Author Topic: life Now  (Read 1784 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
life Now
« on: January 13, 2003, 01:50:00 PM »
Just wanted to state that I struggle being confrontive with people in my life.I find when I get angry about something , I confrount the person just like I would a New comer on 1st phase.
I don`t like when I see this in myself. Most people look at me as a very nice and understanding person{which I am} But when I find conflict and they are not being real with me and or don`t see the reality of the sisituation...I BLAST them!! Most people are shocked when they see this side come out. I struggle with it myself. I know it`s learned behivor from being in Kids for many years. And I do try to be awhear of it. Something occured just last week. And there is a part of me that feels bad, but I`m getting what I needed out of them because how confrontive I was.

Does anyone else struggle with this ?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
life Now
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2003, 02:17:00 PM »
Quite the Contrary.  I find that I am submissive and apologetic to a great degree. I find that I fear confrontation too much and there for give in, back down, or get walked on.  I wasn't an oldcomer often when I was in there.  I was one of the people who got screamed at - alot.  BUT! What you are going through makes so much sense to me.  You know, the fact that you see it is a miracle. I know people who have been through what we have (the program, cult, whatever you want to call that joke of an experience) who never got a chance to see the true damage it did to them, the ways it formed them, etc.,...you see it. That says to me A.)  you are a kind, decent person who does not enjoy being argumentative.  B.) Your intelligent.  and C.) It's probably not as serious as you think.  No matter what the case, your recognition of the damage the place has done to the person you truly are is a sign that you are so far removed from the brainwashing of the place, and that you're own mind is what rules you know, is what is predominate.  Good for you!  Now, this is just my take on the whole thing. I'm no expert on deprogramming or the inner workings of the human psyche.  So, have a nice day, you're alright.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
life Now
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2003, 05:43:00 PM »
Thanks for the "feedback". That was kind of you. And I am glad that I see these things and can relate why I feel bad when they happen. I also can relate to you ,in a way about being compliant in certian sisituations. Depending on someones statis in a company,school or a group of friends I find I go along with them and feel fear to disagree with them. I have a hard time and find I believe people to quickly. I don`t always have my own opnion.But then like I posted in my first post
I get to angry about something,and this other person comes out...I guess it might not be as bad as I think it is.I think now maybe it just reminds me of being in Kids and I know thats where I learned how to be confrountive in this manor.

It`s intersisting how we were all effected in all sorts of ways,from a place that I have not been at in 11 years.And it still effects me.

Hope all of you are well !

Offline nycappie

• View Profile
    • http://www.palmerboyz.com
life Now
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2003, 02:17:00 PM »
I am like that a lot as well and I find myself running my household the same way sometimes.  I chase my boys around like they are newcommers and I need to get stuff done to get an extra 3 winks of sleep.  I also hate this in myself.  It also shows up as non-tolerence, which I seem to have none of and I get confrontational with people, close to me or not.  It seems the closer you are the more I am this way.  I try not to blame Kids or anyone else for my problems. I try to take responsibility for my shortcomings, no matter where down the road they were picked up and why.  Regardless, if I or the people around me don't like soemthing, I try to change it.

I am not a good speller, never have been.  Why didn't they check out MIs for Spelling???

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
life Now
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2003, 10:56:00 PM »
I can totally relate about your kids...I do the same thing and feel horrible after. I don`t do it as much. Instead I try to stop and say the Scerenity Prayer...But some times it has some curse words in it !
And as far as spelling I`m right there with you. Someone told me to read more and it would help me with my spelling , But I hate to read too !
Oh Well maybe in time I`ll get better.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
life Now
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2003, 10:55:00 AM »
I am The oriagnal poster on this subject and I have an up date...I thought everything would be okay because I confrounted this person and "at the time they backed down" Well as of yesterday while on a conference with this person and others they got very angry with me and said I was screeming at them the other day and that they were right in the sisituation not me.Well I had to hold myself together and be approate at the time But, My insides wanted to jump up and get in their face pin them to the fucking floor and make them admit where they were wrong.It took everything in me to stay there and finish out the conference and what that was really even about. I left there feeling very distructive and out of control.I had all these plans last night to go bak today and raise HOLY HELL. But after talking tpo others last night {AA Meeting} I was told to lay low ,stay cool  and wait to see if anything happens. Well it`s only 10:40 in the am and I struggling hard to stay calm.I needed to post this to vent, so sorry for the sogga.. I will go the another AA meeing at noon.That always helps.

Offline girlwithoutbarcode

• View Profile
life Now
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2003, 11:52:00 AM »
You're going to be alright. The situation is hard for people who've had it hard in life like we had, maybe harder than for the average human.  BUT! It's not uncommon for ANY person to be in the same shoes as you are right now.  We've all had moments of heated disagreement, where in it seems like half our work place, office, what have you is ANTI-(Your Name Here).  It all works out in the end.  You've kept your cool outwardly, and had normal feelings of ARGH! or what ever you felt inside.  Your job is secure, I am sure. You want to resolve this situation, and I'm sure your employer will know that of you.  If not, Tell him or her that you want to resolve this situation, apologize even if you don't mean it, and remember....when other people gather together to correct the error of another employees' ways, it's usually because 1/2 of them or more have something to hide of thier own, or wish to divert attention from thier own shortcomings in the workplace. You're fine. I promise.

- girl without bar code has been there.
ids of BC 1988-1990

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
life Now
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2003, 05:16:00 PM »
Thanks for the responce. I`m feeling a bit more calm now. Went to a noon meeting, met with my sponsor and talked. We together decided to give it a week and  wait to see how things are then.Till then I don`t need to worry about it. I walked back into the building this afternoon and just kept smiling. :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:
Lifes to short to let things like this make me so miserible. When I think back to all those years wasted in Kids, not being in the world....I can`t waste my time now not enjoying my life,because I have a wonderful life when I think about it !
 Thanks!

Offline girlwithoutbarcode

• View Profile
life Now
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2003, 10:00:00 PM »
"Testify!" - Bart Simpson

No More Wasted Time. You got it baby.
ids of BC 1988-1990