Author Topic: IN LOVING MEMORY OF KERRY LAYNE BROWN  (Read 1784 times)

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
IN LOVING MEMORY OF KERRY LAYNE BROWN
« on: July 20, 2006, 01:13:19 AM »
Did you all know that this was the guy on that French Documentary? OMG, I can't believe this guy just killed himself 6/6/06!!!! How sad :-(. I didn't hear anything about this till tonight.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 02:05:22 PM »
No one said this young man "killed himself."  It has been reported he had a heart condition.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 02:09:31 PM »
I think it was obvious his soul had been killed at TB, from that footage.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 02:40:25 PM »
There is no reason to think this was suicide.
He had been ill.

And maybe someone should point ouit this isn't Steven - the boy who was so extensivly interviewed.

Layne gave a long interview, but it wasn't included in the footage most of us have seen.

And once more - no his soul wasn't killed. Yes he suffered horribly at TB - but he was very much alive. I know you don't mean any offence. I know you intend to show concern for how he was treated. But really, the fact is, such comments are a bit offensive. At least for some of us. Layne was in every sence of the word, a survivor.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 03:02:56 PM »
Well, from the article I read it sounded like he killed himself? I know he wasn't Steven. Kerry was the heavier kid who didn't say much, but they interviewed his Mother. They filmed him walking away from his Mom's place. He looked so broken, and lost in the film. Still, I am sorry for his loss......I hope he is in a better place now.
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 04:08:24 PM »
Who is Steven?  Was he the kid whose parents kept him in WWASPS programs for 4-5 years?

What's their excuse?  They lived in a world where they had no access to television?  Newspapers?  Radio?  This isn't brainwashing.  It's something else which out of respect for the kids who really had/have no control over their parents incompetence and are trying to mend fences now that they are out, I won't say what it is.

Offline 001010

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 04:36:49 PM »
What a gossip driven thread. His death is none of anyone's business unless it is made public by the family. I know his mother, and if I were her and saw this thread I would be devastated and outraged.

Have some respect.
[size=79]EST (Landmark/Lifespring/Discovery) \'83
Salesmanship Club \'84-\'86
Straight, Inc. \'86-\'88[/size]

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 06:25:21 PM »
Quote from: ""001010""
What a gossip driven thread. His death is none of anyone's business unless it is made public by the family. I know his mother, and if I were her and saw this thread I would be devastated and outraged.

Have some respect.

lol.......... 001010 get those hormones under control girl! His mother was the one speaking in the article I read. Ummm..........if he, and his family were participants of the French Documentary, I doubt they mind if we, or I brought it up! Like, I said if I misinterpreted the article that was my bad, but I don't think anyone here is making light of anything, or having nothing but sympathy for Kerry's Mother.

What respect are we lacking? I am confused?

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 09:11:18 PM »
What article did you read CCM?
If it seems to suggest it was a suicide, then it is error. I wonder if it is the article that speaks of the boy Carter, who did in fact commit suicide on that day - or the day after  - I have read conflicting accounts. Both boys were mentioned in the recent TB article.

I don't think you've been disrespectful - and mistakes can be straightened out. It is always so tragic when something like this happens - and to loose two boys from TB so close together was a hard blow for a lot of people. It is natural to want to talk about it with others who will sympathize.

I am just upset when I read the commments like: he was a shell of a person (in another thread) dead inside and so on - because I knew Layne - and this is not true at all. He was a very good natured kid, with a good sense of humor, and plans for his life.  People are making these statements based on a few seconds of video tape - which showed nothing of what he had to say.

Please think a bit before you type - that's all.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 12:03:23 AM »
Well, unforunately that's all I had to go by. I never met him in person, or spoke to him on the phone. I'm not here to judge him. I know what those places are all about (WWASPS).  Tranquility Bay needs to be shut down. Nothing that anyone could say to me, no matter how high up in the organization could convince me that anything good comes out of that place.

I am just going to leave it at that.