Author Topic: Randall Hinton  (Read 23544 times)

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Randall Hinton
« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2007, 12:09:41 PM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline 001010

• View Profile
Randall Hinton
« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2007, 03:18:33 PM »
Thanks, Deborah!  8-)
[size=79]EST (Landmark/Lifespring/Discovery) \'83
Salesmanship Club \'84-\'86
Straight, Inc. \'86-\'88[/size]

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
Randall Hinton
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2007, 12:51:26 PM »
Publish Date: 3/14/2007

Felony charge against Hinton dropped

Vic Vela
The Daily Record
A felony charge will be dropped today against the Royal Gorge Academy co-director arrested in January for suspected assault and other charges. However, several new misdemeanor counts will be added.

Randall Hinton of Ca?on City, 32, will face misdemeanor charges in connection to the January Ca?on City Police Department investigation into allegations that Hinton was abusive toward students at the private boarding school.

Hinton now will face seven counts of third-degree assault, a Class I misdemeanor, and two counts of false imprisonment, a Class II misdemeanor. There are seven alleged victims in the case.

The maximum penalty for third-degree assault is up to two years in jail. The false imprisonment charge carries with it a maximum penalty of one year. However, probation can also be considered, rather than jail time.

Hinton originally was charged with false imprisonment, a Class V felony as well as third degree assault, a Class I misdemeanor and reckless endangerment, a Class III misdemeanor. After its investigation, the District Attorney?s Office chose not to pursue the felony false imprisonment charge.

?Our office feels it?s more appropriate at this time to go forward with misdemeanor charges,? said Fremont County Deputy District Attorney Thom LeDoux.

The D.A.?s office has the final say in determining what charges officially are filed against suspects, not law enforcement agencies like CCPD.

?The District Attorney?s office does an independent review of the case,? said LeDoux. ?We then make a determination on what is appropriate to proceed with.?

An affidavit that followed Hinton?s arrest alleges Hinton forced one female student to ?lie face down on the floor, arms to her side and palms up for hours.? The affidavit also reads Hinton refused to let the girl use the restroom while she was having her period. Staff members interviewed by CCPD said they had sus-pected Hinton of abusing students before.

However, parents and other staff members interviewed have been supportive of Hinton and his work at the school.

Hinton, along with school Vice President Brian Lemons, opened Royal Gorge Academy in the spring of 2006. The boarding school houses boys and girls, ranging from 13-17 of age, who have been sent to the school by their parents for various reasons, including behavioral and academic problems.

Hinton?s attorney, Michael Gillick, said he is pleased his client will not face a felony charge. However, he still hopes to see Hinton acquitted of all charges.

?I certainly agree there were no actions that constituted felonies,? he said. ?We believe all actions taken by Randall Hinton were appropriate given the circumstances. Mr. Hinton maintains his innocence toward any charges.?

Hinton is scheduled to appear in court at 3:15 p.m. today when the new charges will be filed. Because the case no longer carries with it felonious implications, future proceedings now will be held in county court.

Hinton remains free on a $2,500 bond.

Vic Vela can be reached at [email protected].

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Randall Hinton
« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2007, 08:45:27 PM »
Everybody knows WWASPS style of punishment. Lay down on floor with arms at side! We have pictures, there is so much evidence, if they don't use him as the scapegoat and let him take full blown punishment to show that WWASPS really being forced to make changes, well then, I just don't know!!!!
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
Randall Hinton
« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2007, 09:26:16 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me if that is what they do. Sacrafice the hand to let the rest of the body live.
am the metal pig.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Randall Hinton
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2007, 07:24:35 PM »
They don't need to do anything. If parents did enough research to find out about Hinton, they would find out about all the other abuse. Why would Hinton's recent problems convince them if his in his own words confession to abuse at TB is not enough. WWASPS secures the business of a segment of parents that do not do research, or do not care about what they find. Judging by the amount of upset parents posting on the internet (only a handful, compared to the hundreds of students) it's hard to believe that it's all about ignorance. To most people WWASPS is a success story with a few bad apples.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Randall Hinton
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2007, 02:32:19 PM »
Gee golly fucking willickers another slap on the wrist for another child abusing asshole.

