Author Topic: Thankyou tech. team  (Read 2249 times)

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
Thankyou tech. team
« on: July 14, 2006, 12:06:54 PM »
...for all your good work.  I kinda miss the familliarty I had with the old board though.  Like I had just finally figured out where everything was and how to work it, well, except for the multiple quotes in one post, never did quite get that...  :(  :lol:

I have been one of the people clamoring for some way to eliminate the spam.  I appreciate your efforts, Eudora, GregFL and Tech Jockey.  Thankyou for doin'what needed done.  

I'm sure I'll adjust, one way or another, to this new format over time.

Keep up the good work!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Thankyou tech. team
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 12:55:48 PM »
Seconded!!  Thanks guys.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Thankyou tech. team
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 01:12:56 PM »
And to you also. You guys really make this thing work, ya know. I'm hearing from all kinds of people about all kinds of good things that have come to them from hanging out here. It's nice to hear, as we always hear about the trouble and strife.

:nworthy:
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Thankyou tech. team
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 06:09:20 PM »
There's something else going on...

Aardvark in England can't view or post and the Guardster proxy also won't work for viewing or posting.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Thankyou tech. team
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 06:36:55 PM »
Somebody call the police.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Thankyou tech. team
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 06:38:54 PM »
I think they've already been calllled...

Offline TechJockey

• View Profile
Thankyou tech. team
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 08:24:46 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
There's something else going on...

Aardvark in England can't view or post and the Guardster proxy also won't work for viewing or posting.

Guardster should work now. In order to fix any access problems for individual users, they'll have to PM me with a copy of the specific error, and the exact time it occurred.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Thankyou tech. team
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006, 10:04:32 PM »
Tech, I have to comment again about the lack of forum organization. I mean come on, The Seed, a long-dead program is at the top while WWASPS, an active and deadly one, is far down the list. I'm usually the last person to suggest this, but can we get some hierarchy here?

Also, we should have a heavily moderated "Emergency Services" forum for people who are in immediate danger of being sent away or who have just had it happen to them and have people trying to get their parents to see the light.

Offline TechJockey

• View Profile
Thankyou tech. team
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2006, 10:17:39 PM »
Quote from: ""Milk Gargling Death Penal""
Tech, I have to comment again about the lack of forum organization. I mean come on, The Seed, a long-dead program is at the top while WWASPS, an active and deadly one, is far down the list. I'm usually the last person to suggest this, but can we get some hierarchy here?

Also, we should have a heavily moderated "Emergency Services" forum for people who are in immediate danger of being sent away or who have just had it happen to them and have people trying to get their parents to see the light.

Yeah, I liked the way the most recently posted to forums would rise to the top of the list before. Most of the front end kinda stuff like that is really Ginger's thing. She's been a little busy lately, but she should be back around before long.

And the "Emergency Services" forum sounds like a good idea. Again, Ginger should probably address that. My thing is mostly in dealing with the guts of the system, squashing bugs, etc. Besides, it's still her site.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Thankyou tech. team
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2006, 11:20:13 PM »
Quote from: ""Milk Gargling Death Penalty""

I can't tell you all how much I agree with the first piece! All "hierarchy" aside, it makes the forum much easier to keep track of (for those that are into doing this) when new posts bump their corresponding forum to the top. That way you can see at a glance if anything's hit the board...

I also like the Emergency forum idea..

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Thankyou tech. team
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 05:35:42 AM »
Ok, leme dig in and see if I can find the query in the code.

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
Thankyou tech. team
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2006, 12:36:41 PM »
Quote from: ""Milk Gargling Death Penal""
... we should have a heavily moderated "Emergency Services" forum for people who are in immediate danger of being sent away or who have just had it happen to them and have people trying to get their parents to see the light.

This is the shit.  What a great idea!  I don't know how it would pan out, but it might do some good...excellent noodle dancin...Milk Gargling Death Penalty, that's what the pre-school kids do in order to get their noodles workin...They do the "noodle dance".

Eudora, what are your thoughts on this ??
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Thankyou tech. team
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2006, 01:05:57 PM »
It makes me a little bit nervous, frankly. Think about all of the fucked up stories we've all been tossing around here lately. They're all complicated and, in all but a few cases of just plain out stupid negligence, they're all driven by and rife w/ high passion and even more heightened insanity on all sides. If you're going to get involved personally in something like that, you'd better be in for a pound, man! No drive by suggestions or half baked ideas.

We do get notice, more frequently here lately, when someone's about to get shipped or recently has been. And people do sometimes jump in in a very big way.

Remember the FreeAlex thread?
http://wwf.avigation.net/viewtopic.php?t=12879

There was a kid sent off to Abundant Life Academy, too, who's aunt hooked up w/ the right intel to get her out. And a couple of kids found a wealthy benefactor to put them on a plane out of Nephi, Utah to get away from the Sudweeks and Whitmore Academy not too long ago.

It's happening ad hoc and I just have a very, very strong aversion to too much organization. Or, as Crazy Mac would say, if it ain't broke doooooon't fix it!

But if you're so moved, by all means let's do it. I can do the miniscuel chore of setting up the forum. While I'm at it, I'll blow out the Cassandra project. Nobody ever did take that up in any serious way anyway. I can just reassign those few posts to another forum or something.