Author Topic: Be a parent and back the fuck off.  (Read 3683 times)

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Be a parent and back the fuck off.
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2006, 03:43:42 AM »
Iam possibly going to be a lone dissenter here, but I can see the reasoning for bubble wrapping kids, if mandatory sentencing for god knows how long is what kids face as penance for their youthful indisgresions. (see the straight discussion on cops against prohibition)

I agree in principal with Anne bonney that some kids just take the teenage thing pretty far but eventually grow out of it & make their own way in the world in good time. But if they genuinely are at risk of a harsh jail sentence, parents cant be blamed for being scared. How is a parent reasonably supposed to balance out the fact that kids will be kids with the fact that the legal system can seriously fuck things up for them and make their future pretty bloddy bleak?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline dbucfan

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2006, 03:11:55 PM »
Quote from: ""Pls help""
Iam possibly going to be a lone dissenter here, but I can see the reasoning for bubble wrapping kids, if mandatory sentencing for god knows how long is what kids face as penance for their youthful indisgresions. (see the straight discussion on cops against prohibition)

I agree in principal with Anne bonney that some kids just take the teenage thing pretty far but eventually grow out of it & make their own way in the world in good time. But if they genuinely are at risk of a harsh jail sentence, parents cant be blamed for being scared. How is a parent reasonably supposed to balance out the fact that kids will be kids with the fact that the legal system can seriously fuck things up for them and make their future pretty bloddy bleak?
Go with your gut...trust yourself...im not gonna give my kids too many opportunities to ask the local weirdo for a cig and some beer.
ww.perrysjewelry.com

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2006, 05:48:58 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""Milk Gargling Death Penal""
The only time I ever get really pissed off is when some of them start asking me for tobacco and alcohol. Uh, no. Do not fucking ask me for that shit. What the fuck do those guys want to be addicted to nicotine for anyway? I mean if they were asking me for some pot or something I could just laugh it off (no, I don't do weed either), but they seriously think I'm going to go over to the local convenience store and buy them stuff like that. Take two "hell no"s and call me in the morning.

Of course I'd still rather gunlunch than see any of them get sent to some shitpit.
Ahh...the awesome, great, well parented unsupervised kids asking a stranger for booze and butts and this is how you think children should be raised??? unsupervised??? You are a fucking moron!

BTW Im dbucfan...too lazy to log in because my parents over-parented me! :rofl:

:rofl:  :rofl: Gotta love this one!!!

Offline dbucfan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2006, 08:56:56 PM »
:lol:
Fuck you :lol:  :oops:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 12:00:14 AM by Guest »
ww.perrysjewelry.com

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2006, 09:28:45 PM »
Still there, on page two.

'tard. :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2006, 02:03:09 AM »
Quote from: ""dbucfan""

Stupid asshole came here SCREAMING about how his post was deleted.

Still there, on page two. :roll:

'tard. :roll:  :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2006, 04:26:04 PM »
once again...fuck off you perfect person who never makes a mistake. :D

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2006, 04:27:34 PM »
Quote from: ""dbucfan""

Stupid asshole came here SCREAMING about how his post was deleted.

Still there, on page two. :roll:

'tard. :roll:  :roll:

No i didnt...what are you talking about?? :rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2006, 04:49:34 PM »
uh huh!!!  did too did too!!  I saw it!

:P  :rofl:

Offline dbucfan

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2006, 10:22:27 PM »
uh huh!!!  did too did too!!  I saw it!

:P  :rofl:
ww.perrysjewelry.com

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2006, 09:36:45 PM »
Letting a thirteen year old borrow my new grind-plate Heelys and then promptly get shown up horribly by him (he's a skateboarder, which means he knows how to grind.. I don't, yet), and promptly receving a sprained ankle attempting to grind a slippery rail.. funny, but not of interest.

What was of interest was the father bringing his two children to the park, one in infancy and the other approximately two and a half years old- not even able to talk yet- and moving around on a razor scooter.

Oh yes, the skate park was, in fact, full of moving human beings roughly two and a half times his height and eight times his weight. Not one of them came particularly close to colliding with him. (Ist verboten. Not even the biggest asshole in the place would physically interfere with that kid. Even with the father not looking.) For his part, the kid was rapidly learning to understand where the big people were going, wise beyond his years.

A few of the locals even shook hands with him, and he sat down on the long curb next to them. Surreality: A three year old and a seven year old (one of the locals, actually), sitting with a pack of teenagers. The trolls probably think I'm making this up. I'm not.

The father only intervened twice, both times to place him on top of the long incline, move his feet into a balanced position, and hold him while moving him down it at relatively high speed. The kid attempted speed a few times, falling on his ass only twice, and occasionally dramatically succeeding for someone his age.

This is the opposite of coddling. That kid is going to rule that place in ten years. Which is probably the father's intent.

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2006, 09:59:37 PM »
"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for anyone who sticks his nose out of doors. As for me, the length of my life and day of my death were fated long ago." - Old Norse saying

As for the Guest who believes the world has changed and is more dangerous and we should never let our kids out of our sight, I have some advice. Turn off Fox News and go outside and play. You will see the real world is still a place where kids play just like MGDP says they do. I see it everyday. I have an active 9-yr-old son. If you continue to watch Fox News, you only become more and more paranoid. The news is not real life.

Teach your kids to be aware and cautious. My type A kid is more streetwise than many of his peers and more informed about some things than over protective parents are comfortable with, but I believe he is safer for it.

Offline dbucfan

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2012, 01:00:41 AM »
Quote from: ""AtomicAnt""
"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for anyone who sticks his nose out of doors. As for me, the length of my life and day of my death were fated long ago." - Old Norse saying

As for the Guest who believes the world has changed and is more dangerous and we should never let our kids out of our sight, I have some advice. Turn off Fox News and go outside and play. You will see the real world is still a place where kids play just like MGDP says they do. I see it everyday. I have an active 9-yr-old son. If you continue to watch Fox News, you only become more and more paranoid. The news is not real life.

Teach your kids to be aware and cautious. My type A kid is more streetwise than many of his peers and more informed about some things than over protective parents are comfortable with, but I believe he is safer for it.

You are more like little johnny's friend, gotcha...hey if that works for you... :rofl:
ww.perrysjewelry.com