Author Topic: Character First: The Hyde School Way and Why It Works  (Read 12767 times)

Offline MisfitParent

• View Profile
Character First: The Hyde School Way and Why It Works
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2006, 09:43:57 PM »
Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""
This one gives a good insight into the mentality that is likely to come out of Hyde.  I'm assuming he's considered a "success".  He responded to someone's complaints about Hyde.

..... Stop ur bitching. Nothing makes someone worse unless that person just had it coming for them, so aparently you were fucked up enough to go to the school, and seeing for the fact you got kicked out doesnt say much on your half either..... No one "learns" to smoke pot at a boarding school. People learn to smoke pot because they have nothing better to do with themselves so think before you speak girl.

Bonney,
  This post disappoints me. You say you want to be civil and adult and discuss the issues and that you would like to seriously know more about Hyde. But then you flagrantly disparage Hyde for no apparent reason by saying "this is the mentality that is likely to come out of Hyde". How can you inspire confidence in someone to take the time and enrergy to explain Hyde when your open-mindedness and willingness to listen/learn is suspect? Sorry, but that's what I'm seeing here...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2006, 10:51:45 PM »
Fine, continue with the 'attack the messenger' tactic.  Statement stands.  Do you see nothing wrong with that mentality?  These kids "had what what was coming to them"??

Trash talk me all you want.  As long as you contribute to the discussion.  Oh, wait.  You really haven't.  All you've done is attack me and my alleged "agenda".

Let me know when you're ready to have an adult discussion.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2006, 10:52:32 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Fine, continue with the 'attack the messenger' tactic.  Statement stands.  Do you see nothing wrong with that mentality?  These kids "had what what was coming to them"??

Trash talk me all you want.  As long as you contribute to the discussion.  Oh, wait.  You really haven't.  All you've done is attack me and my alleged "agenda".

Let me know when you're ready to have an adult discussion.

:wave:   Me, sorry.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2006, 11:05:31 PM »
Kids don't deserve no goddamn rights, cuz they ain't no better than a bunch of fuckin NIGGERS! If mine ever try to "assert their rights" I'm gonna drag 'em out to the woodshed and tear up their uppity little asses.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2006, 09:59:57 AM »
Quote from: ""Goober""
Kids don't deserve no goddamn rights, cuz they ain't no better than a bunch of fuckin NIGGERS! If mine ever try to "assert their rights" I'm gonna drag 'em out to the woodshed and tear up their uppity little asses.

:tup: You're goddamn right!!!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2006, 10:51:52 AM »
Aherlk.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2006, 01:19:55 PM »
Getting a little off-subject here...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2006, 08:33:08 PM »
[/quote] Don't mean to bash you, but if indeed you went to Hyde and if
indeed you went to college, you invaribly would know that Hyde's education is practically non existent.  I excel in college now, but it was made much harder because I did not have a good foundation at Hyde..[/quote]

I went to Hyde, did fine in college and went to grad school. It's what you make of it...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2006, 08:38:07 PM »

I went to Hyde, did fine in college and went to grad school. It's what you make of it...

It's not advertised as that now is it?  It's advertised as a therapeutic prep school supposedly to help kids that aren't doing well in school to begin with.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2006, 08:40:13 AM »

It's not advertised as that now is it?  It's advertised as a therapeutic prep school supposedly to help kids that aren't doing well in school to begin with.

The only ads I've seen are for it as a school focusing on character and family education, not a therapeutic environment. Where did you see these ads you refer to advertising it as therapeutic?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2006, 11:41:01 AM »
Semantics.  Their advertisements talk of 'college prep' and 'character education'.  Sounds like they're being provided with neither.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2006, 06:58:44 AM »
Semantics.  Their advertisements talk of 'college prep' and 'character education'.  Sounds like they're being provided with neither.

Meaning is important when using words.  The word "sematics" is used commonly by the unwashed to dismiss gradation of meaning, but those of us schooled in the formal use of language know those differences are key.  I hope that was plain enough for you.  Look it up.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/semantics

I am sorry but I went to a secondary school with an enphisis on charater education not a private lockup or a mental hospital.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2006, 09:58:15 AM »

I think you might be intellectually challenged. (which semantically means fucked up in the head)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2006, 10:38:06 AM »

I think you might be intellectually challenged. (which semantically means fucked up in the head)

MMMM a nice tasty little ad hominim attact.   Sign of a weak arument , weak mind or both.  Thanks for that little bit of validation

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2006, 11:48:07 AM »

attact, arument  Thank YOU for the validation