Author Topic: Outside Looking In  (Read 1975 times)

Offline MidniteJewel

• View Profile
Outside Looking In
« on: February 16, 2003, 09:01:00 PM »
:???: I was not in Straight. But i talked to a young lady on the phone where i work. We got to talking about how we grew up. I agree that she had it ten times worse than i did. She told me to look up Forums about Straight. I have been reading about it every since i have talked to her. Just some of the things that she told me that has happened to her/the people she knew why she was there was awful. How she got there is even worse. It seems like you guys are just at each others throat. If you have been through what she told me she went through i would think that you would be trying to help each other instead of trying to see who had it worse.  I really hate to be rude but the things that i have read for the past few weeks makes my heart melt for the people who have been through Hell.  

It's not enough to have a dream, Unless you're willing to pursue it. It's not enough to know what's right, Unless you're strong enough to do it. It's not enough to learn the truth, Unless you also learn to live it. It's not enough to reach for love, Unles

[ This Message was edited by: MidniteJewel on 2003-02-16 18:02 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
t\'s not enough to have a dream, Unless you\'re willing to pursue it. It\'s not enough to know what\'s right, Unless you\'re strong enough to do it. It\'s not enough to learn the truth, Unless you also learn to live it. It\'s not enough to reach for love, Unles

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
Outside Looking In
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2003, 10:50:00 AM »
Well, I hope that the rifts you describe have been smoothed out a bit. Everybody gets pissed off from time to time, some moreso than others. I think that the survivors of straight, inc have a knack for pushing thru times like these and moving on with productivity. Have you read all the other posts? The ones about what started all this? About Mel Sembler and his cronies? Go to http://www.thestraights.com, or http://www.straightincorporated.com and prepare to stay a while. There's a lot of FACTUAL reading at these sites. Tell your senator what you are reading, he may not believe it, but it's true.
MG8  :smokin:

Offline MidniteJewel

• View Profile
Outside Looking In
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2003, 04:31:00 PM »
I know that its true. She has come out on top. I know things like this happen but i can honestly say that this is the worst thing i have ever seen. I think the worst part is the manipulation of parents to put there kids there just for money. Even if i took this to my senator it probably would not matter because we dont have any of those programs here. They have them in birmingham. My brother was in pathway center but we never heard anything like that . I think thats why it bothers me so much because some of the things i have read about what happend after Straight with to attitude changes and the crazy trips. Sounds like him so it makes me wonder if something really did happen to him but he will not tell anyone.
t\'s not enough to have a dream, Unless you\'re willing to pursue it. It\'s not enough to know what\'s right, Unless you\'re strong enough to do it. It\'s not enough to learn the truth, Unless you also learn to live it. It\'s not enough to reach for love, Unles

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Outside Looking In
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2003, 08:21:00 PM »
Hi Jewel,
  Welcome. Well, if some of us tend to be overly hostile and agressive (and we do, not to mention sometimes paranoid and such), there are a good many others who dodge the other way and wind up being overly obliging and reserved. I have 4 brothers and sisters who went through the Program and don't talk about it. In fact, one of many deep devides between us is that I keep forgetting (or refuse to accept) that talking about it is a crime worse than writing bad checks but not quite on a par with attempted murder.

I don't think much has changed at Pathway. We don't know too much, as we haven't made contact with a lot of recent clients. But the one or two who've posted here or contacted us privately report that it's pretty much the same ole, same ole.

you Momma is a big fat's ________
--Leroy Brown

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
Outside Looking In
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2003, 02:46:00 AM »
Hopefully one day, working to close the programs that are descendants of straight, inc, will make a difference to all people, regardless of what political rank they hold. Keep your eyes and ears open, you may find someone who needs help after being in one of these programs. Thank you, MG8 :smokin:

Offline MidniteJewel

• View Profile
Outside Looking In
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2003, 10:19:00 PM »
I think one thing that keeps my interest is that i would help someone else before i would help myself. i know that if i knew that someone needed help. I would be the first to jump right in and help. And you know sometimes that gets my own ass in trouble but i still have to help or i feel usless. I guess that really doesnt make any since.

Offline chinrse23

• View Profile
Outside Looking In
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2003, 11:17:00 AM »
I just wanted to let you know that these people really helped me when i needed it.  They are very caring and loving people and although they dont always seem to get along, they all have much love in their hearts and much compassion. Thank you everyone again for being there when i needed you.  I hope that i can reciprocate one day.

Offline 2dogs

• View Profile
Outside Looking In
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2003, 12:05:00 PM »
Ask your brother about some of the things you've heard. Maybe he is dying inside right now like many of us were (are) when we thought we were alone...or maybe he's all good. There were over 12,000 kids in Straight alone and only a few hundred have bothered to seek out what happened to Straight and many of them still felt like a loyal "Straight kid" before they read a little. Maybe he feels greatful for straight (pathways) like so many others. I did in my brainwashed kind of way for years.
 Heres a thought: How many ex-Straightlings come across these sites and just turn their noses like Straight taught them to do with "Druggies" like us?  I would bet the anwser is over a thousand.  It's hard to accept that your life , all or in part has been a lie for 5, 10, 15 , 20 years. ...Joey

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
Outside Looking In
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2003, 12:02:00 AM »
Well, my perception is that out of the people I have been in contact with, only a select few think that the program was what they needed. Far many more have expressed anger, frustration and a host of other negative feelings about their experience. Even people that have not come to the boards and forums, so it is not a limited audience, so to speak. I think a much more gloomy picture has been painted by the mind controllers. I often wonder how many are dead or just plain out of the picture for good. I think there are alot more negative stories than positive, and the people that have not heard about this cause, truth, whatever, will eventually come around or die silently as miserable souls. The point I am trying to make is that nothing about STRAIGHT INC should ever have been allowed to exist here or anywhere. Maybe one day the general consensus of government officials will be to stop the abuse and offer assistance to those who have been subjected to this treatment. In order to ensure that they at least hear about it, I will keep pressing the issues with them until I get too old and more senile to do so. BTW, The folks up there at Northwestern University, you know, Mel Sembler's Alma Mater, requested a full report on his involvement with STRAIGHT, INC. Maybe they will renounce his status as a alum in good standing, or at least do something to help us. Maybe they will offer a study or something about it. Who knows :question:
Oh well, I hope more people seek the truth, and when they find it, come here and talk it over with us.
MG8 :smokin:  

[ This Message was edited by: METALGOD8 on 2003-02-24 21:04 ]

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
Outside Looking In
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2003, 09:22:00 AM »
"BTW, The folks up there at Northwestern University, you know, Mel Sembler's Alma Mater, requested a full report on his involvement with STRAIGHT, INC."

I was beginning to wonder what happend to the youth of today! I know when I was in college, I would have eaten this stuff up and just couldn't believe they were just ignoring the whole thing. I am much comforted by this news. While I'm not much on the vengence thing, I will gleefully make Mel's life as miserable as where his afterlife will be spent. In fact, becaue he is a public official, as long as I keep a smidgeon of truth in it, I can say just about anything I want about the guy. The beautiful thing is, Mel has such a sleezy direct connection to the physical and mental abuse of countless American youths, I don't need to spin a single thing. It's kind of like asking a jury, "So, when did you stop beating your wife?" No matter what the person says, in the eyes of the jury the person is a wife beating scum bag.

So, Mel, "When did you stop physically and mentally abusing America's children?"

"What?! You are still sponsoring this abuse?!"

CL

[ This Message was edited by: ClayL on 2003-02-25 06:26 ]