Author Topic: The Drug War  (Read 3956 times)

Offline teachback

• View Profile
The Drug War
« on: August 24, 2006, 08:29:26 AM »
Straight, Inc. and most of the places that are open today are drug war side-effects. As with any other business, it's about supply and demand. Take away the hysteria, and there's no more demand. So long as there's an imagined need to fight the so-called evils of drug addiction, the abusive treatment facilities will be there to cater to it. These creeps will find a way to make it happen, so long as they can. And the current drug policies make it all too easy for them.

Protesting Straight spinoffs won't accomplish much in the big picture. Not to say people shouldn't do it, it can be therapeutic to publically speak out against the program. But hey, there will still be people getting busted and sent up for long stretches for a joint, DARE police at your school telling kids to rat out their own parents, piss testing in the workplace, and kids getting sent to places offshore for behavior modification. None of this will end. So really, anything less than an effort to end criminalization for drug "offenses" is like putting a band aid on a gaping wound.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 09:38:41 AM by Guest »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
The Drug War
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 09:53:07 AM »
I couldn't agree more.  Don't get me wrong, I have a blast going to Miller's and fucking with him and Ruthie but it only serves my own personal needs.  Nothing will change with any of this until the drug war issue is addressed and addressed with some fucking common sense.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
Re: The Drug War
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 11:05:26 AM »
Quote from: ""Frank Discussion""

Does anyone really give a fuck? Or do you just like the attention you get for "helping the cause"?

point taken, but you just really got my goat.  I'm about as pissed off as I get right now.  How do you expect to end the war on drugs without speakin' out against it  ???

I was one of three people who went to the Ohio state house protest back in April, a bunch more people were supposed to go with us but they all bailed out at the last minute.  I don't know what their reasons were, but I suspect it may have had something to do with the balls required for such an endeavor.  I know that 2 of the 3 people(myself included), involved in that protest, who went on T.V. and were interviewed by the local CBS affilliate about the abuse at $tr8 inc. and KHK suffer from PTSD.  Let me tell you I didn't want that attention.  I didn't want to go on T.V.  I was extremely uncomfortable, but I went ahead and did it because there is a grave injustice being committed against children who have no way to defend themselves, and I know exactly how that is.  For days, even weeks, afterward I was extremely worried that I had made myself vulnerable to my enemies.

There is a personal satisfaction in it.  But that was not the main reason I participated in that event.  And I won't deny that it is cool to get e-mails and private messages from cute survivor chicks who admire the balls it takes to do something like that.

I know you're a smart guy Frank and I generally like your posts and it was fun to party and jam with you that one night in Ohio, but I'm dissapointed in this post of yours.  I really do give a fuck.

If you only knew the dream-fantasies I have in mind.

ever't'in cool bro.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline teachback

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 11:15:00 AM »
Quote from: ""starry-eyed pirate""

Does anyone really give a fuck? Or do you just like the attention you get for "helping the cause"?

point taken, but you just really got my goat.  I'm about as pissed off as I get right now.  How do you expect to end the war on drugs without speakin' out against it  ???

I was one of three people who went to the Ohio state house protest back in April, a bunch more people were supposed to go with us but they all bailed out at the last minute.  I don't know what their reasons were, but I suspect it may have had something to do with the balls required for such an endeavor.  I know that 2 of the 3 people(myself included), involved in that protest, who went on T.V. and were interviewed by the local CBS affilliate about the abuse at $tr8 inc. and KHK suffer from PTSD.  Let me tell you I didn't want that attention.  I didn't want to go on T.V.  I was extremely uncomfortable, but I went ahead and did it because there is a grave injustice being committed against children who have no way to defend themselves, and I know exactly how that is.  For days, even weeks, afterward I was extremely worried that I had made myself vulnerable to my enemies.

There is a personal satisfaction in it.  But that was not the main reason I participated in that event.  And I won't deny that it is cool to get e-mails and private messages from cute survivor chicks who admire the balls it takes to do something like that.

I know you're a smart guy Frank and I generally like your posts and it was fun to party and jam with you that one night in Ohio, but I'm dissapointed in this post of yours.  I really do give a fuck.

If you only knew the dream-fantasies I have in mind.

ever't'in cool bro.

