Author Topic: The Who  (Read 568839 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Who
« Reply #480 on: January 11, 2007, 05:56:40 PM »
Quote from: ""toker""
Quote from: ""Guest""
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN0fRnnq3bA

Watched this one again. What I didn't notice the first time around, look how young the kids or "counselors" on each side of her look! LOL They look like fucking high school kids! They look like they are not having any fun. Everyone, prospective staff, parents kids.. fucking run from this industry as fast as you can!
Creepy how that one kid's down under the log to get out of the rain and singing to herself while she waits for them to "bring lucy around."

that chick screaming reminds me of my sister and this all brings back memories of my yonger years.. i cant stand people who scream like that now it drives me up the fucking wall. I was just like that kid sitting by the log just hoping it would end. hardly therapeutic environment, geesh. look at 26 seconds in, the dog on the right.. he gives a classic dog look like "WTF is wrong with you crazy humans?!"  :rofl:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Who
« Reply #481 on: January 11, 2007, 06:01:19 PM »
I just wish there was video of what goes on when staff know they are not on camera. Think about it, they know they were being filmed and let this all continue. Think long and hard about that one parents!!

Because I assure you, this is nothing but a light preview of what is to come for you kid if you send them to a shithole program and they resist the intrusive brainwashing. So what it is parents, do you want a submissive kid willing to spout off rhetoric on command, or an independent human being with a healthy soul???

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Who
« Reply #482 on: January 11, 2007, 06:04:27 PM »
So what it is parents, do you want a submissive kid willing to spout off rhetoric on command, or an independent human being with a healthy soul???

The former, please.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Who
« Reply #483 on: January 11, 2007, 06:23:17 PM »
Quote from: ""Average Program Parent""
So what it is parents, do you want a submissive kid willing to spout off rhetoric on command, or an independent human being with a healthy soul???

The former, please.

One Clockwork Orange coming up....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Who
« Reply #484 on: January 11, 2007, 06:32:21 PM »
Is there a discount version available? We are kind of short on funds...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Who
« Reply #485 on: January 11, 2007, 06:37:52 PM »
Is there a discount version available? We are kind of short on funds...

Fuck no, buddy... you gotta pay top dollar for our professioal treatment. ... :rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Who
« Reply #486 on: January 11, 2007, 06:42:50 PM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
Quote from: ""TOKER""
How about that 'deluxe edition' release of Live at Leeds, Who?

Is that some good live playing, or what?? Goddam, but The Who could fuckin'  jam! :smokin:

There's a lot of good music on those two CDs that was left off of the original LP release way back when. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the vinyl medium as much as the next old dude but this is a damned good "record" here. If you haven't heard it yet, you neeed to, Who.  :rofl:

I havent heard the Delux edition, just purchased the full DVD collection of ?Led Zepplin? a couple of weeks ago, I haven?t heard Album I in years.

The Who could Jam, I caught them at the Spectrum in Philadelphia in 1973, I think.  It was their Quadraphenia tour, They cranked ?The real me? for about 30 minutes, I think, My generation, The sea.  When they finished up, no one screamed for an encore but just sat there silent for 10 minutes and lit what ever they had, lighter, candle etc. and finally the keyboard started on a dark stage and he played a 10 minute 20 minute intro to ?Wont be fooled again? then one by one ,Townsend, Entwistle came on stage, slow spotlight on Moon and  finally Daltry came flying across the stage on his knees screaming.  It was unbelievable.  It wasn?t my top concert but definitely top 5.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
The Who
« Reply #487 on: January 11, 2007, 07:30:12 PM »
I just wish there was video of what goes on when staff know they are not on camera. Think about it, they know they were being filmed and let this all continue. Think long and hard about that one parents!!

Because I assure you, this is nothing but a light preview of what is to come for you kid if you send them to a shithole program and they resist the intrusive brainwashing. So what it is parents, do you want a submissive kid willing to spout off rhetoric on command, or an independent human being with a healthy soul???

After the director yells "Cut":  They all go into the make-up tent and then the food tent while some of them brush up on their holds and take downs.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
The Who
« Reply #488 on: January 11, 2007, 07:41:31 PM »
Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""

Talk to her, her counselor and the school and determine the next best step.  It would not be a happy time for any of us.

Jesus Christ this is like pulling teeth.   :roll:

What would the next best step have been?  What would her options have been?

To tell you the truth I really dont know.  When I got the call that she had run away my mind was going a mile a minute, wondering if she was safe!!  But it turned out she was just heading up the road and a counselor was trying to talk her back. (which he eventually did after about a mile out)  We spoke for about an hour on the phone and she agreed to stay under the condition that she would be kicked out if she ran again.  I didnt threaten her with any type of punishment as I remember.  She told me later that I was really mad and asked her to try to get focused.  She and I had a pact that if at anytime she didnt feel safe anywhere all she had to do is call me and say "You need to come and get me".  This was established when she was home and I told her if she called, there would be no questions asked (for that one night).  So I knew everyday that she was in a safe place.  Not sure what we would have done if she did get kicked out, probably try another place, different stategy.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Who
« Reply #489 on: January 11, 2007, 07:43:14 PM »

After the director yells "Cut":  They all go into the make-up tent and then the food tent while some of them brush up on their holds and take downs.

