• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 13, 2004, 07:51:00 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: taureana on 2004-03-19 06:39 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline jason999

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 13, 2004, 11:59:00 AM »
I just chopped off my last mohawk about a month ago. :smile:

You and Timmy should come to mi casa!  You guys can crash on the futons/sleeper sofas!

-jason

Offline Therion

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 13, 2004, 06:18:00 PM »
NONONO!! That "druggie friend" thing is part of their program its bullshit!!!!

OK say for instance...Is some dude that I buy heroin from..and only know as my heroin dealer gonna really care about me? fuck no...But do I care about him? no...But we arent friends ..thats business...Just like the checker at the grocery store doesnt care about you..buy your shit and go..and thats that..

Now lets say..my best friend...who according to straight is a d5ruggie friend...we have done all kinds of drugs and got drunk thousands of times..do I care what happens to him? yes and vice versa...we have done fucktons of dope together...but hes also the first person thatll put me up if Im homeless (and yes..I was homeless for 4 years) And during those days...my druggie friends helped me when my own family wouldnt...

I usually dont even use that term "druggie friend" ...that was a brainwashing trick to get you to seperate them in your mind from the oh so caring Straight friends. And Im sorry but most of you straight people treated me way fucking worse than any druggie ever did. Im not gonna say names to diferentiate...but theres straight people that I like and theres straight people that I would hit in the head with a fucking lead pipe..

You must understand...everything that was done in Straight was done for a single purpose..3 or 4 central figures came up with alll that shit.Miller Newton and whoever the other few were..

Dont you get it? you werent gonna die..everything you have done since then you owe to you...not them...
 Did you Graduate? If not...you should be dead!! according to them..so they themselves took their own credit away for that..

The only thing positive I got from straight is that nothing shocks me...and I am stronger person for having endured all that shit...

I could go on about negatives....for those 2 positives I just listed I have pages of problems that came from it....and my lists look about the same as the graduates...

One of the worst things that came from it that I cant shake are that...I can become uncontrollably mean and snap on people....and I hate myself...
  Thanks Straight
aving the way for the new breed of bad seed

Offline taureana

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 13, 2004, 11:27:00 PM »
Brad:  Were you like 13 or 14 when you got put into straight?  I think about that and kids like Greg Peay who was 12.  My oldest daughter is going to be 13 in May.  I can't imagine subjecting her to that kind of torment.  Hell, I was 17 when I got put in.  I'd been living on my own and working to support myself and putting my mother through so much crap.  For a long time, I felt like I deserved Straight.  But I just can't imagine how a little 13 year old kid could deserve a place like that.
Maybe that's why I got into counseling after I left Straight.  I wanted to save kids.

I worked at a place called Sundown Ranch in Canton, TX that was absolutely beautiful!  They had an oldfashioned school house and horses and cows.  A pond they could fish out of that had a pair of black swans and turtles popping their heads out.  They had a vegetable garden.  Every Friday we would have this huge barbeque cranked up cooking brisket.  And we'd play volleyball in between raps.  They even had a couple of llamas.  Sometimes I would take the kids on this long hike to this hill that made you feel like you were on top of the world.  And they hated it.  The kids complained about how hard the program was and how bad it sucked being there.  And I just wanted to ring their freaking little necks, because they had a paradise compared to where we were.  Once in a great while, I would tell them about Straight and remind them to thank God every night when they went to bed that there was no more Straight in Dallas!

Offline Therion

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 14, 2004, 12:19:00 AM »
Yes I was the youngest kid in straight until Greg Peay came in thus making me 2nd youngest.

Offline Therion

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 14, 2004, 12:27:00 AM »
I wasnt put into straight...I checked myself in.
 Lets just say I had family problems and was miserable and wanted to get away from them..this lady named Nancy Anderson cme to talk to me and lied her ass off to get me to go...(she worked as straight recruiter)
 I was told and I quote " You will get to go stay in Dallas with a nice family...and be with other kids who understand what you are going through....you can go to Six Flags on the weekend.." And me having no reason not to trust her I went...after my intake I asked to use the phone..but it was too late...

