Author Topic: Another visit, anybody know me, say hello! Wash DC 84-86  (Read 11676 times)

Offline ScottBowers

• View Profile
Another visit, anybody know me, say hello! Wash DC 84-86
« on: January 27, 2003, 06:20:00 PM »
Was just surfacing to say hello to anyone who knows me from springfield 84-86. I started having nightmares a few years ago when I quit drinking, I had them before, but not about straight, not like these.

I spoke to a group of people last weekend, and told my story, kinda weird! They asked me how in the hell straight got away with all the BS. I told them the best I could. The great thing was that it was the first time I was able to remember events in order, and really remember things that I had long forgotten.

I remembered how my confrontation skills allowed me to advance quickly, only to be set back for doing the same things I was taught by oldcomers and staff. Make you into a monster, then set you back for it! Excellent commie tactics!

BTW, I have found out about Scott Prophett, Paula's brother, along with Mike Nolen, and Paul Tudor. I'm not sure if I have the story correct about Paul, anyone with info, please e-mail me. I heard very bad things.

I do not have permission to post about these guys, but you can contact me and I'll tell you about them if you know or knew them.

I'm doing good, no complaints, I've seen darker days!

[ This Message was edited by: ScottBowers on 2003-01-27 15:21 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
f you could only see what my eyes have seen.

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2003, 07:26:00 PM »
Hello Scott, I 7th stepped in Springfield, April of 84. I may have seen you then. Memory aint my best subject, but I do think I remember you. I am curious about Scott, he did some spelunking with some current reaquaintances and I have often wondered what is up. I heard he moved away from Virginia. My email address is:  [email protected] Any updates would be greatly appreciated. I have a list of straight inc decedents, keeps growing, unfortunate but true. Hope you stick around! MG8   :smokin:

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2003, 11:11:00 PM »
Hey Scott! I was in there when you were. I remember your name, and I'd probably remember you if I saw you in person. Good to see a new/old face for a change. I must have been on 5th when you came in, but I didn't graduate till much later (1/85) story of my frikkin' life! Why the hell did they keep me on 5th so damn long? I ended up copping out from 5th after a disheartening attempt at withdrawal - talk to you later - Alex L.

Offline infanalyst

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2003, 12:06:00 AM »
Aloha,
I remember you Scott. If I'm not mistaken you were on 5th phase and were out shortly after my arrival. I also remember another Scott B. (Boyer). He was around during much of my phases. I remember reading the name Scott Prophett, and thinking "that name sounds familiar too", and then I remembered it was Paula who I really remember the most. She, I think had just made Executive Staff before my departure. I hope all is well for all of you now, and if you'd like to chat more please e-mail me.
Aloha!
Brent Lewis
American "War on Drugs" P.O.W.
5/17/86-12/2/87
Straight - DC (Springfield)

Offline ScottBowers

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2003, 07:11:00 PM »
I searched for some straight members for years. I had intentions on paying a few back for some instances. Scott Prophett is exempt now. Last I knew he was in Georgia working for a tree service supply manufacturer, after falling out of a tree while working and permanently injuring his back.
 Ted Leo and Eric Roberts, stay the fuck away from me, for eternity! I also do not expect any forgiveness towards me from certain individuals.

Offline ScottBowers

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2003, 07:16:00 PM »
Alex, were you the one who played in a punk rock band? That's the only alex L. I thought of right away! If so, me and Heath Cook tried to contact you after seeing you in a magazine.

Offline ScottBowers

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2003, 07:22:00 PM »
anyone know where Dan Peck, Heath Cook, or Dave Hubbard are today? Can anyone tell me who Lisa D. was? I went through staff training with a Lisa D. I was hoping it was not her who died in 2000.
 BTW, I talked to Kyle Landry, who still thought the bullshit he did on staff to people was funny! I almost kicked his scrawny ass, but  I was behaving that night trying to entertain a lady friend.
 E-mail me at [email protected]

Offline ScottBowers

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2003, 07:27:00 PM »
Mike Sabota has his own jet! I heard Dean Mistretta married todd Phillips, or they live together as lovers, or something to that extent. anybody know? can anyone help me find Dean today? I'm really hoping to find him some day.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2003, 07:35:00 PM »
" Alex, were you the one who played in a punk rock band? That's the only alex L. I thought of right away! If so, me and Heath Cook tried to contact you after seeing you in a magazine."

Yeah, That was me. I was into punk music before I went in, and I joined back (as guitarist) with my friends who had formed Reptile House in my absence...I wonder what mag you saw me in? You had sorta black, curly hair, right?

Offline ScottBowers

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2003, 01:27:00 AM »
No, but we were at someones house one day as oldcomers and you taught me a Judas Priest song on guitar, it was Green Manalishi! (and I can even still play it!)I had straight dark brown hair, and it was short. (that was meant to be funny)

I remember how Dean Mistretta used to give you sooooo much shit due to his own personal dislike of punk music. I always pictured a bunch of skinheads kicking the shit out of his punk ass!

Do you remember two asian kids, brother and sister, who went through the program? Heath Cook was dating the girl, and her brother showed us your picture one morning. Heath was seriously cool towards me when we met after straight. I have not seen him since that time, I wish I could talk to him or find him, he was a good friend. He talked to Steve Mathews right before Steve's death.

[ This Message was edited by: ScottBowers on 2003-01-28 22:34 ]

[ This Message was edited by: ScottBowers on 2003-01-28 22:35 ]

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2003, 12:06:00 PM »
The two asian kids were Inja & Silva (?) Lin. I didn't realize that Silva was actually IN the program. I thought that she was a 'sibling.' Inja & I hung out a lot after I 7-stepped. We both liked p-rock. (Mike Salvini had developed an interest in it too...) I remember that Inja's sister was way into Alice Cooper. Yeah, I remember Heath, too. I was an oldcomer in his home an one point. (His step-mom was smokin'! She was YOUNG!) So I helped teach you that Priest tune, eh? Who else was there? I don't remember Dean giving me shit about punk music, but I don't doubt it! Pray, do tell...

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2003, 12:17:00 PM »
:smokin:

Offline infanalyst

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2003, 05:33:00 PM »
Aloha MG8,

I was curious, is there a link to the information you are compiling? I too was in the Springfield Straight, and have often wondered about the fate of many of my fellow ex-comrades. Any info you have will be appreciated greatly.

Mahalo,

:smokin:

[ This Message was edited by: infanalyst on 2003-01-29 14:34 ]
Brent Lewis
American "War on Drugs" P.O.W.
5/17/86-12/2/87

Offline ScottBowers

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2003, 07:14:00 PM »
I would like to know where I can see the memorial for the victims, I need to know about a few people.
 BTW, anyone know who Lisa D. was that died in 2000? I was friends with a Lisa D. I just wanted to know, been kinda upset about the fact that it could be her. The girl I'm thinking of is Lisa Ducebella. Anyone know if it was or was not her, I'd really like to know for peace of mind please.

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2003, 11:19:00 PM »
Hi Scott, just email me for directions, we are in MIDLAND VA. (1 hour from the Beltway towards Warrenton) just so the whole world can know where in VA this memorial is. I know that there are bits and peices coming in about people all the time, so it is an ongoing task keeping up with the names. Well, let me know when you want to visit. Thank you.  MG8   :smokin:

Some non-suicides:

Todd McCoy
Bill Burns

Suicides from Springfield to date:

Steve Matthews
Kristen Stottlemeyer
Chris Weiss
Kevin Yriondo
Paul Riffle
Duane Rholfs
Chris Kelly
Matthew Hunter