Author Topic: Any info on Project PATCH or Cove Creek?  (Read 13995 times)

Offline Shlee

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ridetheduckshlee
Any info on Project PATCH or Cove Creek?
« on: September 01, 2006, 01:53:35 PM »
I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about either Project PATCH in Idaho, Cove Creek in North Carolina, Allen Christenbury, Jr aka Chris Christenbury ( He runs Cove Creek) or Tom and Bonnie Sanford (they started Project PATCH). Nobody really seems to have anything to say about them and I would like to hear if anybody has some info on them.
~Shlee
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
prung my boyfriend from Spring Creek

Anti-WWASPS : Help stop abduction and child abuse in the United States

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
DON'T Put me on the need to know list....
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 03:36:17 PM »
http://www.covecreekcenter.com/staff.html

A quick trip to the site says we are all better off NOT knowing too much about cove creek center- not to be confused with Cove Creek School also in NC.
The rabbi, puffing on his cigar looks well capable of administering some serious tough love in the traditional man-boy style.
Use your own judgement but if the pictures don't give you the creeps then question it....your judgement I mean.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 09:00:50 AM »
Chris Christenbury learned his craft from one Bob Gluhareff who owned and operated Wellspring Academy in southern Virginia from about 1986 to 2003.  The school closed in 2003 and the investigations began.  After 3 long years, Bob Gluhareff was charged with 36 counts of several felonies and goes on trial in federal court in Roanoke Virginia next month.  
Chris was Bob Gluhareff's right hand man and worked for many years during that period at Wellspring, as did everyone else listed in the staff section of Cove Creek Center, except the resident "horse whisperer".  The numerous references to a "boarding school for at risk youth" and the "leadership academy" are all references to Wellspring.  Chris learned the model from Bob and defected, setting up his own little Wellspring, aka Cove Creek Center.  Bob was furious and forced Chris to send the following letter out or face legal consequences:

February 25,2003
Dear current and former Wellspring staff, students, families, and associated professionals:

One year ago, I left Wellspring Academy and Wellspring Institute of Leadership.  Just before my departure and after leaving Wellspring, I engaged in behavior which I regret;

Without authorization, I used names and addresses from Wellspring Academy's proprietary documents and sent letters and brochures to advertise my new business venture and solicit business for Cove Creek.

I do not have any license or any certification that would allow me to do any psychological or clinical counseling at Cove Creek Center.  Further, I was not and and currently am not supervised by a licensed clinician.

At Wellspring, I had a student help me develop my Cove Creek website, and I did this while I was still working at Wellspring.

Another student at Wellspring knew that I was developing a new business.  He was asked by me to keep it a secret from the staff at Wellspring.  This may have undermined the staff at Wellspring in the eyes of the students.

I have used Wellspring's proprietary information to build up Cove Creek, my new business, without regard to Wellspring
s rights and reputation.

There's a little more where Chris apologizes and expresses his regrets if he hurt Bob Gluhareff or Wellspring.  The letter is signed "Very truly yours,  Chris Christenbury"

Hope this helps.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
True
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 11:58:42 AM »
This is all so true. I was a witness to it. The boys fared no better there than Wellspring.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 02:20:58 PM »
Wow.. too bad that letter isn't on their webpage front page. Still can't believe parents fall for this crap...

who would send their kid to this guy?

:o

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 03:05:06 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Wow.. too bad that letter isn't on their webpage front page. Still can't believe parents fall for this crap...

who would send their kid to this guy?

:o

Certainly not someone whose kid has a "problem" with tobacco!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 10:42:32 PM »
My experience with Cove Creek Farm was not positive. It is a nightmare still to this day. First go to www.wataugademocrat.com and click on Archives. Select news dating 8/21 to 8/25. Schroll down to Sheriff's report dating Aug 16 and read. If that doesn't convince you go to http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/ Click on District & Superior court Query. Type in Christenbury for Watauga county. That should convince you. As for everyone that reads this please send out everything you know about this man and his time at Wellsprings. If I knew half of this stuff about him I would have never sent my son there. Help save other kids. Post what you know.

Offline Shlee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 10:03:25 AM »
Thank you so much everyone.  Keep it coming...
~Shlee

Offline Shlee

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 10:32:19 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
My experience with Cove Creek Farm was not positive. It is a nightmare still to this day. First go to www.wataugademocrat.com and click on Archives. Select news dating 8/21 to 8/25. Schroll down to Sheriff's report dating Aug 16 and read. If that doesn't convince you go to http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/ Click on District & Superior court Query. Type in Christenbury for Watauga county. That should convince you. As for everyone that reads this please send out everything you know about this man and his time at Wellsprings. If I knew half of this stuff about him I would have never sent my son there. Help save other kids. Post what you know.

To whoever this was, I would appreciate it if you would PM me so I could hear your story.  Thank you in advance.
~Shlee

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 11:29:08 AM »
Do you have any links to this man or this program? Going through an experience like this dosen't allow you to trust to many people.

Offline Shlee

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2006, 12:11:23 PM »
Actually, no.  I'm a volunteer for ISAAC and I'm researching these programs.  I completely understand how hard it is to trust someone after going through something like that.  Even though I didn't, my boyfriend did (WWASPS, topic: Spring Creek Lodge, the one with like 1000 posts.)  I'm very dedicated to stopping these places or atleast educating as many people as I can about the horrors that are experienced at them.  
~Shlee

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2006, 05:48:11 PM »
Can I contact you through your my space?

Offline Shlee

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2006, 06:36:06 PM »
That would probably be the best way...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"Rabbi" Chris Christenbury
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2007, 12:19:39 PM »
I can tell you exactly what the "Rabbi" is up to. He is running Cove Creek Farm and Academy. He's renting a farm house and, until recently, he was living in a log cabin across the creek from the farmhouse. But he decided that it was too expensive for him. He also decided he would rather live in the small house next door to farm house. It didn't bother him at all to approach the landlord (Glenn Henson) of the small house and make a deal. It didn't bother either of them to displace the woman who had rented that small house for 7 years. This woman had to pack up what had been her home and find a place to move with her 3 dogs because of the greediness of the "Good Rabbi" and Glenn Hensopn. In case you aren't familiar with the cost of housing in Watauga County - it's an expensive place to live. Not very easy for a working class person to find a house that's affordable and allows dogs in a community full of 2nd home owners and retirees. Currently, this woman has all of her belongings in a storage unit and is renting 2 rooms from a kind farmer who took pity on yet another person who's life was completely disrupted by the greed and corruption of the "Good Rabbi" and Glenn Henson.

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Re: Any info on Project PATCH or Cove Creek?
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2009, 05:15:47 AM »
Bump

There is no need for Project Patch to fly under the radar.

They have level systems and timeout rooms where youth are placed for 24 hours until they break down.

We have been able to locate their ranch. Their webpage has the student manual up and there is a video on Myspace about them.

A datasheet will be up soon, but we have not been able to find any survivor groups. Could we get some help please?