six year old daughter behind.

Jeff Notorio, 85 Springfield, VA, Stoughton, MA - Missing, Living in woods. He was tall and dark, good friend of my family's. Lived with us for years in Scituate MA after Straight.

Chris Bartoloni. Springfield and Stoughton 1985. Died 2006. Overdose. Heroin. Left three kids. I grew up Summers with him in Scituate.

Pamela Lawrence, Springfield 1985, Stoughton - Missing, homeless, living on streets. My best friend from straight. Her dad is heartbroken.

Many more are no longer with us, but neither are they dead.

Squirrel

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
The Fallen
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2006, 05:02:15 AM »

Well, I think it's sadder. Ask any super straightling or super seedling... well ask them anything and brace to be treated like an apostate. Must be pretty fucked up going through life like that. My grandpa excised from his friends and family anyone who didn't attend AA. I know very, very little about his family, to me they simply didn't exist. How sad is that?

But sympathy is not the same as excuse. I don't excuse them. I'll never bend over and gratefully take it. Just that it's sad as hell to me to think of someone going through that many years with those demons in their heads and hearts and then kicking off w/o coming out of it.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Valhalla

• View Profile
Re: The Fallen
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2006, 03:09:01 PM »
Quote from: ""Squirrel""
If anyone knows a name that should be added or a clarification made, please let me know.

No longer with us...hmmmm.

Kerry Kashmanian, Stoughton 86. Overdose 1996. She was cute and funny. From Dorchester, ma. Left a six year old daughter behind.

Jeff Notorio, 85 Springfield, VA, Stoughton, MA - Missing, Living in woods. He was tall and dark, good friend of my family's. Lived with us for years in Scituate MA after Straight.

Chris Bartoloni. Springfield and Stoughton 1985. Died 2006. Overdose. Heroin. Left three kids. I grew up Summers with him in Scituate.

Pamela Lawrence, Springfield 1985, Stoughton - Missing, homeless, living on streets. My best friend from straight. Her dad is heartbroken.

Many more are no longer with us, but neither are they dead.

Squirrel

Thank you.  I've put their names on the list.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Valhalla
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2006, 05:29:10 PM »
While a centralized list is a noble thought and idea, I think it may only continue to leave those unmentioned as forgotten.  I was at one time making a similiar list for my particular program but found it to be counterproductive as the ones that I DIDN'T know about continued to be "left behind" so to speak.  Kudos for the attempt, but it is admittedly an impossible task to record the names of all that died after the program.  Speaking for myself, it was an injustice I didn't want to be a part of involving recognition of only the deaths, suicides, etc. that I knew about.  Information on most of the deaths I did learn about was gleaned via second hand information anyway and I have since learned that much of the information was not factual.  Heresay is rampant and for me, it was another reason my list was not cool for the deceased.
my .02