Yes this is all so funny.  ::noway::  ::puke::

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
The Who
« Reply #490 on: January 11, 2007, 07:46:41 PM »
Cindy we all know you find child abuse to be hysterical, again that's why your daughter hates you and has designs to kill you. I'm still wondering though can you back up any of your claims made on here in the past week?

Yes or no?

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
Re: TBS Safety
« Reply #491 on: January 11, 2007, 07:47:28 PM »
Which Aspen Camp did thoses shots come from?  What time frame?Everyone in both clips have British accents..... Hmmmm.

The industry as a whole has been thriving and improving.  When I left in June we were in a discussion on the improvements made at one of the TBS (ASR) and how successful their graduates were.  There just isn?t any mounting evidence, none, that I have seen.  I have read accounts of kids that faired poorly and some that got hurt.  But this applies to all institutions that oversee children.  Our own public school system is standing by allowing our kids to get raped by teachers, beat up by classmates and shot?? The rape is probably not all reported either, just the tip of the ice berg and this is happening within systems designed to keep our kids safe and have multiple levels of oversight.

The problems TBS's are experiencing pales in comparison.  The kids are being sent there to keep them safe and get them back on track and it is working!!!  Kids get turned around and get back on track.  Not all schools employ the best people or procedures and I would not recommend them and in the same way I would not recommend sending your kids to some public school systems.  I expect that parents review each school before choosing the best place for thier child.

I would think if there was a lot of abuse going on we would be seeing tons of it on utube via camera phones etc.  Counselors have phones and most would not tolerate any of this and would document and turn someone in in a heart beat because they care about the kids.  Between the internet and the advances in media/communication I would expect if there is a growing problem it would be all around and in our faces, this stuff gets out, it just does.  Thousands of kids are experiencing these schools and we have 2 utube clips which don?t appear to be even shot in the US.  I think this speaks volumes for how safe these kids are in the TBS environment at the present time!!

What is your opinion on global warming? I know some people who seem to think there is not enough evidence. They refuse to acknowledge somthing the entire global community of scientists has accepted as fact.

Seriously, you sound naive. Go and read up on any human rights organizations and see how difficult it is for them to gather the evidence and proof of human rights violations. They spend months, sometimes years, and risk their lives just to locate the scenes of massacres so they can uncover the bodies to prove that these already known events actually happened. I'm not talking about isolated instances, but systemic practices like the genocide in Serbia, and the rapes in Dafur. Human rights are not abused in front of cameras at conveniently filmable locations. They take place in concealed or remote places, like wildnerness areas or locked down buildings. The victims are rarely allowed to record the moment.

Staff members think this treatment is okay. They are one's applying it. They are not going to report it, because they don't think it is wrong. They don't care about the kids either. It's just a job. They don't know these kids. Don't confuse a minimum wage job with a noble cause. Did you miss the Milgram experiment?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

And what is all this utter nonsense you are spouting about the public school system? I fail to see any mounting evidence where public schools are 'standing by and allowing' kids to be abused and raped.

Your statements regarding public schools are completely baseless. You really need to turn off Fox News so that you can see reality. Stop listening to Bill O'Reilly and daytime talk show hosts. These people lie and distort to generate fear based ratings.[/i]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Who
« Reply #492 on: January 11, 2007, 07:49:05 PM »
This parent is not naive. He probably beats off to those youtube videos.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
The Who
« Reply #493 on: January 11, 2007, 07:58:58 PM »
That and Animal Planet, he loves small woodland animals hates his daughter (she feels the same) and is the dumbest person alive.

Cindy can you back up any of your claims made on here in the past week?

Yes or no?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Who
« Reply #494 on: January 11, 2007, 08:00:01 PM »
To tell you the truth I really dont know. When I got the call that she had run away my mind was going a mile a minute, wondering if she was safe!! But it turned out she was just heading up the road and a counselor was trying to talk her back. (which he eventually did after about a mile out) We spoke for about an hour on the phone and she agreed to stay under the condition that she would be kicked out if she ran again. I didnt threaten her with any type of punishment as I remember. She told me later that I was really mad and asked her to try to get focused. She and I had a pact that if at anytime she didnt feel safe anywhere all she had to do is call me and say "I want you to come and get me". This was established when she was home and I told her if she called, there would be no questions asked (for that one night). So I knew everyday that she was in a safe place. Not sure what we would have done if she did get kicked out, probably try another place, different stategy.

It wouldn't of been hard for that male counselor to push your daughter into the bushes and attack her and scare her into keeping quiet. How would you feel about this program if that happened to your daughter? It's happened before. Does it bother you at all that you willingly put your daughter in that kind of situation? Or does it make you warm and fuzzy down below, come sit in papas lap kind of happy?