Author Topic: WWASPS Back in Court, Again  (Read 3670 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WWASPS Back in Court, Again
« on: August 26, 2006, 05:48:26 PM »
WWASPS is being sued again, this time by a family whose son was abused in their High Impact and Cross Creek programs.

Here is a link to a press release done by CAICA:
http://www.webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp?aId=19171

A link to the Complaint:
http://caica.org/Wood%20Complaint.pdf

And an article:
Prominent and Prestigious Turley Law Firm and Famed Attorney
Richard Henriksen File Lawsuit Against WWASPS
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The article ...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 05:49:50 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 06:04:38 PM »
Yeah?  Really?  Which non-WWASPS program did Sue refer him to next? :roll:

You guys act like you're doing something different or better than WWASPS.  You're not.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 06:25:54 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Yeah?  Really?  Which non-WWASPS program did Sue refer him to next? :roll:

You guys act like you're doing something different or better than WWASPS.  You're not.

I've never abused someone under my care or control.  I've never taken someone out of their home under cover of darkness.  I've never told a parent I could cure the kid who had problems,when I was totally unqualified to do so.  I've never lied to a parent about the education their kid would get, knowing they wouldn't get ANY that anyone would accept.  The list goes on and on.  Just how am I no better or no different than WWASPS?

Survivor of SCL

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 06:58:16 PM »
Let the kid sue, keep the parents out of it.

Ignorance is no excuse.  These parents were not held captive.  They could and should have followed up on their kids' care and treatment.

Sorry, but this is getting old.  Time for the parents to be held equally accountable for abandoning their child under the guise of "tough love".  You get what you pay for when you abdicate your responsibility to a "program" to raise your child.  That's abuse right there.

Let the kid sue.  He/She is the one who paid the real price.  The parents lost money.  The kid lost a part of their life they can never get back.  

Sue the parents as a co-conspirator.  That's what they are.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 08:44:50 PM »

Ignorance is no excuse.  These parents were not held captive.  They could and should have followed up on their kids' care and treatment.

Sorry, but this is getting old.  Time for the parents to be held equally accountable for abandoning their child under the guise of "tough love".  You get what you pay for when you abdicate your responsibility to a "program" to raise your child.  That's abuse right there.

Let the kid sue.  He/She is the one who paid the real price.  The parents lost money.  The kid lost a part of their life they can never get back.  

THANK YOU!  :nworthy: :nworthy: :nworthy:

Its about time someone made this about the actual victims here!

However, for legal reasons and the fact that until youre 18 you're your parents bitch, you cant be too pushy about that fact and let the parents get their attention to, unless you can show they were somehow negligent.  :roll:

Its not that Im "out to punish parents" but the people holding everyone else accountable for thier actions should be held accountable as well. Even if its un intentional, they should still apologize and still admit some guilt.

Now, the ones who are just trying to ditch the kids or who were rather apparently negligent should bet sent to some punitive prison thats set up JUST like a program for a few months to let them see how it is.

REMEMBER, CONSEQUENCES FOR YOUR ACTIONS!
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 01:05:58 AM »
Quote from: ""Nihilanthic""

THANK YOU!  :nworthy: :nworthy: :nworthy:

Its about time someone made this about the actual victims here!

However, for legal reasons and the fact that until youre 18 you're your parents bitch, you cant be too pushy about that fact and let the parents get their attention to, unless you can show they were somehow negligent.  :roll:

Its not that Im "out to punish parents" but the people holding everyone else accountable for thier actions should be held accountable as well. Even if its un intentional, they should still apologize and still admit some guilt.

Now, the ones who are just trying to ditch the kids or who were rather apparently negligent should bet sent to some punitive prison thats set up JUST like a program for a few months to let them see how it is.

REMEMBER, CONSEQUENCES FOR YOUR ACTIONS!