I was 12...a virgin..had smoked pot a few times mabey...what small amount of alcohol I had drank came from my parents Liquor. After the head job they did to me I turned into a heroin addict shortly after I got out when I was 16..am 30 now and still on methadone....
 ..and any hopes of me having a normal life are fucked..And I want answers.

EDITED: Threats are bad Mmmkay

[ This Message was edited by: Therion on 2004-01-13 21:29 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Therion on 2004-01-13 21:40 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 14, 2004, 03:42:00 AM »
:question:  [
quote]
On 2004-01-13 15:18:00, Therion wrote:

"

NONONO!! That "druggie friend" thing is part of their program its bullshit!!!!

OK say for instance...Is some dude that I buy heroin from..and only know as my heroin dealer gonna really care about me? fuck no...But do I care about him? no...But we arent friends ..thats business...Just like the checker at the grocery store doesnt care about you..buy your shit and go..and thats that..

Now lets say..my best friend...who according to straight is a d5ruggie friend...we have done all kinds of drugs and got drunk thousands of times..do I care what happens to him? yes and vice versa...we have done fucktons of dope together...but hes also the first person thatll put me up if Im homeless (and yes..I was homeless for 4 years) And during those days...my druggie friends helped me when my own family wouldnt...

I usually dont even use that term "druggie friend" ...that was a brainwashing trick to get you to seperate them in your mind from the oh so caring Straight friends. And Im sorry but most of you straight people treated me way fucking worse than any druggie ever did. Im not gonna say names to diferentiate...but theres straight people that I like and theres straight people that I would hit in the head with a fucking lead pipe..

You must understand...everything that was done in Straight was done for a single purpose..3 or 4 central figures came up with alll that shit.Miller Newton and whoever the other few were..

Dont you get it? you werent gonna die..everything you have done since then you owe to you...not them...

Did you Graduate? If not...you should be dead!! according to them..so they themselves took their own credit away for that..

The only thing positive I got from straight is that nothing shocks me...and I am stronger person for having endured all that shit...

I could go on about negatives....for those 2 positives I just listed I have pages of problems that came from it....and my lists look about the same as the graduates...

One of the worst things that came from it that I cant shake are that...I can become uncontrollably mean and snap on people....and I hate myself...

Thanks Straight"
[/quote]

Offline Therion

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 14, 2004, 06:19:00 AM »
No way dude...I havent spoken to Mike in a year or more...damn 2 years now..Alex the same deal..

I was prolly thinking Rob...but Im antisocial man and have few friends.........

But drugs = business
and friends are friends..

Are you considering some wierdo biker guy that sells you speed a friend? then you are right..
 I know you from...Straight...you were one of our counsellors...but I have done lots of drugs with you....want me to start listing drugs we have done together? So does that make you a druggie friend? The whole area is grey and fucking stupid...and I feel safe rejecting the idea solely on the grounds that Miller Newton made it up..

And yes...Alex will get fucked in jail...I didnt but I wasnt on a farm with Lifers..and it was pretty chill...I mean I saw some people get severely beaten...and some dude from Midland actually got beat to death (his name I forget I didint actually see it) Oh and I did see a dude get stabbed and his lung punctured over a lighter....but other than that it was chill..

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 14, 2004, 11:03:00 AM »
I worked at a place called Sundown Ranch in Canton, TX that was absolutely beautiful! They had an oldfashioned school house and horses and cows. A pond they could fish out of that had a pair of black swans and turtles popping their heads out. They had a vegetable garden. Every Friday we would have this huge barbeque cranked up cooking brisket. And we'd play volleyball in between raps. They even had a couple of llamas. Sometimes I would take the kids on this long hike to this hill that made you feel like you were on top of the world.
I imagined this sort of scenario when my parents told me that they were going to "take me to VA where I would stay with some people who could talk to me..." or something like that. At that point, I wasn't doing much in the way of drugs. I had left home sometime in September because I was tired of the school I was in, but mainly because my parents were interfering with me getting laid in one way or another. I came back a month later. I ended up in straight in early Nov of 82.

