Author Topic: The Who  (Read 568831 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
The Who
« Reply #495 on: January 11, 2007, 08:03:24 PM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
Quote from: ""Guest""
I just wish there was video of what goes on when staff know they are not on camera. Think about it, they know they were being filmed and let this all continue. Think long and hard about that one parents!!

Because I assure you, this is nothing but a light preview of what is to come for you kid if you send them to a shithole program and they resist the intrusive brainwashing. So what it is parents, do you want a submissive kid willing to spout off rhetoric on command, or an independent human being with a healthy soul???

After the director yells "Cut":  They all go into the make-up tent and then the food tent while some of them brush up on their holds and take downs.

Fuck off you sanctimonious prick!  You have no idea what it's like to be one of those kids on the floor, or to have to see and hear that for hours on end.  It ain't no fucking joke asshole. ::fuckoff::
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
The Who
« Reply #496 on: January 11, 2007, 08:18:51 PM »
Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""
I just wish there was video of what goes on when staff know they are not on camera. Think about it, they know they were being filmed and let this all continue. Think long and hard about that one parents!!

Because I assure you, this is nothing but a light preview of what is to come for you kid if you send them to a shithole program and they resist the intrusive brainwashing. So what it is parents, do you want a submissive kid willing to spout off rhetoric on command, or an independent human being with a healthy soul???

After the director yells "Cut":  They all go into the make-up tent and then the food tent while some of them brush up on their holds and take downs.

Fuck off you sanctimonious prick!  You have no idea what it's like to be one of those kids on the floor, or to have to see and hear that for hours on end.  It ain't no fucking joke asshole. ::fuckoff::

You guys really believe everything you see on TV!!  You really believe that crap.  Its television folks !!  If it was real it would be on PBS as a documentary , but if any of it is staged or set up it cant be classified as a documentary.
If I tried to back my position up based on a TV show I watched you wouldn?t accept it either and I wouldn?t blame you.  I am not insensitive to kids getting hurt, I have never watched the series you are talking about.
Many of you really need to put things in better perspective.  I know you are looking to back up your cause, but jeez dont use a TV show.  Do you think "Real World" is real?  You dont realize they prod them with sticks or throw fuel on the fire to liven things up a little and boast the ratings?  That cant be a documentary either.
Sorry if I hurt anyones feelings

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Who
« Reply #497 on: January 11, 2007, 08:19:43 PM »
Quote from: ""Tokenstein""
Is there a discount version available? We are kind of short on funds...
Fuck no, buddy... you gotta pay top dollar for our professioal treatment. ... :rofl:

:rofl:  ::bwahaha::  :skull:  ::puke::

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
The Who
« Reply #498 on: January 11, 2007, 08:22:27 PM »
To tell you the truth I really dont know. When I got the call that she had run away my mind was going a mile a minute, wondering if she was safe!! But it turned out she was just heading up the road and a counselor was trying to talk her back. (which he eventually did after about a mile out) We spoke for about an hour on the phone and she agreed to stay under the condition that she would be kicked out if she ran again. I didnt threaten her with any type of punishment as I remember. She told me later that I was really mad and asked her to try to get focused. She and I had a pact that if at anytime she didnt feel safe anywhere all she had to do is call me and say "I want you to come and get me". This was established when she was home and I told her if she called, there would be no questions asked (for that one night). So I knew everyday that she was in a safe place. Not sure what we would have done if she did get kicked out, probably try another place, different stategy.

It wouldn't of been hard for that male counselor to push your daughter into the bushes and attack her and scare her into keeping quiet. How would you feel about this program if that happened to your daughter? It's happened before. Does it bother you at all that you willingly put your daughter in that kind of situation? Or does it make you warm and fuzzy down below, come sit in papas lap kind of happy?

Sounds like you think she was more at risk at a TBS vs a public school system which has oversight where teachers rape the kids, drugs are everywhere, kids are getting shot....  TBS...Public school...TBS....Public school.. which should I choose.  Hmmmm  Tough choice.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Who
« Reply #499 on: January 11, 2007, 08:23:43 PM »

You guys really believe everything you see on TV!! You really believe that crap. Its television folks !! If it was real it would be on PBS as a documentary , but if any of it is staged or set up it cant be classified as a documentary.
If I tried to back my position up based on a TV show I watched you wouldn?t accept it either and I wouldn?t blame you. I am not insensitive to kids getting hurt, I have never watched the series you are talking about.
Many of you really need to put things in better perspective. I know you are looking to back up your cause, but jeez dont use a TV show. Do you think "Real World" is real? You dont realize they prod them with sticks or throw fuel on the fire to liven things up a little and boast the ratings? That cant be a documentary either.

Eyes shut, self preserved. You are the typical Amerikun we run into on a daily basis, it's not unique it's the most common reaction I get actually. "What you say CAN'T be true, someone would have stopped it already!" There is really only one response to this kind of ignorance.

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Who
« Reply #500 on: January 11, 2007, 08:25:35 PM »

Sounds like you think she was more at risk at a TBS vs a public school system which has oversight where teachers rape the kids, drugs are everywhere, kids are getting shot.... TBS...Public school...TBS....Public school.. which should I choose. Hmmmm Tough choice.

Been there done that, you keep believing what you need to believe man. I know it's got to be hard for you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Who
« Reply #501 on: January 11, 2007, 08:32:04 PM »
I am not insensitive to kids getting hurt

Yes, you are. Do you think that girl screaming was acting?