Of course you would have to speak out and/or go about it in some way shape or form. I never said you shouldn't speak out about it. Tell me where the hell I said that?

Seems you conveniently left out THIS part of my quote: "Couldn't some of our time and effort be better spent?"

You've obviously missed my point entirely, and ~I am dissappointed in YOU.

My point was that perhaps the focus of the scope should shift a little... and perhaps the ammo could use a little replenishing..

Read my post again, fucker.. :rofl:

And get the fuck out of my way. ::armed::

::cheers::
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 11:20:45 AM by Guest »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
The Drug War
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 11:16:34 AM »
I do what I can for "the cause" but that doesn't really include protests anymore.  I'm glad I did the ones I did and I'm not saying I wouldn't do another but I think it would have to be along the lines of an overall drug policy kind of thing.

I do what I can in my own way.  I talk to friends and collegues about it when the subject of politics comes up, not so much Straight but the drug war itself.  I talk to parents here and through PM or email about more specific issues related to programs and schools.  What I really love doing is talking to some of my adopted kids (daughter's friends) who are out of state in college.  These kids are sharp as hell and their understanding of this things is what's ultimately going to make a difference.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 11:42:05 AM »

Read my post again, fucker..

...O.k. I will...
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline teachback

• View Profile
The Drug War
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 11:43:37 AM »
Thanks. :tup: cool..

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 12:08:00 PM »

Couldn't some of our time and effort be better spent?

Some of our time could be better spent, but not much of it.  Besides the time I spend with my daughter I don't really think I could spend my time any better.

Well, maybe we are having a semantics problem.  To me anyone who speaks out against $tr8 and any of the other brainwash-cult programs is a protester.  Speaking out = protest, whatever the form; written words, paintings, music, talking to strangers on the street, carryin signs in front of KHK, public speaking engagements, etc.  It's all protest.  Protesting an injustuce.  Your post just sounds defeatist to me.  I think all the protesting and speakin' out that people have done in the past has helped, but it's obvious that we need to take it to a higher level.  I have an idea, but you will have to talk to me...somewhere, sometime.  I know you like to cause trouble, so do I.    :wink: ... ::bandit::
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 11:27:21 PM by Guest »

Offline teachback

• View Profile
The Drug War
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 12:12:04 PM »
Not defeatist at all; quite the contrary... I don't want to turn off the TV, I just wanna channel surf.. Sounds good. ;)

• View Profile
The Drug War
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2006, 12:26:52 PM »
Not defeatist at all; quite the contrary... I don't want to turn off the TV, I just wanna channel surf.. Sounds good. ;)

Well it aint gonna ever change unless people have the courage to protest and speak out in whatever form they choose.  Sorry if I read you the wrong way.  I am just fuckin' worked up.  Just finished reading "Help At Any Cost" in the wee hours of the morning.  I got a hair trigger right now and my finger is itchy.  

Not sure what you mean by not wantin' to turn off the t.v. and just channel surf.  Could you clarify please ??

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Drug War
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 12:30:06 PM »
Sure...gimme a few minutes... brb..FD

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Drug War
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 12:38:47 PM »
Losing sense of time...fucking phones ringin' and shit...

Offline teachback

• View Profile
buds
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2006, 12:43:41 PM »
In a nutshell, that surfing analogy was intended to depict a proposed shift of focus from what is the status quo to maybe protesting, legislating {or what-have-you} the drug laws that inevitably spawn the pseudo psycho-therapeutic greed-based mind control programs...

To nip it in the bud so to speak...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 12:56:57 PM by Guest »

• View Profile
Re: buds
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2006, 12:55:23 PM »
In a nutshell, that surfing analogy was intended to depict a proposed shift of focus from the status quo to maybe protesting, legislating {or what-have-you} the drug laws that inevitably spurn the pseudo psycho-therapeutic greed-based mind control programs...

To nip it in the bud so to speak...

Ohhhh!!...okay.  You're saying we should be protesting the laws and government policies that generate(I think you meant spawn, not spurn, right ??) these fucked up, unjust, oppressive brainwash-mind control cults.

Well I'm all for that, but I believe in fighting on several fronts at once.  I'm with ya.

Offline teachback

• View Profile
The Drug War
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2006, 12:56:42 PM »
Yep....spawn; I'll change it.