Author Topic: Challenge for Wilderness Supporters  (Read 20663 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Challenge for Wilderness Supporters
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2006, 10:12:00 AM »
What you feel the need to do periodically is to make sure everyone knows your wonderful qualifications to be an asshole.
Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? You seem to be in attack mode.  It seems that you have been very quiet about HLA lately?  Did someone slap your wrist?  Did Stevie get in trouble?
Oops- Stevie feels insecure so it is time to drag out the Karen-stuff again.
You are so transparent, Steve.  What a joke.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2006, 10:25:00 AM »
Well okay, DJ, what is your experience with SUWS and ASR? and which programs did you attend again?

Well I read your posts and to boil it down, you have no experience with these two programs by your own accord and have never attended any program what so ever.
I think most of us knew this but we just wanted to hear it from you.
We all have been educated to some degree and most of us know the programs first hand and know people who have attended them.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2006, 10:30:00 AM »
It seems that you have been very quiet about HLA lately? Did someone slap your wrist?

Not at all.  The legal process is working - the wheels grind slowly as the saying goes.

Being exposed as ignorants really makes some of you angry.  Look to yourself and correct your deficiencies.  Why get all testy with me?  You should be mad at yourself for being unable to respond intelligently and having to resort to raw speculations and completely false accusations.  You only demean yourself.

Refute what I say or move on.  I didn't attack you - I don't even know who you are (just as you don't know me).  Why are you so heavily invested in me personally?  Just because you can't support an argument?  Pretty silly and childish.  Grow up, log in and get a grip.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2006, 10:36:00 AM »
On 2006-06-21 07:25:00, TheWho wrote:

"
Well okay, DJ, what is your experience with SUWS and ASR? and which programs did you attend again?

Well I read your posts and to boil it down, you have no experience with these two programs by your own accord and have never attended any program what so ever.

I think most of us knew this but we just wanted to hear it from you.

We all have been educated to some degree and most of us know the programs first hand and know people who have attended them."

I have no experience taking complaints from callers either, but I don't try to challenge your area of expertise, do I?  I leave customer service to you, leave the heavy lifting to me.  You're just not qualified to assess the programs by education or experience.

Once again, I have worked thousands of hours inside of programs and with clients who needed real care after being in them.  

You have how many years of experience working inside programs?  Ah, yes, none.  You have what education in mental health?  Oops, none again.  You are licensed to practice therapy?  Uh, no again.

C'mon, Who, you're not fooling anyone here.

Here's your MO:

"Blather, rinse, repeat."

You're like a broken record.  You have absolutely no qualifications whatsoever to make judgements about mental hygiene, Who.  Let's just leave it at that.

Let's move on.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline wild fig

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2006, 10:36:00 AM »
"This guy is as obtuse and ignorant as they come,"

Sorry DJ, you are attacking him.  You always do.[ This Message was edited by: wild fig on 2006-06-21 07:38 ]

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »
Okay, DJ, why do you get so angry when someone talks about your qualifications?  Are you presently working in the field or did they reject your expertise?  Is that why you keep attacking everyone?
Everyone on fornits has equal footing, you are not above anyone here.  If you truly want to have everyone view only your opinion you should start a Blog.  Then no one can challenge your position and you may be happier and able to keep your anger in check.  You really need to learn that you merely hold one opinion/ one position and there are many others who are just as passionate as you are, try to get use to it and debate the issues like the educated person you claim to be.

You make statements based on assumptions, like you believe I work in Customer Service.  I don?t work in Customer Service, although they do work a heck of a lot harder than I do and serve an important function and collectively add more value to our companies than I do on a daily bases.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2006, 11:14:00 AM »
On 2006-06-21 07:36:00, wild fig wrote:

"

"This guy is as obtuse and ignorant as they come,"

Sorry DJ, you are attacking him.  You always do.[ This Message was edited by: wild fig on 2006-06-21 07:38 ]"

I'm sure he's a nice enough guy but his being ignorant and obtuse are observations about his own statements.  I'm just pointing it out.

Those are my conclusions based on his statements, not his person.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline wild fig

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2006, 11:24:00 AM »
DJ,

You often attack the person.  I guess I could spend the afternoon digging up your posts but I disinclined to pour through all of your rantings and ravings.  Two examples that do come to mind: your obvious distaste for women in general and your chauvinistic response to one poster- you called that person an hysterical housewife and then accused that person of being a drunk- and, your tasteless racial slurs.  Those are just two examples I remember seeing that were truly personal.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2006, 11:27:00 AM »
You really need to learn that you merely hold one opinion/ one position and there are many others who are just as passionate as you are...