Someone get him talking to some PEEJ's on the Internet so he can actually have a charge STICK?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Randall Hinton
« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2007, 11:32:25 AM »
Izzy's discussing Hinton's trial which is scheduled to begin Monday August 27th.
Think Hinton's little friend Sue Scheff might get called as witness to testiy on this guy's defense; since they seem to like each other so much?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Randall Hinton
« Reply #98 on: August 29, 2007, 01:15:07 PM »
Publish Date: 8/28/2007 Page: A6
Teenager testifies in Hinton trial

Vic Vela
The Daily Record

Disturbing testimony was provided Monday by a former Royal Gorge Academy student who described bloody details of the alleged physical abuse he received on the part of the boarding school’s co-director, Randall Hinton.

However, the student’s credibility was questioned by Hinton’s attorney — something that will certainly be a large part of the accused’s defense as more witnesses take the stand — as Hinton’s week-long jury trial commenced.

A 17-year-old California boy testified he and two other former students were in a room alone with Hinton when the abuse took place during an Oct. 3, 2006, incident.

“He twisted my arm behind my back and smashed my face into the ground,â€

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Day two
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2007, 04:43:10 PM »
Vic Vela
The Daily Record

Day two of the Randall Hinton trial featured testimony from four former Royal Gorge Academy students who testified the boarding school’s co-director was physically abusive toward them, as well as other students.

The most compelling testimony provided Tuesday was by a 15-year-old Riverside, Calif., boy who detailed an alleged incident where he was put into a headlock and slammed against a staircase wall by Hinton.

“He thrust my head into the wall, my face hit the wall, and I fell to the ground,â€
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Randall Hinton
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2007, 05:32:07 PM »
Can we give him the chair yet?

Please, God, let the jury have some common sense.

Prisoners are going to have a fucking field day with his asshole.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Randall Hinton
« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2007, 06:10:59 PM »
Just curious if Vic Vela has seen the Tranquility Bay movie? Has anyone sent him a copy? Also, is that clip of Randall Hinton saying he sprays kids in the face with pepper spray multiple times going to be shown in court?

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Randall Hinton
« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2007, 11:35:29 AM »
Secretary claims she was disturbed by incidents

Vic Vela
The Daily Record

Dueling testimony of Royal Gorge Academy staff members — one a former employee, the other the school’s current vice president — featured stark contrasts in knowledge of whether Randall Hinton had abused students at the school.

Meanwhile, the issue of religion created a momentary atmosphere of tension inside the Fremont County courtroom during day three of the Hinton trial.

A tearful, former Royal Gorge Academy employee testified Wednesday she believed Randall Hinton had assaulted students and that she decided to come forward with information in spite of being “scaredâ€
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Randall Hinton
« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2007, 12:38:27 PM »
Hinton sentenced to 25 days in jail and 1 year probation.
Claims he "never want to work with troubled kids again."
http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?p=297088#297088
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Randall Hinton
« Reply #104 on: January 05, 2008, 07:01:12 PM »
I'm assuming that he will be low man on the totem pole at his new job, being that he has worked for WWASP for so long and likely has little or no formal training in the automotive industry.  

I hope that his remaining on probation will mean that legal eyes remain vigilant on him and his young children.  I do not understand why, when a parent is convicted of a crime against any child, CPS is not automatically notified to check the welfare of the convict's own children.
I can't imagine that he is a good father who exhibits patience and proper parenting techniques, given that he was convicted of violence against a child.  

Randall Hinton's problems may also be worsening at home, as his wife could understandably feel ashamed of her convicted husband's actions and likely low-wage, entry level job.  

I see people like the Hintons on Jerry Springer all the time.  I have to remind myself that there are real people with such poor judgment that they put themselves and their children in such predicaments each day.  

His hickspeak and lack of remorse only confirm what the general public already suspects about him, given the history of accusations against him across various states and countries.