Author Topic: A question for programme alumni?  (Read 1658 times)

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
A question for programme alumni?
« on: July 12, 2006, 09:07:48 AM »
Do you think that  the owners and senior managers of programmes are 100%cynical about it being a money making exercise? do you think they feel it helps kids, and is morally ok  or is is a little from column a a little from column b.

When I read the Guardian interview with Jay Kay, he did not really seem to hide much. Someone told me agreeed to the interview in a bid to try and capture the British market but it backfired because the angle was that the school is horrid. To be this open about the horrors of it indicates to me that you are either retarded or you feel that the world shares your view that this is a good thing for the youth under your control.

What do those with direct experience or insight think?
 :question:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline ConstentGardener

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 11:49:23 AM »
One thing comes to mind that indicates this is all about money.  The making of lots of money.

If you've seen the French film you will have seen a clip from Bob Litchfield's deposition for the WWASPS V PURE suit. You will have seen Bob Litchfield explaining his education was in Business. His focus was Business. Might have taken a psychology class. He didn't really remember. His focus was business.

None of these men who are the power structure that is WWASPS / Teen Help/ Teen Solutions / and what ever else they call themselves, has any education that indicates any kind of humanitarian interest. No degrees in social work, psychology; education - nothing of the sort. In fact, no degrees, or higher education at all, in many cases.

They seem to simply be buds with the businessman, Robert Browning Litchfield.  This is the only qualification one needs to land a job directing a Special education school/ college prep school/ drug rehab/ mental health facility. There is no need for any education as they have this "program" in place that will "work" very well to keep the money rolling in.

I feel the evidence is pretty clear there is no concern for the teens in their care.  Weather they are helping or hurting matters not to those at the top.
If they can get people to say it helps, what do they care why they are really saying this? And if others insist it was devastating, so what? They clearly do not care; as long as the money keeps rolling in. Just like any other cult.

ear with me that I may speak, and after I have spoken, mock on.
Job 21;3

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 05:44:55 PM »
This is what we would call a conflict of interest. Is the priority of the organization to increase their revenue, or to provide descent care for the kids in their custody. In my opinion, the owners and operators of the programs have chosen the first option. How do we know? Because they tell us. Listen to Lichfield's deposition in the TB documentary, he talks about how he studied business in college, he is 'into business'.

They market their services by lying. Using high pressure sales tactics to sell private prison to suburban families over the phone -- kidnapper optional -- they use a parent's worst fear to complete the sale. Hook, line and sinker, it ain't that hard to do.

Sure, they start to believe their own bullshit over time. The fact their business' are doing so well must reinforce that fact in their own minds. It's one thing to believe your own lies, but to have thousands of parents agree with you, and it sets in at a whole new level. They are insane. They are harming thousands of kids, and by they I mean everyone involved from the owner down to the parents who staff seminars, down to the kids who go back to seminars after they left. STOP. You are hurting people, and don't even know it aparently.

They are just another group of fundamentalists, trying to impose their distorted will on the rest of us. It's going to backfire, wait and see.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 09:20:49 PM »
I did see the WWASPS doco. Coincidentally before i even looked into this industry @ all. What about the non WWASPS programmes though? Aspen etc. Obviously money is a big part of it but is it all?
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
It's About the MONEY, Stupid...
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 09:36:20 PM »
Quote from: ""Pls help""
I did see the WWASPS doco. Coincidentally before i even looked into this industry @ all. What about the non WWASPS programmes though? Aspen etc. Obviously money is a big part of it but is it all?

I think that the "preponderance of the evidence," if you will, points to avarice and not altruism.  Just look at the facts and figures in regard to the industry.  There is not a single, solitary shred of evidence to suggest that these facilities actually treat mental illness (or anything else at all).  There is, however, copious evidence (including court records and scientific studies) that this industry, as a whole, does not indeed treat anything other than parental exasperation.

BTW, IMHO this format sucks.  I am completely displeased with the new GUI...
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 08:59:54 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
This is what we would call a conflict of interest. Is the priority of the organization to increase their revenue, or to provide descent care for the kids in their custody. In my opinion, the owners and operators of the programs have chosen the first option. How do we know? Because they tell us. Listen to Lichfield's deposition in the TB documentary, he talks about how he studied business in college, he is 'into business'.

They market their services by lying. Using high pressure sales tactics to sell private prison to suburban families over the phone -- kidnapper optional -- they use a parent's worst fear to complete the sale. Hook, line and sinker, it ain't that hard to do.

Sure, they start to believe their own bullshit over time. The fact their business' are doing so well must reinforce that fact in their own minds. It's one thing to believe your own lies, but to have thousands of parents agree with you, and it sets in at a whole new level. They are insane. They are harming thousands of kids, and by they I mean everyone involved from the owner down to the parents who staff seminars, down to the kids who go back to seminars after they left. STOP. You are hurting people, and don't even know it aparently.

They are just another group of fundamentalists, trying to impose their distorted will on the rest of us. It's going to backfire, wait and see.

Ah, another proponent of the "Profit equals exploitation" school of thought. If you're right, and  making a living doing something good for mankind and helping people is automatically evil, it's pretty depressing, don't you think? Let's also attack everyone employed in any human services field. Add teachers, law enforcement, firefighters, and all medical personnel. Bad, bad, bad do-gooders.

Should people in these fields get an additional job to support their altruistic habits, since making a living by doing good works is so awful?Hopefully, you aren't a guidance counselor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 09:30:07 PM »
Nice strawman attempt there, take debate 101 and get back to us when you learn to make a logical argument. K?  :D

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 09:31:00 PM »
If you're right, and making a living doing something good for mankind

Remember when the original poster asked what these people think of themselves? You got your answer right there.  :o

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 09:39:51 PM »
If you're right, and making a living doing something good for mankind and helping people is automatically evil, it's pretty depressing, don't you think?

These places are not doing anything to benefit mankind. Are you serious? My best friend was sexually molested in a teen help camp, and I was physically abused. What are you smoking? (I want some)

Let's also attack everyone employed in any human services field. Add teachers, law enforcement, firefighters, and all medical personnel. Bad, bad, bad do-gooders.

If the teachers molest and beat kids, yes. If the cops beat prisoners and torture them, yes. If the firefighters do the same, yes. Same with anyone else. Do you really expect because a person works a particularly job they will not committ a crime? You are as naive as a five year old, sad. Predators seek out these positions.

Should people in these fields get an additional job to support their altruistic habits, since making a living by doing good works is so awful?

WTF are you talking about? If they committ a crime and beat a child or molest them, they should go to jail. Public institutions have ways of dealing with this, why don't private programs? They simply cover it up, and pretend that nothing happened. Do you really think a hundred million dollar a year corporation such as WWASPS really needs to look at ways of making more money? I don't see them giving any away either, so your statement is a mystery to me.

Hopefully, you aren't a guidance counselor.

Why not, because if I was, it would automatically make me a good person according to your line of reasoning.  :lol: