Author Topic: Provo Canyon girl had stroke?  (Read 1412 times)

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
Provo Canyon girl had stroke?
« on: June 23, 2006, 02:30:00 AM »
I should have realized this a long time ago...

I may have previously posted about a girl who was at Provo canyon with me (in the 90's).  She went on a home visit and did a bunch of speed.  

Her therapist had gone on this home visit with her, and was actually staying at her parents' house also.  Apparantely, he knew this girl had gotten wasted, and convinced her to return to PCS by promising her she would not be in any trouble.  

Silly girl actually went back... and we were all shocked at what we saw.  Her tongue was paralized (well, pretty much her entire mouth), and she was unable to talk!  She was in a huge amount of trouble, and was not allowed to speak to anybody for a long time (other than in our weekly therapy group).  

Several months later, she was allowed to speak to us, but was physically unable to!  Her mind was still there (I think), but she would struggled just to speak a few words!  Her speech never did improve much, and she went home like that, somewhere around her 18th birthday.

Geez, this girl clearly had a stroke!  We know she did a whole bunch of speed, which probably resulted in her blood pressure going through the roof and resulted in a stroke.  

She received no medical attention!  This girl should have been an inpatient at a hospital for a few days to assess the damage;  she should have had an MRI, a CT scan, and a swallow test.  She should have been in long-term speech therapy.     WTF???
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
egan Flynn
RN
Survivor- Provo Canyon School

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 03:36:00 PM »
Well, going from the PCS bubble world to the actual medical community is one hell of a jump, Id say.

But, well, thats the problem. These places exist in a bubble and can get away with anything, and even if the kids parents screw their head on straight they cant do a god damn thing after the fact.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 10:03:00 AM »
Damn Bandit.  That's an awful story.  Wonder if Dr. Phil knows about it?  He's always sending kids there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 11:18:00 PM »
I am going to post the same thing I posted on another site.  It expresses how I felt about this and other incidents.

I really hope she is ok. She was such a smart and pretty girl. She lost almost all of her hair, and she could not speak for so long. I could not imagine how bad she felt about herself. Megan you always try to convince me how horrible PCS is, and I kind of stand up for the staff there; however, now that I remember this incident, I realize you are right. I cannot believe they did that to this poor girl. I could not even imagine how horrible it would be to suffer that and almost die, and then be so severely punished. I really hope that they shut that place down.
People may not believe this story, but we know two other girls that can come and vouch for this story, and about another girl Kelly that broke her jaw while standing IPS. They can also vouch for how sick Jessica got from being in time out so much, and how the ignorant and racist staff tortured Tyesha every single day. How they made fun of her to her face and to other girls.
They can also vouch for how they treated Laura Burke who had a drug problem and a severe depression problem. Laura may have even had a personality disorder. Now she is dead. What if she had real drug counseling instead of PCS milking the money out of her. For those who don't know, Laura died of a heroin overdose. Maybe if she had drug counseling and treatment for her problems instead of being tortured for her illnesses she may have lived. That is the problem with that place. No one gets help there. They only get punished. You cannot punish a sick person for their disease. You can only teach them to cope with it.