::rocker::

Consequences for your actions.  Yup, hard to argue with something all these parents paid big bucks to goons to forcibly shove down the throats of their own kids on daily (hell, make that hourly) basis.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2006, 07:29:26 AM »
I think that more parents should sue particularly if they were lied to about what the place had to offer their child. I dont think it is unresonable that they get their money back. i dont see that suing and taking responsibility for your part in the damage that the school did are mutually exclusive. Given that they are suing for the fact that their kid was at high impact which closed in 2001, it is resonable to think that they did not know the programme was abusive as there was not as much negative media.
For all we know the parents may have spent the kids college fund or a potion of it, found out what the school was really about and then removed the kid and are now trying to sue so that they can get their kids education back. This may be a real attempt to get something back for the kid. I don't think the parents can be judged so quickly without knowing the full story.
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Parents
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2006, 08:57:51 AM »
As a parent that was duped don't be so harsh to judge us.  We are willing to take the accountable and admit we were defrauded.  In reality our kids needed help and I know many of you will never undertsand that, but as a parent we do our best.  I was sent all that glossy BS, DVD etc. But after some time, my atennas went up and I got my son home.  Unfortunately, I had to find another place.  Not that it is your business, but he admits he needed intervention but not the kind WWASPS gave him.  I will be calling these law firms and I am very happy that the one that beat WWASPS already is included, that is a bonus.  I realize this site doesnt like CAICA and Sue but at they are productive.  Before you jump on me, I don't know either one of them, but have followed both the websites. So as a parent, I am sorry for my mistakes, and as an adult, I will do what I can to help others.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2006, 09:14:06 AM »
Fuck off, Sue.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2006, 10:55:48 AM »
Quote from: ""Pls help""
I think that more parents should sue particularly if they were lied to about what the place had to offer their child. I dont think it is unresonable that they get their money back. i dont see that suing and taking responsibility for your part in the damage that the school did are mutually exclusive. Given that they are suing for the fact that their kid was at high impact which closed in 2001, it is resonable to think that they did not know the programme was abusive as there was not as much negative media.
For all we know the parents may have spent the kids college fund or a potion of it, found out what the school was really about and then removed the kid and are now trying to sue so that they can get their kids education back. This may be a real attempt to get something back for the kid. I don't think the parents can be judged so quickly without knowing the full story.

Abandoing your kid under the guise of "tough love" is abuse in itself.  These parents obeyed a stupid "contract" not their duty and obligation as a parent.

Who sends their kid to Mexico or Jamaica and doesn't talk to their kid or see them for months?  WHO?

An abusive parent, that's who.  No other explanation.  

This is child abandonment.

Offline Dr. Miller Newton

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2006, 11:03:33 AM »
Abandoing your kid under the guise of "tough love" is abuse in itself.  These parents obeyed a stupid "contract" not their duty and obligation as a parent.

Who sends their kid to Mexico or Jamaica and doesn't talk to their kid or see them for months?  WHO?

An abusive parent, that's who.  No other explanation.  

This is child abandonment.

BULLSHIT! A family sometimes needs to undergo a period of separation from the druggie in order to break negative patterns of behavior -- the parents can often become what we in the profession refer to as "enablers" therefore the druggie must be extricated from that environment for a while. Although I would recommend SIBS over a WWASP program anyday (Who wants their druggie kid to have to get Straight by a bunch of ganja-smoking jamaicans, anyway??) I adhere to their basic philosophy of tough love.
Teenage Drug Use Is A Disease

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2006, 11:22:59 AM »
[I've never abused someone under my care or control.  I've never taken someone out of their home under cover of darkness.  I've never told a parent I could cure the kid who had problems,when I was totally unqualified to do so.  I've never lied to a parent about the education their kid would get, knowing they wouldn't get ANY that anyone would accept.  The list goes on and on.  Just how am I no better or no different than WWASPS?

Survivor of SCL

have you ever referred someone to a behavior mod. facility or TBS?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2006, 12:37:08 PM »
Quote from: ""Dr. Miller Newton""
BULLSHIT! A family sometimes needs to undergo a period of separation from the druggie in order to break negative patterns of behavior -- the parents can often become what we in the profession refer to as "enablers" therefore the druggie must be extricated from that environment for a while. Although I would recommend SIBS over a WWASP program anyday (Who wants their druggie kid to have to get Straight by a bunch of ganja-smoking jamaicans, anyway??) I adhere to their basic philosophy of tough love.

YOU are the one who is full of bullshit. You are a liar and a racist and you are not "in the profession" in any way, "Doctor" Miller Bullshit. You can take your philosophy of tough love, plus a couple bottles of sleeping pills and a fifth of vodka and go take a nice nap for all of us. Please.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2006, 03:23:50 PM »
You just responded to the official troll for this site. So you know. (There's a reason for his avatar.)