Author Topic: Hitler Youth influence?  (Read 4590 times)

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
Hitler Youth influence?
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2006, 01:18:00 PM »
I really feel bad for the guy who left his heart in San Francisco.  That really must hurt. :rofl: [ This Message was edited by: Ft. Lauderdale on 2006-07-05 10:19 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Hitler Youth influence?
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2006, 05:17:32 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
probably because i've spent time around him. he believes in god. not any of the religions. but does believe in a surpreme being. not that i think this matters. i was just correcting the assertion that he's an aethiest. that would be in accurate. he wasnt an aethiest, and up till the last couple years wasnt. beyond that i couldnt say because i havent spoken with him in the last few years, but i doubt he changed.

also he would have told someone that being an aethiest isnt a good thing. he believed (believes?) that you should believe in a higher power, surpreme being, god etc.

Well, he was dogmatically committed to that ideal now wasn't he, seeing as how the 'first step' was to turn yourself over to a higher power.  

But WHY would he believe not believing in  a higher power was bad?  I don't, and I feel pretty darn good.  On what basis is it BAD?

And what basis does one arrive at believing in "god" but not "religion".  Just what evidence does he base his belief on?  what concept?  Does this person just pick and choose the concepts that make comport to their own version of how the universe should be?

Hint:  I already know that answer.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 05:27:00 PM by Guest »

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Hitler Youth influence?
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2006, 05:25:07 PM »
Quote from: ""Seth""
  Hmm yea I dont recall anything that I could associate with the Nazi regime.  

Where Nazi Germany was (understatement) intolerant of other races Jews Negros etc I remember my time at the seed as being very non denominational and such that we embraced all races and creeds as brothers and equals.

The whole Nazi thing came up from someone 'on the inside' several years ago claimed art had a fascination with "hitler youth", not nazism.

Remember, the hitler youth was an organization set up to capture the imagination of the children so they could go on and spread a specific dogmatism thruout society.

Anyone who doesn't understand what appeal that would have to Art is blowing smoke.  I haven't heard one person accuse him of racism, but it is a little funny that he dressed Robert Chung up as a limo driver and had him drive him around.

I personally see no evidence for Art being racist.  But was he interested in the hitler youth program of the Nazi's?  I have no personal knowledge, nor do I have any reason to doubt the person who told me.

BTW, I read Mein Kampf as a kid and I am anything but a racist.  I just wanted to see what made them tic.  

That Art may have been interested in the Hitler Youth movement is very believable, but not for the same ideology of the Nazi's.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 10:09:44 AM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hitler Youth influence?
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2006, 07:07:39 AM »
i would think most people pick and choose how they view the universe. and exactly how much evidence is there for our beliefs. most of what we think has either been taught to us, or we develope as our opinion but not really on a whole lot of hard evidence.

and i dont think its exactly an unusual idea to believe in god, but not follow a specific relegion or believe in a specific relegions teachings. i actually think thats more limiting then just a straight belief in god. churchs wish to maintain their power. in a lot of cases i think god actually becomes secondary to following the churchs teachings. everything of course is done in the name of god, but is it really what god wants? (assuming you believe in god).

and i dont know why 'not believing" was considered bad exactly. generally just they wanted you to have faith in something. and i can undertand that a little, but i dont find it neccessary either. no one was really ever able to tell me exactly why its bad. which i think is somewhat reflective of that fact that most seed kids just parrotted what was said to them. since they didnt need to deal with too many people who dont at least believe in god, they didnt have much argument for one who does, just a sort of "stop it, that can be good, believe in soemthing please' and i never had any kind of substantial discussion with art over it. just enough to know he'd encourage someone also to believe.  

now oddly enough (or maybe odd to some)  someone on staff would hve reacted far more angrily to this problem "what you dont believe!!!!!!!"  whereas art would have been more likely to simply talk with you about it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hitler Youth influence?
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2006, 09:39:58 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
and i dont think its exactly an unusual idea to believe in god, but not follow a specific relegion or believe in a specific relegions teachings..

I don't think it is 'unusual' either.  But please consider what I am about to write.

"god" is an incoherent concept, a supernatural being beyond nature.  If something is beyond nature, it is not identifiable with natural methodology, your senses, or any other system that exists in nature.   Christian philosophers thruout the last 2000 years have conceded that you can't "know" what god is thru naturalistic means.

Christians, muslims, and others claim they have god's 'word' in a book, and this is how they arrive at information about god.

So my question is, without "religion", how they hell can you conceptualize anything that is supernatural, ie: beyond nature? How can you interact with this immaterial 'thing', and how do you arrive at any information about God?

My opinion is, people who claim to believe in god, but don't subscribe to religion, are blowing smoke.  If you talk to them about their basic understand of morality and the universe, and then afterwards talk to them about god, god will dovetail with these closely held concepts of theirs.

In other words, it is THEM who create a god in their own image.  I find this, while more palatable then those christians and other theists who subscribe to some cruel dogma, much more hypocritical and unfounded than someone who believes their religion on a foundational basis.

GREGFL:  once again, forgot to log in.

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
Hitler Youth influence?
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2006, 11:51:42 PM »
Quote from: ""cleveland""
... Art copied a lot of the Seed's format from AA, which in turn copied from the Oxford Group and Frank Buchman's Moral Rearmament group (how come no one is interested in this? - this is the real origin of all of this stuff). Art did say he had worked at Bellvue, in NY, a notorious asylum. I never heard of any Synanon connection unless Bellvue was experimenting with these techniques.

OK...I'm interested...please...elaborate, if you would...
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Hitler Youth influence?
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2006, 12:01:11 AM »
I just sold some stepper a book by Emmett Fox not too long ago. Google the name.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
Hitler Youth influence?
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2006, 02:21:14 AM »
He was an influential religious author of some kind, and had some kind of an influence over the cult in the early days of AA.  But theres like 1000 websites about him.  Can't you just cut to the chase for me ??  What's his connection to the Oxford Group and Buchman and how do they connect to the Seed and $tr8 ??  And what is the Oxford group and who is Frank Buchman anyway ??  Where am I ?? and what the Fuck is goin' on ??
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Hitler Youth influence?
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2006, 10:23:51 AM »
Well, here's a good example:

An account set forth in "Dr. Bob and the Good Oldtimers" tells of the influence of Emmet Fox and his classic work, "Sermon on the Mount." An AA old-timer recollected: "The first thing he (Dr. Bob) did was to get Emmet Fox?s ?Sermon on the Mount?. Once when I was working on a woman in Cleveland, I called and asked him what to do for someone who is going into DT?s. He told me to give her the medication and he said, ?When she comes out of it and she decides she wants to be a different woman, get her Drummond?s ?The Greatest Thing in the World.? Tell her to read it through every day for thirty days and she?ll be a different woman.? Those were the three main books at the time; that and ?The Upper Room? and ?The Sermon on the Mount.?"
http://www.midlandaa.org/AAhistory/EmmettFox.html

It amazes me, too, that anybody who claims to know anything at all about the stepcult could possibly choke out the words to form the lie that it's not a religion. It's a religion. Not even a good old one w/ some provable merit, like millenia of successful existence or something. It's just one of the the wackier cults going who's members not only routinely wash out personally, but they wear it as a badge of honor. I was well familiar with the philosophy before I ever knew these names because my grandfather, Elija Haines Hilliar (uh, EHH to you, friend!) was a devout follower; i.e. professional alcoholic.

Like any other religion, it's primarily a social club. The very well received get to bask in the glory and get all the good connects from other well recieved, very pious sounding elite members while the Kleine Leute (little people) scramble and strive to attain that holy reverent level of piety so that they too can be ambassadors and live in million dollar mansions, entertaining vips and demolishing and rebuilding whole home towns and neighborhoods on a whim. And the dumb fuckers seem to go on and on and on forever believing that they'll get there, eventually, if they just eat just a little bit more shit jus a little more, really, we can do it, fakeittillyamakeit.... Gaghhhh!

Guest, I think ppl make a logical error in trying to define religion when they try and define something that is outside of nature. No such thing. By the very definition of the word, Nature, it's all inclusive. The trouble people have with it is that there are parts of it, huge expanses really, that we can neither understand nor master, maybe can't even perceive. So we invent these invisible God friends to make us feel better because we're scared shitless of this nature that this invisible friend of ours so gracously bestowed upon us....

As de dawg chases his tail....
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline susan

• View Profile
Re: Hitler Youth influence?
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2009, 12:01:57 PM »
WHO THE FUCK CARES WHAT A DRUNK OLD COMEDIAN THINKS ABOUT ANYTHING! He is a child abuser simple as that.