Offline Ganja

• View Profile
The Who
« Reply #502 on: January 11, 2007, 08:33:43 PM »

Yes, you are. Do you think that girl screaming was acting?

I didn't think she was acting.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Who
« Reply #503 on: January 11, 2007, 08:36:18 PM »
Neither do I. If she was, she is going to be a millionaire hollyward star because that was riveting, heartbreaking and symbolic. Look at the staff members, the other kids... is that the place where this who character sent his kid?

Fuck. I'd be ashamed too..

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
The Who
« Reply #504 on: January 11, 2007, 08:36:43 PM »
Sounds like you think she was more at risk at a TBS vs a public school system which has oversight where teachers rape the kids, drugs are everywhere, kids are getting shot.... TBS...Public school...TBS....Public school.. which should I choose. Hmmmm Tough choice.

Who this is a very very simple concept. BACK UP YOUR FUCKING CLAIMS People come on here (with the exception of idiot trolls like you) for either one of two reasons. They either come to dispense information, or to gain it. When you come on here spouting off your misinformation pretending to know something about a field you not only know nothing about, but aren't interested in learning more about you only hurt and confuse the people who come here seeking information. If you believe the TBS industry is a good thing with more positive attributes than negative ones fine. Simply back up your claims when you state things to be factual. If you can't do that state things like "If I had to guess", because that's all it is. It is obvious YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT Case in point, the above claim is so far off base it's ridiculus. The percentage  of kids abused, raped, or on drugs in TBS is astronomically higher than that of public schools.

Face facts, you are wrong.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
The Who
« Reply #505 on: January 11, 2007, 08:37:45 PM »
Here is another opinion besides my own:

Well put, Soo!

I can't understand why these parents signed their kids up for a reality show in the first place. Have these people never SEEN reality TV? Of COURSE they're going to show only the juicy side of the story, make participants look bad, etc. - that's what gets people to tune in!!

I can't think of a single reality show that hasn't somehow exploited its participants Even the Amazing Race (which I like and see as the best of the worst) makes sure viewers see all the fights and sneakiness.

Besides, where were all those people who now cry "social responsibility" when that awful "Littlest Groom" show aired?

Offline egypt has pyramids

• View Profile
The Who
« Reply #506 on: January 11, 2007, 08:41:32 PM »
TheWho:

Do you believe the girl screaming was acting? Yes or no.

Do you believe the staff memeber who was quoted as saying
"I CAN MAKE IT HURT!"  as they girl was screaming on the floor, was acting? Yes or no.

Would you be offended if the girl in the video was your daughter? Yes or no.

These are simple questions.
f everybody looked the same we\'d get tired of looking at each other

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
The Who
« Reply #507 on: January 11, 2007, 08:44:57 PM »
Here is another opinion besides my own:

No, I don't doubt that the producers decided to use that piece of footage over some mundane event.  That doesn't change the fact that what you saw is pretty much SOP for these places.  Isolation and coersion.... either mental, physical or emotional.  Same shit, different day.  Do you really think that didn't hurt?

The fundamentals of this type of "therapy" have not changed.  It's wrong.  It's dangerous.  And it needs to stop.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Ganja

• View Profile
The Who
« Reply #508 on: January 11, 2007, 08:45:31 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest420""
TheWho:

Do you believe the girl screaming was acting? Yes or no.

Do you believe the staff memeber who was quoted as saying
"I CAN MAKE IT HURT!"  as they girl was screaming on the floor, was acting? Yes or no.

Would you be offended if the girl in the video was your daughter? Yes or no.

These are simple questions.

Thank you, 420.

Yes/no questions, Who..

Go!!

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
The Who
« Reply #509 on: January 11, 2007, 08:49:21 PM »
You guys really believe everything you see on TV!! You really believe that crap. Its television folks !! If it was real it would be on PBS as a documentary

Sooo by that rational something on a show like dateline would be classified as a comedy?

If I tried to back my position up based on a TV show I watched you wouldn?t accept it either and I wouldn?t blame you

It would probably depend on the program. If you cited (something you'd never do as you see no need for you to cite sources) something on say 20/20 it would probably be accepted. This versus something you saw on Samford and Son not being accepted.

Yes you are. You made that clear by dismissing the youtube video's.

have never watched the series you are talking about.

Really? Well then case fucking closed I guess. You cannot dismiss something out of hand without having seen it to begin with. Dumbass. Why don't you watch it first then decide whether or not it's credible. There's no further need for you to speak on this matter until you watch the show.

Many of you really need to put things in better perspective. I know you are looking to back up your cause, but jeez dont use a TV show. Do you think "Real World" is real? You dont realize they prod them with sticks or throw fuel on the fire to liven things up a little and boast the ratings? That cant be a documentary either.

This again coming from the guy who refuses to back up a single one of his claims. Until you do we are free to argue any claim with you that comes to mind. There is no need to back it up or discriminate between sources. See watch this: In a recent survey 90% of TBS grads reported being abused while in their respective schools. My source need not be named. The fact stands.

Either back up your claims or shut the fuck up and move on. You add nothing to the conversation but humor at your own expense.

I will admit my sides hurt from laughing at you all the time, and I've probably said the phrase,"He can't be that stupid." several times over the past few days. Otherwise you've affected nothing for me.