Author Topic: RIP Steve Matthews!! 20 Years!  (Read 2094 times)

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
RIP Steve Matthews!! 20 Years!
« on: August 28, 2006, 04:48:28 AM »
Sorry I meant to post something here back in July but forgot, only posted on the Yahoo group, so this is a bit late.  My brother was in Straight Springfield from 83-85. Took his life July 3rd of 1986.  Just past the  20 year anniversary of his death. I heard about the memorial service, definitely plan on flying home for that. He deserves to be remembered properly as do all the others. Peace!  

Steve on the left, his best friend Cory on the right.

Edit:

I meant to add these. The one on the left he was in straight prob. what most of you remember him looking like, that's the last pic i ever took with him. i was about 14. And the one on the right was right after  he got out of military school as you can see he was already 3 times my size! LOL I kid about the military school that came just a littttle bit later. But damn what a cute picture eh? ::nod::  
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 05:11:39 AM by Guest »
RIP Steve Matthews and all those we have lost along the way!

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 11:46:18 AM »
All my respect.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: RIP Steve Matthews!! 20 Years!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 12:38:51 PM »
Quote from: ""webdiva""
Sorry I meant to post something here back in July but forgot, only posted on the Yahoo group, so this is a bit late.  My brother was in Straight Springfield from 83-85. Took his life July 3rd of 1986.  Just past the  20 year anniversary of his death. I heard about the memorial service, definitely plan on flying home for that. He deserves to be remembered properly as do all the others. Peace!  

Bump    -Steve Brown

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
i remember steve....
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 03:54:44 AM »
when i was seven stepped about maybe a yr and a half,me and 2 other seven stepper,Scott w. and Keven G took me with them to hang out with Steve......i'm not sure if he ran or if he was through.......from what i was told,he ran away 7 times!...is that some kind of record or what? No one can judge whether or not he liked it there,huh?....he hung out with us that night.....we went to a swing under 236 little river turnpike in annandale /fairfax area....{an "old druggie hang out"}.....where annandale and fairfax just about meet , at the bridge on the fairfax side,was an old ballfield and parking.....then under the bridge there was a really really awsome swing made of cable wire! we'd spend hours down there in the dark swinging from one side to the other at a very fast pace! it was a little scary at first but after you got a handle on it,it was cool!..after 7 step meetings,we'd meet in the parking lot,and i'd talk a bunch of them into going there.One time we took Steve,andthat,was my last time around steve........at least i know he had fun the night he was with me and the others!...does anyone else remember this or not? there were a bunch of 7 steppers that hung out down there with whoever.....7 stepped or not......there were a lot of 7 steppers in Virginia that were cool with ppl that didn't finish.......hippie

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 09:20:26 AM »

Edit:

I meant to add these. The one on the left he was in straight prob. what most of you remember him looking like, that's the last pic i ever took with him. i was about 14. And the one on the right was right after  he got out of military school as you can see he was already 3 times my size! LOL I kid about the military school that came just a littttle bit later. But damn what a cute picture eh? ::nod::  

I'M GLAD u r so succesful !     -S

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 06:46:50 PM »

Edit:

HEY, R U Goin 2 "Shin-dig on backlick 4 Steve ?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 07:19:18 PM »
8)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 05:10:22 PM »
Quote from: webdiva
Sorry I meant to post something here back in July but forgot, only posted on the Yahoo group,

i WILL B THE GUY N WHEEL- CHAIR @ THE "PROTEST" N SPRINGFIELD.

-S

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 06:26:45 PM »

Edit:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 12:53:07 AM »
yes i will be at the "shin dig" ehehe

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
oops
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2006, 12:54:03 AM »
yeah so iwill i , forgot to login.
RIP Steve Matthews and all those we have lost along the way!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: oops
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2006, 07:14:02 AM »
yeah so iwill i , forgot to login.
ME 2 8)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2006, 08:28:06 AM »