Author Topic: Academy at Swift River - Information Needed - IMPORTANT  (Read 17194 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Academy at Swift River - Information Needed - IMPORTANT
« Reply #180 on: June 29, 2006, 01:33:00 AM »
I think that it is funny that now they are trying to dismiss studies that are 5 years old. A long time ago they tried to discredit the original Straight/Ceduites as being 20-30 years ago...then it was the ones that were 10 years ago (what could they possibly know :roll: ) Then it's 5 years ago and now...even mentioning themselves :roll:  so they have  conveniently found a way to dismiss even the newest graduates complaints because "things have changed" :roll:

not to mention...by the "programmies" timeline...and per their information...if things in fact have "improved" :roll: in recent months...then admittedly there must have been something regarding the LGAT's that needed changing due to the overexposure here and other sites...so then theWho's "supposed" daughter (questionable as her existence might be)...would have attended during a time when BAD THERAPY was being administered yet he/she still backs it.

You program schills/ed cons/parents seeking referral fees etc. are blindly misguided into thinking that you are dealing with a bunch of young punks on this site that cannot see through all of your contradictory and vague statements and answers.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 29, 2006, 10:23:00 AM »
ding dong, you're wrong. You wanted updated info. I was trying to help. Call me a parent programee.
I am NOT an ed-con or an employee.
It is clear that you you are not interested in my opinion of what is curerently going on. If
G-d forbid the program wants to change for the better (and yes there were studies done, you blast them. They cannot do right by you guys. Why does everything have to have an alterior motive with you guys.
And don't twist around the words regarding therapist vs counselors- the counselors ARE the therapists with damn good credentials. The head residential mentor who deals with life during the afternoon and evening are also qualified. Some of the mentors are not overly qualified.  ANd as for the academics being a joke, they most certainly are not! Will he go to Harvard from here, no, he woudn't from any program. Is he learning, absolutely! Some of the seasoned, qualified teachers have left for variuous reasons unrelated to the job. Academics are important at ASR- could they better absolutely. But they are working on this as well.Between your fault in LGAT,s, staff compentency, academic compentency, food and consequences you attack everything at one time. Rome wasn't biult in a day. I was here to help, not get blasted. I didn't realize that Deborah or DJ didn't believe me either. Thanks for bring so open minded and remiding me that we are here solely for amusement and to be abused. Adious

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 29, 2006, 10:30:00 AM »
"I hear that, and I?m not sure a ?parent? is qualified to answer technical questions, but what the hey."

Oh, but you are qualified? Are only disgruntled parents qualified to speak on this subject?

Also, studies and programs techniques go stale.   In the medical industry, scientists are continuously improving life-saving equipment to save people.  Pacemakers are better this year than they were last year.  My Father's pacemaker is last year's model-  he's living a great life with last year's model but doesn't find it necessary to rip it out and put in the new model.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 29, 2006, 10:34:00 AM »
To the anonymous ASR poster:  Don't let them chase you away.  Turn a deaf ear (blind eye  :smile:) to their rantings and attacks and say what I want you to say.  It's important to keep balance here- not that 99% of parents truly seeking advice about programs take them seriously.  Your positive stories do offer hope to a few.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 29, 2006, 10:42:00 AM »
On 2006-06-29 07:34:00, Anonymous wrote:

"To the anonymous ASR poster:  Don't let them chase you away.  Turn a deaf ear (blind eye  :smile:) to their rantings and attacks and say what I want you to say.  It's important to keep balance here- not that 99% of parents truly seeking advice about programs take them seriously.  Your positive stories do offer hope to a few.  "

Interesting,  I wrote "say what you want to say" and my post was mysteriously edited to read "say what I want you to say".  In any case, your experiences are valuable to a few around here.  But, I don't blame you for leaving.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 29, 2006, 11:14:00 AM »
On 2006-06-29 07:23:00, Anonymous wrote:

"ding dong, you're wrong. You wanted updated info. I was trying to help. Call me a parent programee.

I am NOT an ed-con or an employee.

It is clear that you you are not interested in my opinion of what is curerently going on. If

G-d forbid the program wants to change for the better (and yes there were studies done, you blast them. They cannot do right by you guys. Why does everything have to have an alterior motive with you guys.

