Author Topic: WARNING! This website presents distorted perspectives of ob  (Read 24041 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
WARNING! This website presents distorted perspectives of ob
« Reply #150 on: December 18, 2006, 01:05:07 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
[
Anne,

Funny,  I find that mind set present in the Hyde bashers as well.  People that adhere to a dogma tend to be doctrinaire. Kind of like Fox News "We instruct You Obey"  http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Fox_News

Niel Loughjizm

Niel, instead of just trading insults, I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17128&start=60
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 18, 2006, 06:18:21 AM »
Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""
[
Anne,

Funny,  I find that mind set present in the Hyde bashers as well.  People that adhere to a dogma tend to be doctrinaire. Kind of like Fox News "We instruct You Obey"  http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Fox_News

Niel Loughjizm

Interesting post.  BTW I am not insulting you.  I am challenging you to confront your dogmatism.

N. Loughjizm

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 18, 2006, 06:24:11 AM »
[
Anne,

Niel Loughjizm

IT looks like a swip at the 7-'s headmaster Ed Ledd, by some poor sap that still has issues three decades later.  He should see some one about that.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 18, 2006, 02:29:39 PM »
IT looks like a swip at the 7-'s headmaster Ed Ledd, by some poor sap that still has issues three decades later.  He should see some one about that.

What's a swip?  I meant the entire thread, but once again you're not interested at all in an actual discussion.  That seems to be a problem with most of you that support Hyde.  You come on here, say a few nasty things, call everyone liars and losers and then run away when pressed for real answers.  I've yet to find someone who is willing to just have a dialogue.

Yes, I've got my opinions of Hyde and they're not good, but I don't know all there is to know about it.  That's why I ask.  I do not believe that's it's helpful or even benign but I'd really like to find out why YOU do and get into specifics about it. If and when you find the guts to do that, let me know.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 18, 2006, 04:00:33 PM »

What's a swip?  I meant the entire thread, but once again you're not interested at all in an actual discussion.  That seems to be a problem with most of you that support Hyde.  You come on here, say a few nasty things, call everyone liars and losers and then run away when pressed for real answers.  I've yet to find someone who is willing to just have a dialogue.

Yes, I've got my opinions of Hyde and they're not good, but I don't know all there is to know about it.  That's why I ask.  I do not believe that's it's helpful or even benign but I'd really like to find out why YOU do and get into specifics about it. If and when you find the guts to do that, let me know.

If you've yet to find anyone willing to have a dialogue with you, perhaps you should look at the way you attack anyone and everyone and your crappy persona. Why would anyone want to waste their time in discussion with someone so negative, unpleasant and condescending, unless they are at the same place themselves and just want to share the Hyde-bashing with other ill-informed and angry folks like yourself.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 18, 2006, 04:34:39 PM »

There were parts of it that were truely screwed up when I was there.   I think some of those things are stil screwed up AFAIKT.  My sense is that there is still the impulse to put personallity before principle.  I think you can see that manifested in the incestous power structure.  The fact that there is no alum measurment of outcomes in the things that Hyde claims it is doing is a clear indication (IMHO) that there is some snake oil in the mix.  There has been some real quantitative analysis of the effect of social intervention on a dollar cost/benefit of public spending in human services:
Link
 Hyde could do this.  But instead it is dropping something on the order of a million a year in fund raising.  Which BTW seems to be netting a 1:15 return (good work Mal !)  It is really difficult to know what works if you do not measeure outcomes. If you do not know what works and what doesn't you can't improve your process. One of the big "star" poster kids of my era have ended up dead from substance abuse. What went wrong there?  There is always an explaination:  you did not really get the program, you did not come too terms , etc, etc.  If you succeed it is because you got it, if you fail it is because you did not. Which in a way is true, but the "it" my friend is not Hyde.
Yet, from my view point it was a good experience.  I was resistant to a lot of the charater innoculations which in a very odd way was one of the biggest charater building experiences of my life.  There is so much in life that you really need to "prepare a face to meet the faces that you meet"  I learned game face at Hyde and the poem from which I quote:
http://www.bartleby.com/198/1.html
So I am not un unabashed Hyde cheerleader.  I do take umbridge, Anne,  with people that bash the place and do not know that there is no Bath/Phillipsburg exit off route 1, there is a Bath/Phippsburg exit.  I also what you to know that Phippsburg was named after William Phipps the first Royal governor of Massachusetts:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Phips  I learned that from a Teacher named Bud.

Niel Loughjizm

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 18, 2006, 05:46:42 PM »
If you've yet to find anyone willing to have a dialogue with you, perhaps you should look at the way you attack anyone and everyone and your crappy persona. Why would anyone want to waste their time in discussion with someone so negative, unpleasant and condescending, unless they are at the same place themselves and just want to share the Hyde-bashing with other ill-informed and angry folks like yourself.

No, you're lumping me in with everyone on this site.  We're not all alike, we don't all carry on conversations the same way.  

So, I'm asking.  Are you ready or willing to discuss Hyde in a rational manner and answer some questions?  If someone else comes along and is an asshole, all you really need to do is not respond to those posts.  If you're truly interested in discussing this instead of just running in and calling everyone a bunch of names, you'll find a way to do that.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2006, 07:08:11 PM »

...I also what you to know that Phippsburg was named after William Phipps the first Royal governor of Massachusetts:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Phips  I learned that from a Teacher named Bud.

Niel Loughjizm

...well, that might be due to Maine's actually being part of Massachusetts in the (very) early days...  ;->

[I'm guessing you went to school with Bud's daughter Cindy?  (sp?)]

-Manny Rivers (2X)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 19, 2006, 07:01:09 AM »

...I also what you to know that Phippsburg was named after William Phipps the first Royal governor of Massachusetts:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Phips  I learned that from a Teacher named Bud.

Niel Loughjizm

...well, that might be due to Maine's actually being part of Massachusetts in the (very) early days...  ;->

-Manny Rivers (2X)

Yes Cindy and Lenny and the girl in the middle who's name I can not pull up at the moment but I can see her in my mind.   Any you remember the story of Lenny and the Warren's and Joe?
  I remember Cindy singing a song called the "Blue Clister Blues" while waxing her cross country skis.  

Niel

Niel

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 19, 2006, 08:58:41 AM »

Niel Loughjizm

-Manny Rivers (2X)

Yes Cindy and Lenny and the girl in the middle who's name I can not pull up at the moment but I can see her in my mind.   Any you remember the story of Lenny and the Warren's and Joe?
  I remember Cindy singing a song called the "Blue Clister Blues" while waxing her cross country skis.  

Niel

Niel

so sorry, but don't...  Do tell?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 19, 2006, 09:22:48 AM »

Niel Loughjizm

-Manny Rivers (2X)

Niel

Niel

Lenny ran away from hyde.  Hyde was not a good fit for him. The Warrens let Lenny back into thier house.  The Warrens were forced out of the school.  Bud was one of the originals in '66.  I my estimation the most well balanced of the founders, witness the fact that he chose his son over the school dogma.

Niel

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 19, 2006, 09:44:54 AM »

Niel Loughjizm

-Manny Rivers (2X)

Niel

Niel

Lenny ran away from hyde.  Hyde was not a good fit for him. The Warrens let Lenny back into thier house.  The Warrens were forced out of the school.  Bud was one of the originals in '66.  I my estimation the most well balanced of the founders, witness the fact that he chose his son over the school dogma.

Niel

Now that you describe the scenario, I can vaguely remember...  And I concur with your impression of the Warrens.  Infinitely less histrionics...  The mother was the school nurse, if I remember correctly?  Also, IIRC, they were from Maine?  

Brings to mind another such... Aldridge; don't remember his first name.  Daughter Abby attended for a while, did not stay the course.  Very interesting, independent, and intelligent family.  Mother was a former dancer and very creative.

Always felt that Hyde really short-changed these families...

-Manny Rivers (2X)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 19, 2006, 03:14:59 PM »

Niel Loughjizm

-Manny Rivers (2X)

Niel

Niel

The girl in the middle was Jane...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 21, 2007, 10:55:52 AM »

Niel Loughjizm

-Manny Rivers (2X)

Niel

Niel

Niel

Now that you describe the scenario, I can vaguely remember...  And I concur with your impression of the Warrens.  Infinitely less histrionics...  The mother was the school nurse, if I remember correctly?  Also, IIRC, they were from Maine?  

Brings to mind another such... Aldridge; don't remember his first name.  Daughter Abby attended for a while, did not stay the course.  Very interesting, independent, and intelligent family.  Mother was a former dancer and very creative.

-Manny Rivers (2X)

I wonder where they are now?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 28, 2007, 02:26:18 PM »

Niel Loughjizm

-Manny Rivers (2X)

Niel

Niel

Niel

-Manny Rivers (2X)

I wonder where they are now?

Dick Aldridge...he passed away, I believe...