Author Topic: WARNING! This website presents distorted perspectives of ob  (Read 24051 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WARNING! This website presents distorted perspectives of ob
« Reply #135 on: November 22, 2006, 08:01:23 PM »
Let's give thanks on this holiday that by the grace of G-d no one has been killed yet at Hyde Schools. At least not that we know of!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 23, 2006, 10:13:23 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Let's give thanks on this holiday that by the grace of G-d no one has been killed yet at Hyde Schools. At least not that we know of!!

There's a difference between physical death and emotional death.  I know people who crawled out of Hyde feeling emotionally dead because of the incompetence and cruelty at Hyde that's experienced by too many students and parents.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 13, 2006, 01:27:33 PM »
Hopefully those affected in a negative way by Hyde will grow in spite of Hyde.  It seems that many times Hyde attributes someone's growth to being at Hyde when in actuality it is just plain maturity and growing up, with or without Hyde.  Parents, keep your kids at home and participate in therapy with them.  No reason to send them to a boarding school to "fix" the problems you might have helped create.  If you do love your kids, you will keep them home and not send them to a place like Hyde.  My opinion is that your money is much better spent on individual therapy.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 15, 2006, 11:09:50 AM »
Hopefully those affected in a negative way by Hyde will grow in spite of Hyde.  It seems that many times Hyde attributes someone's growth to being at Hyde when in actuality it is just plain maturity and growing up, with or without Hyde.  Parents, keep your kids at home and participate in therapy with them.  No reason to send them to a boarding school to "fix" the problems you might have helped create.  If you do love your kids, you will keep them home and not send them to a place like Hyde.  My opinion is that your money is much better spent on individual therapy.

Sounds like you're a therapist or could use one anyway...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 15, 2006, 11:12:07 AM »
Sounds like you're a therapist or could use one anyway...

What's that supposed to mean?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 15, 2006, 11:18:30 AM »
I went there. It is a school that helps kids get on track. It wasn't perfect, but it was a good experience for many.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 15, 2006, 11:22:03 AM »
I went there. It is a school that helps kids get on track. It wasn't perfect, but it was a good experience for many.

Was this anything like your experience?

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t= ... sc&start=0

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 15, 2006, 11:22:52 AM »

That was me.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 15, 2006, 02:01:50 PM »
Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""

That was me.

I haven't been to Hyde but when I read through these threads (especially things like this http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=19252&start=0 ) it sounds very much like Straight. It's not just a few things here and there. Joe Gauld sounds very much like Miller Newton....a malignant narcissist. The whole structure of Hyde follows the same pattern that Straight did. The similarities are too great to ignore.

Make up your mind... was it you, was it your imagination or was it a drug-addled combination of both... or do you just like to judge something that you don't know ANYTHING about except from the trash you read here... Have a nice day jerk-off...

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 15, 2006, 02:07:53 PM »
Make up your mind... was it you, was it your imagination or was it a drug-addled combination of both... or do you just like to judge something that you don't know ANYTHING about except from the trash you read here... Have a nice day jerk-off...

First, learn to use the quote feature properly before attempting to use it.  

Second, where the hell did that come from?  Did it occur to you that there might be more than one person posting here?  Why do you consider anything written here as trash?  Each person's experience is valuable, yours included.  You just can't seem to be able to tolerate anyone having an experience or opinion that differs from yours.  Did you learn that at Hyde?

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 15, 2006, 02:10:55 PM »

Second, where the hell did that come from?  Did it occur to you that there might be more than one person posting here?  Why do you consider anything written here as trash?  Each person's experience is valuable, yours included.  You just can't seem to be able to tolerate anyone having an experience or opinion that differs from yours.  Did you learn that at Hyde?

No... I learned it from you...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2006, 02:38:07 PM »

No... I learned it from you...

NO..... he/she learned it at Hyde.  The place is endemic with a complete intolerance of differing viewpoints.  An unformed person, still learning, growing up...  It is we (older, wiser) who must be tolerant.  Not worth responding to, just move on Anne!   8-)

-Manny Rivers (2X)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 15, 2006, 02:58:11 PM »
Oh Manny... you're so WISE! And FORMED. You're my hero!!

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 15, 2006, 03:01:56 PM »
NO..... he/she learned it at Hyde.  The place is endemic with a complete intolerance of differing viewpoints.  An unformed person, still learning, growing up...  It is we (older, wiser) who must be tolerant.  Not worth responding to, just move on Anne!   8-)

-Manny Rivers (2X)

But Manny that's precisely why[/b] I think it's important to respond to these posts.  :D  It really shows the mentality that comes out of places like that.  They absolutely cannot hold a conversation with anyone that isn't lockstep in line with their way of thinking.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 17, 2006, 08:55:35 AM »

-Manny Rivers (2X)

But Manny that's precisely why[/b] I think it's important to respond to these posts.  :D  It really shows the mentality that comes out of places like that.  They absolutely cannot hold a conversation with anyone that isn't lockstep in line with their way of thinking.

Anne,

Funny,  I find that mind set present in the Hyde bashers as well.  People that adhere to a dogma tend to be doctrinaire. Kind of like Fox News "We instruct You Obey"  http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Fox_News

Niel Loughjizm