You will get to go stay in Dallas with a nice family...and be with other kids who understand what you are going through...

Yeah, it was something like this...

Offline taureana

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 14, 2004, 12:18:00 PM »
I had dropped out of school when I was 16.  Didn't need a parent to sign for me.  So when I was 17 I decided to go back to school.  I couldn't re-enroll unless I had a parent sign for me.  So I called my mother.  Big mistake.  She showed up to "enroll me back into school".  I should have known something was up when she didn't want me to wear my Def Leppard t-shirt and short shorts.  Too bad, that would have gone over great at Straight.  Instead I wore black wranglers and white cowboy boots.  I can just hear it now, "What do you mean you only smoke pot and drank.  People who listen to Def Leppard don't just smoke pot."  So I was full of shit when coke showed up in my urine.  I didn't know that Primos had cocaine in them.  I just thought it was Supreme Weed.!  And yes, being from Athens, I had just fallen off of the turnip truck yesterday . . . .

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 15, 2004, 04:04:00 AM »
Therion, Valerie Holts friend you were describing a few squares back is Becca Parum.  I can't get the quote feature down.  I want to quote a few words but end up quoting everything.  So you mis-took my quote about the druggie friends.  I was really wanting to dog alex burns.  I'll tell you more of why tomarrow or something. :tup:

Offline Therion

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 15, 2004, 04:23:00 AM »
Damn man I can picture about 50 peoples faces very vividly like a photo...but names just dont ring a bell..Becca yah she was a hardcore chick..she just had that thugness to her that alot of kids didint have in there..not to sound rude..I mean Im sure I have that look now...but in Straight so many of the kids were just...I mean you could tell they werent really bad kids from the gutter..I mean Greg Peay??! Cmon! He had that overprotective mother...gad no wonder he was acting up..the parents in there were crazier than the fucking kids...I can see that now as an adult...and how the parents went along with and bought that shit...and how the hostparents that actually had an inkling of what was going down and still didint stop it just blows my fucking mind.

If I had 15 year old and put them in a place...and opened host home and saw that shit that was gong on I would have pulled my child and blown the whistle fast..I mean what the fuck?

Offline Therion

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 15, 2004, 04:26:00 AM »
I really Fear bad things have happened to alot of those kids..I mean now that these sights are up...and almost everyone has access to Puters..I guess its just a matter of time till people find it..

Offline taureana

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 15, 2004, 08:54:00 AM »
A couple of names have come to my mind and just wondering if anyone knows what they're up to:

Michelle Carr
(I had visited Allison Boggs after I left and she said she had been in contact with Michelle but that was in 1989)

Tyler Owen
(He was in a terrible car accident in 1991, he had to learn how to walk again.  The driver was killed.  Tripped with him a few times after he got out of the hospital)

Caeser

Stacey Elliff

Jana Turner (wasn't she a midland kid?  She was the girl that got knocked into a wall by a misbehavor and started peeing herself all the time.  I felt sorry for her and then a commencee told me after I left she cracked and had been FOS the whole time)

Gina (can't remember her last name.  She was a big time misbehavor)

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 15, 2004, 02:32:00 PM »
Lets see...

Tyler Owen....saw him some time after the accident....then not too long ago (bout a year) at a strip club...then low and behold, he delivered a Dominos pizza to my doorstep, twice, this last September.  Havent seen him since.  He does seem to have full recovered BTW.

Caeser....my nemesis....havent seen him since the program and it would probably be in his best interests that I never do again.  Heard he became a cop though, and still is I am sure...can you imagine?

Stacy Eliff......saw her many many years ago at a poor excuse for a Straight reunion some of the parents put together right after the building closed down.  Aftercares STILL couldnt talk to cop-outs....even though the whole fuckin place was already deep sixed.  Havent seen her since.

PS...welcome to the board...I havent been around for a while...house remodeling (yuck!).  I was in Dallas in 90-91 give or take.  I know a whole slew of the same people.

Good luck!

Carmel
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere