Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2003, 10:47:00 PM »
I am the original poster.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2003, 10:50:00 PM »
I'm very interested in speaking with you regarding Texas. Richardson...Irving... I have not found much info on this and would like more.

I was in Richardson.

Offline mithygato

• View Profile
    • http://mithygato@aol.com
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2003, 04:03:00 AM »
Rich,

Yea, there aren't many of us here on this post from Richardson or Irvin Texas.
Only a few that I've noticed - it's kind of wierd considering the other cities have so many . . .

No matter what city in which we were inprisoned, we all talk here and stuff.

Welcome to the board, it would be great to get together with any fellow misbehavor and shoot the sH*t!

Drink a few beers and go piss on that old building that used to scare so many.

Peace on Earth.

David
M.I.A.
Richardson 88/89 ::hehehmm::
The way in which a man accepts his fate and all the suffering it entails, the way in which he takes up his cross, gives him ample opportunity-even under the most difficult cirumstances-to add deeper meaning to his life.  It may remain brave, dignified an

Offline KIDSofEP

• View Profile
    • http://www.kidsofelpaso.com
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2003, 11:13:00 AM »
Does anyone know the addresses of both the Richardson and the Irving Straights?  I'd like to drive by and shoot some current pics sometime.  I snapped a few pics of my old program building (most at kidsofelpaso.com) once, it was a rather haunting experience.  I think all building pics should be archived somewhere of each of the synop facilities, past and present.  If wood and sheetrock could talk, those buildings would have stories to tell even beyond our scope of knowledge of events.  What happened before us, after us, behind closed doors, etc.  Within the walls of each of the former straights echoes confrontation, restraint, denial of fundamental human rights and priviledge, not to mention the memories that we share.

If anyone knows the addresses, please post them and I'll post links to the pics soon.  
Thanks in advance.

[ This Message was edited by: KIDSofEP on 2003-06-14 08:14 ]

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2003, 02:06:00 PM »

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2003, 05:50:00 PM »
The name of the street Richardson Straight was on is Executive Drive.

Offline mithygato

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2003, 10:21:00 PM »
Hey Morli, :smile:

No offense taken at all.
We both know what went on in Richardson, for me it became a violent experience within 10 minutes entering The Group.

I too, would like to know more info. about those in charge, and more about staff names, admittance policies, crisis control and management, hiring req's., . . . those sorts of things.  If these people are still "practicing" they need to be watched.
From what I've learned, these replacement facilities seriously network with one another and have some of these "rehab's" former employees on payroll.

On a different note, sometimes I like to blame it on the SADD disorder, but Christmas and Thanksgiving simply don't represent the special meaning before Straight Inc.  Before yesterday, I hadn't seen my Dad since X-mas 2000, and even longer with my mom.  It's hard to get enthused around family and put your fake on, when you know they were laughing and having a great time - while I despatate, lonely, angry as Hell, and was considering hurting and/or killing my oldcomer with a toilet top and escaping that strange, filthy home.  Thanks to a few choice host families, X-mas songs make me sick to my stomach - almost physically.

One host family would actually take our food away if we didn't eat it in within 2-3 minutes.
Who am I, Homer Simpson?  When they took it from the newbies the parents actually laughed about it - it was a daily kick for them. They would also let everyone wrestle in the bedroom all the time. I remember one time I got so mad cause I had no desire to partake in that shit, that I shoved a guys head through the fucking window.
Parents weren't too happy.  I smiled all day.

To this day, while I do forgive my folks to some degree, I still find it impossible to believe that as grown adults (40+) in 1988, that they heard and witnessed all the violence and neglect and thought all was peachy keen.  I told them everything I had seen that I had buried deep down - even though I had been threatened by 5th phaseres and other 4th phasers not to say anything.
When I decided to plan my escape I told my parents everything a few days before I ran.  They were livid with me and didn't do anything but threaten to send me back to my probation officer IOW(jail).  Lucky for me they didn't know I was leaving in a few days when I got paid at work!

They were pissed even though they had seen the bruises appearing on my newbies, seen the dried blood on clothing, the unexplained swelling, CARVINGS on flesh.

So I was homeless until a former co-worker took me in. That person slipped me a mickey and I was abused me even more - but that's a much longer and different story.