You sound just like the people who believe in intelligent design or that the world is flat.

What you fail to recognize is that my "opinion," as you state, is the prevailing view of professionals around the world, just like evolution and the spherical globe.

Sure, you have crackpots that state otherwise based on no facts or evidence whatsoever and in complete contradiction to established scientific fact.  Those people are wrong, just as you are.

"Passion" has no bearing on fact.  I understand that you want to make it an emotional event when you try to argue your point, exactly as programs do.  You (and they) appeal to the lower brain with emotional anecdotes that wither under scientific scrutiny.  Again, I'm sorry, but your opinion and emotional appeals don't hold water.  Until I see evidence to the contrary, I will continue to trust my own education and experience and the prepondrance of the established evidence.

Everyone on fornits has equal footing...

This is as obvious a fallacy as you've ever posted.  Is this really what you believe?  C'mon, Who, get real.  This is completely nonsensical.

-Arnold Schopenhauer[ This Message was edited by: Dysfunction Junction on 2006-06-21 08:31 ]
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2006, 11:47:00 AM »
WHO: I am a woman, and a housewife, and I have read most of DJ's postings--and I don't have the opinion that he dislikes or insults women.
You DO NOT SPEAK for us women-folk.
So, speak for yourself, OK?

Offline wild fig

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2006, 11:51:00 AM »
On 2006-06-21 08:47:00, Anonymous wrote:

"WHO: I am a woman, and a housewife, and I have read most of DJ's postings--and I don't have the opinion that he dislikes or insults women.

So, speak for yourself, OK?"

I wrote that, not Who.  And, I wasn't speaking for you only myself.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2006, 11:59:00 AM »
Thanks, I knew what you meant[ This Message was edited by: TheWho on 2006-06-21 09:15 ]

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2006, 12:14:00 PM »
DJ Wrote:
What you fail to recognize is that my "opinion," as you state, is the prevailing view of professionals around the world, just like evolution and the spherical globe.

Like evolution and the spherical globe, hmmm.
Wow, you are full of yourself.  You are so wrong, you cant see beyond your own nose.
The overwhelming majority of professionals believe these schools are making a big difference in these kids lives and are responsible for turning them around and getting them on track.  The professionals are the ones recommending these places, DJ, many cant be accepted without their consent.  Pull your head out of HLA long enough to look around.

Sure, you have crackpots that state otherwise based on no facts or evidence whatsoever and in complete contradiction to established scientific fact. Those people are wrong, just as you are.

Hmm, okay

"Passion" has no bearing on fact. I understand that you want to make it an emotional event when you try to argue your point, exactly as programs do. You (and they) appeal to the lower brain with emotional anecdotes that wither under scientific scrutiny. Again, I'm sorry, but your opinion and emotional appeals don't hold water. Until I see evidence to the contrary, I will continue to trust my own education and experience and the prepondrance of the established evidence.

?..and just continue to stay fast and believe that, DJ, the rest of us will continue to educate ourselves, and move forward.

And yes I believe we are all on equal footing and have a right to state our opinions from our own experiences.  If you want to believe you are above everyone else, good luck, I feel bad for you, there are many people posting on fornits who you could learn from if you would open your mind and listen.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2006, 12:15:00 PM »
On 2006-06-21 08:47:00, Anonymous wrote:

"WHO: I am a woman, and a housewife, and I have read most of DJ's postings--and I don't have the opinion that he dislikes or insults women.

So, speak for yourself, OK?"

For the record, I love women.  I love their subtleties and complexity and the gentle demeanor some of them have that I envy greatly.  I'm certainly not a misogynist.  One post where I said someone sounded like a hysterical housewife hardly a misogynist makes.  That's just a lame duck and a red herring.

That being said...  Making the topic into a referendum on me is just a tactic to derail the debate by some who cannot support their untenable positions.  The Who does this regularly and "Wild Fig" (or whatever she calls herself today - she uses several different login names as well as posting anon) just can't get any story straight on any subject and is a classic polemicist.

Let's get back to the topic.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline wild fig

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2006, 12:18:00 PM »
Here we go again!  I used to get abused for not having a login-  now I do, and I'm still being accused of posting anon.  I do not post anon because I don't want to be mistaken for some of the crackpots around here.