Author Topic: buyer beware  (Read 1790 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
buyer beware
« on: July 24, 2006, 11:53:46 PM »
"3. Consent to Treatment:

Program Participant and/or Client hereby represents to kids helping kids, a pathway family center that Client has an indicated condition of drug abuse and/or dependency on mood altering drugs and that admission to the kids helping kids, a pathway family center program is appropriate and desirable. The Rules contain a detailed and comprehensive description and explanation of the kids helping kids, a pathway family center program and it's policies and procedures. Program Participant and/or client hereby acknowledge that he/she read and understands the principles, rules, procedures, and obligations of the kids helping kids, a pathway family center program and further, that the levels, rules and basic therapeutic practices of the kids helping kids, a pathway family center program have been explained to said Program Participant and/or Client and Program Participant and/or Client hereby acknowledge that such program treatments and procedures will be performed by program counselors, staff physicians, and Program Participant and/or Client hereby acknowledges, and understands the extent of participation in such program by the aforementioned person. Program Participant and/or Client is aware that treatment for dependency or mood altering drugs is not an exact science and the undersigned acknowledges that no guarantee of cure of such condition have been made by kids helping kids, a pathway family center or by any employee, staff members, agents, officers or volunteers with respect thereto. The undersigned hereby certifies that as such Program Participant and/or Client, the undersigned, has read and understands this consent to treatment. In the event Client is "Court-Ordered" into the kids helping kids, a pathway family center program under a court referral system, Program Participant and/or Client also gives his/her consent to so participate in the program and acknowledges and agrees to abide by the Program structure rules and therapeutic practices as outlined in the rules."

-------------------------------------------------------
"6. Confidentiality:

The parties to this agreement acknowledge that the regulations promulgated under Federal laws, and as well as the laws of the State of Ohio, protect the interests of the Client as a citizen, particularly with regard to protecting such client's right or privacy or engagement in a drug or alcohol treatment program. Such Federal and State laws provide severe penalties for violation. kids helping kids, a pathway family center agrees that it will comply with all requirements of Federal and State law with regard to confidential disclosure of the identity, participation, and treatment of such Client and will only release information in accordance with the provisions of the aforementioned Federal and State laws."

And ONE more for good measure...

"treatment fees are incurred according to Client's level:

STANDARD FEES

Level 1 $325.00 per day (5 days per week)

Level 2 $325.00 per day (5 days per week)

Level 3 $325.00 per day (5 days per week)

Level 4 $225.00 per day (4 days per week)

Level 5 $225.00 per day (4 days per week)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
buyer beware
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 06:12:24 PM »
from the comment section of www.cincinnatibeacon.com

Fees at KHK are now an average of $66,000 per program stay. How is $66,000 spent? I mean, the kids come inside the cage in the AM, sit in chairs all day in the warehouse, then leave the cage, go to a stranger?s home at night, then back to the cage and warehouse the next AM. Then, on Sunday, the kids are stuck inside the stranger?s home ALL day. So, please, how is this kind of treatment worth anywhere near $66,000? It breaks down like this:

Phase 1,2 and 3- $325/day for 5 days a week.

Phase 4 and 5- $225/day for 5 days a week.

Then tack on the $50/hr charge for time spent driving clients to and from doctor?s appointments, etc?

So anyway, there you have it, ABUSE FOR PROFIT!

RW

By Royal Water on 07/27/2006
In the article 'The Debate Rages: Kids Helping Kids '.

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
buyer beware
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 11:09:47 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
from the comment section of www.cincinnatibeacon.com

Fees at KHK are now an average of $66,000 per program stay. How is $66,000 spent? I mean, the kids come inside the cage in the AM, sit in chairs all day in the warehouse, then leave the cage, go to a stranger?s home at night, then back to the cage and warehouse the next AM. Then, on Sunday, the kids are stuck inside the stranger?s home ALL day. So, please, how is this kind of treatment worth anywhere near $66,000? It breaks down like this:

Phase 1,2 and 3- $325/day for 5 days a week.

Phase 4 and 5- $225/day for 5 days a week.

Then tack on the $50/hr charge for time spent driving clients to and from doctor?s appointments, etc?

So anyway, there you have it, ABUSE FOR PROFIT!

RW

By Royal Water on 07/27/2006
In the article 'The Debate Rages: Kids Helping Kids '.

Hey now! What happened to "Hugs not Drugs"?   How many "hugs" does an average of $66K buy?

Well, we're making progress... only rich kids are druggies now!
uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
buyer beware
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 11:00:35 AM »
Whatever you do, don't complain... from a blog somewhere in cyberspace

------------------------------------------------

:( Not happy with the way things are going there at 6070 Branch Hill Guinea Pike in Milford? Well, technically speaking all hope is not lost. Practically speaking though, it may very well be. Sad but true. The best way to keep from having a problem at KHK is to NOT go there! But, should you become unfortunate enough to land inside an intake room, at least they "claim" you can complain by the following guidelines. Hint... COC's are BS and rarely go all the way up to the top, besides, PFC/KHK can't have ANYONE complaining during the drug-free robot building stage! If by some chance you slip by and actually get to call the authorities, there's still no guarantee you'll stay out. Typically when parents succumb to the KHK 'sirens', they become very stubborn, snobbish, and one-track-minded. If you don't cooperate with them, you may end up being outcast from your family. This is a great example of a catch-22 of a most devious nature.

KIDS HELPING KIDS GRIEVANCE PROCEDURE

If you believe you have been treated unfairly and/or your rights violated and you have a complaint with someone or something in the program, you can file a grievance. You must put that grievance in writing, sign your name and date it. In the grievance you must put the date, time, description, and names of individuals involved in the incident/situation that has upset you.

If you need help writing the grievance ask you primary counselor to help you. If your primary counselor is part of the problem you may ask another peer counselor for help. After the grievance has been written, turn it in to your peer counselor and he or she will pass it along to your case manager.

Within five days your case manager will meet with you to talk about the problem and come to a settlement of your grievance.

If no resolution is reached, a meeting will be held with your case manager, parents, and yourself to resolve your grievance.

If after the meeting, you are still upset or no resolution has been reached, the case manager will refer your grievance to the Executive Director of the program who will make a resolution decision within 21 calendar days of the date of your grievance.

You have the option of filing or pursuing your grievance with:

Clermont County Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Board

Ohio Alcohol and Drug Addiction Services Board

Ohio Legal Rights Services

US Department of Health and Human Services, Civil Rights Regional Office in Chicago

Posted by MetalGod on 30 Jul 07 Monday at 9:18 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
buyer beware
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 11:59:21 AM »
yup, those grievance procedures were posted above the water fountain.  I read them all the time for two reasons:  I wanted to get the fuck out of there,  and two, it was one of the only things I was allowed to read, and I really missed being able to read.  They were bullshit though, and we all knew it.  My oldcomer told me (and in turn when I was an oldcomer I told my newcomers, the cycle continues) that it was pointless to file one, staff has to approve them.  So if the staff member that I have a grievance with decides if they should call the police on themselves.  Something is wrong here...  

There is no way that the program incurs enough expenses to make those rates reasonable!  The building was rarely heated/cooled, the food was absolutely disgusting (does anyone remember lou anne??  She made all of the food, someone told me she came w. the building, so maybe she was there for Straight people too)  and not very costly.  Electricity might have been high because that building has no windows.  Program parents always complained how expensive we were to take home.  I can think of a million other things that I would like to spend $325 on a day.  That is bullshit.  

I also like the consent to treatment.... God that place is so fucked up when it's broken down.  Like an onion, peeling away the layers