Eventually, the folks did come to somewhat of a realization (not quite self-actualization, but we're all working on that one), that all those MI's they read at night, where my new comers were describing physical and emotional abuse in that building just might hold some truth.

Voila!  My folks let me come home.  Amazing, since we had yet to address the fact that I had run from a court order to be there.  They were now protecting me?  Hiding me? Telling me not to answer the door.  Stay inside where it's safe.

Today, if I bring up the subject they don't say anything.  I can't get but a word or two if that, more like a grunt.
This site though, has helped me look more to the future now, and letting some of the past go along with other survivors has helped.

Gotta agree with you about Texas.
With people like Dubya, Tom Delay, Rylander and the like, we have some of the biggest boneheaded politicians around.  Tom Delay probably scares his own Mom.

It would be awesome,however, to meet you and Rich (and anyone else from Richardson/Irving) who has found this forum, and who agrees that Straight was pure mind control.

Having a cookout at the lake and burning a few Straight Exec's at the stake maybe?  
That would be fun.

Peace to all.

David
Richardson 88/89

It grieved me then and now grieves me again when I direct my mind to what I saw; and more than usual, I curb my talent, that it not run where virtue does not guide; so that, if my kind star or something better has given me that Gift, I not abuse it.
The Inferno - Dante Alighieri
The way in which a man accepts his fate and all the suffering it entails, the way in which he takes up his cross, gives him ample opportunity-even under the most difficult cirumstances-to add deeper meaning to his life.  It may remain brave, dignified an

Offline mithygato

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2003, 03:14:00 AM »
Hey everybody,

I'm still damn curious why it seems that every other Straight has all these people describing their ordeal on this forum, yet so few responses from the Texas locations.

Is there anybody out there? ? ?
(besides myself, Morli, and Rich)

Also, why does such an especially violent and cruel Straight (I'm sure there were worse ones) have so many former "clients," and yet only a few have posted on this board. :question:

It troubles me.  It makes me wonder.

By the way, anyone with info. on the Tx. programs, I would love to read any documentation.

Peace you all.
David
Mithy
 :em:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2003, 12:43:00 PM »
It's sort of the same with Sarasota. I only know of about half a dozen ppl who were in Sarasota and who have contacted any of us through these sites. But Sarasota branch was only open for around 3 years. Some other branches were open for over a decade. Texas and California branches were only around for, what, a year and a half or so?

He, who has nothing, and who himself belongs to another, must be defended by him, whose property he is, and needs no arms. But he, who thinks he is his own master, and has what he can call his own, ought to have arms to defend himself, and what he possesses; else he lives precariously, and at discretion.
http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/documents/a1_8_12s4.html' target='_new'> James Burgh 1774

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2003, 12:56:00 PM »
>

Offline glider

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2003, 03:25:00 AM »
I still come here from time to time...
Executive Staff names I remember:
Amy Cameron
Mrs. Reiley
another women who was pregnant at one time, can't remember her name (help me?)
Ann Petito
Some guy that would come about once a month or so, he was a up there in Straight hierarchy(anybody know this dudes name?)

other staff
Craig McGinnis
Brad Miezel
Garrett Coy
Steve (short spikey blonde hair)
David Spitz (liked to torture animals)
Shelley (a good person)
Some girl from Florida who I hated, I think her name was Stephanie, short with black hair
Bob Burdman (who I know personally)
Ed Frimer (who I know personally)
Jennifer? ( a little bit heavy, very much a bitch)
Mike Whelhem
A brother and sister who were on for just a short time, very Texan

Hope this helps..
~John

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2003, 03:35:00 AM »
My name is Shannon, email me if you like.  [email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2003, 03:39:00 AM »
Oh my god!  I know all of those people!  Total Blast from the past.  My brother and I were there,  Me first and then him Shannon and Barry Adelman.  I know where to find Angie and Anita Nations, Brett Stocklman.  Marni and Mitzi Smith.

Offline glider

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2003, 03:47:00 AM »
I almost forgot Warren Kenedy.
I actually liked Warren for what reason I'm not quite sure.  He was a true believer if there ever was one.
~John

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2003, 03:48:00 AM »
This is Shannon Adelman.  Lezlie!  I lived in your host home!  How are you?  Email me.  [email protected]