Author Topic: The process...  (Read 836 times)

Offline John Olsakovsky

• View Profile
The process...
« on: January 25, 2003, 11:55:00 AM »
Being an adult while I was in Kids, I made several attempts to 'sign out'. What a lousy term. That's liek checking out a book from the library or a piece of equipment at work. Whatever.

I was perusing the procedural documents that are there....

I tried to sign out in El Paso a couple times, even to the point of the family conference that it dictates. I'm sure some of you remember me doing so.

I made attempts when I was in NJ, as well. That's a scary proposition considering I had no I.D., no money, no clothes, no idea where I was...
But even so, I never saw this process happen whatsoever. The request went via 'C.O.C.' onto a little notepad and then got taken into some mysterious maze of backrooms that I, the unprivileged newcomer don't deserve to see.
A year and a half and I'm still fucking 'new'. Somethings wrong there.
But does anyone know why it didn't happen in NJ? Did the rules change? The one-on-one's never happened in NJ, but they did in EP.
Perhaps it's because the family conference couldn't be had, since my mom could only trek up to NJ at certain times.
Something I've always wondered, but never had answered. In NJ, I never felt like I meshed. It was completely different there. THe attitudes, the lingo, the paranoia. 'Cop' was unacceptable in El Paso, but in NJ, it was OK. 'Ditching' was OK in El Paso, but druggie slang in NJ.
Funny how I would always manage to muster up some will to 'comply' when I was in NJ right around semester breaks when I'd have a chance to actually talk to my mom. Coincidence? I think not.
Something I've always wondered, but never had answered.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
PFFFFFT!\"
   - Bill the Cat