And don't twist around the words regarding therapist vs counselors- the counselors ARE the therapists with damn good credentials. The head residential mentor who deals with life during the afternoon and evening are also qualified. Some of the mentors are not overly qualified.  ANd as for the academics being a joke, they most certainly are not! Will he go to Harvard from here, no, he woudn't from any program. Is he learning, absolutely! Some of the seasoned, qualified teachers have left for variuous reasons unrelated to the job. Academics are important at ASR- could they better absolutely. But they are working on this as well.Between your fault in LGAT,s, staff compentency, academic compentency, food and consequences you attack everything at one time. Rome wasn't biult in a day. I was here to help, not get blasted. I didn't realize that Deborah or DJ didn't believe me either. Thanks for bring so open minded and remiding me that we are here solely for amusement and to be abused. Adious"

The "counselors" are the "therapists"?  Hmmm...  Not according to their website.  If this is so, then ASR is certainly operating outside of the law because there are at least two counselors with no degree at all and not a single one of them is licensed to provide services.  This is very troubling.

Of course Rome wasn't built in a day, but ASR has been open for ten years operating outside the spirit and letter of the law.  This is a problem.  For years ASR and its supporters have been saying "we're changing for the better."  However, there are still no licensed or credentialed teachers, with some having no education whatsoever and no licensed counselors, some of whom have no degree whatsoever, much less "damn good credentials."  Every single one of these people would be legally barred from hanging a shingle in the real world.  What benchmark are you using to determine that they are "damn good"?  That just doesn't float.

So, I do appreciate your input, but it doesn't seem to jive with reality.

As for your leaving, that's your choice.  I will also note that I haven't been rude, treated you shabbily or otherwise been out of line in any way.  You do share a common characteristsic with other program supporters:  you are unable to support your opinion with facts.  When you challenged with a rational, fact-based analysis of your assertions, you cut and run while blaming others for your actions ("I didn't come here to get blasted!").  Nobody is "blasting" you.  We have legitimate concerns about ASR ans you have provided no evidence that those concerns are not valid.  In fact, you have shown those concerns to be valid and ongoing currently.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 29, 2006, 11:51:00 AM »
On 2006-06-29 07:30:00, Anonymous wrote:

""I hear that, and I?m not sure a ?parent? is qualified to answer technical questions, but what the hey."

Oh, but you are qualified? Are only disgruntled parents qualified to speak on this subject?

Also, studies and programs techniques go stale."

I would like for you to note and admit that I have not made any personal claims about ASR. Every comment I make is based on what Aspen has written, what Shapiro and Marcus wrote, and comments of survivors.
What I hear from the person that is supposed to be a parent expert is, "I think", "I'll have to check", "they just changed that", "I'll have to read that", "other's vocabulary offends me, so I'm out of here".
I think it's interesting that program parents are so easily offended by words written in a forum. How quick they are to run away when things aren't to their liking. It makes sense that parenting teens would be difficult (impossible) for them, and why programs are appealing. They lump everyone together and slam the forum as a whole.
Your perogative to stay or leave. But one thing you can count on, you can't control others. If the program was worth a grain of salt it would have taught you that.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline wild fig

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 29, 2006, 11:53:00 AM »
DJ,

They are blasting her and every parent who unsuspectingly comes here and tries to speak to the goodness of ASR or any program for that matter.  YOU might not be blasting her but your cronies are.  Before TSW got his head up his butt he used to discredit the foolishness of Luke/Paul, etc. I don't see you doing that.  

I really do think you want ASR to be a bad place to prove your point.  I doubt you truly care about the kids that are there now as long as you are "right."

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 29, 2006, 12:12:00 PM »
On 2006-06-29 08:53:00, wild fig wrote:

"DJ,

They are blasting her and every parent who unsuspectingly comes here and tries to speak to the goodness of ASR or any program for that matter.  YOU might not be blasting her but your cronies are.  Before TSW got his head up his butt he used to discredit the foolishness of Luke/Paul, etc. I don't see you doing that.  

I really do think you want ASR to be a bad place to prove your point.  I doubt you truly care about the kids that are there now as long as you are "right."  "

Well, you're wrong.

Those kids should not be there.  It is an inappropriate environment with piss-poor staff for teachers and counselors.  Anyone with half a brain can see this and make the same conclusions.  Counselors and teachers with no dgrees whatsover is outrageous and a complete slap in the face to the kids that are warehoused in that subpar environment.

I don't waste my time responding to people who detract from the discussion - I'm humoring you just this once - so going around "discrediting" other poster's "foolishness" is not an objective of mine.  If others want to do it, that's fine, too.

Now, back to the subject of Wild Fig.  Your opinion means little due to the fact that you are duplicitous.  If you can't be honest about your posts and multiple identities/stories, you can't be taken seriously.

So, until you clean up your own back yard, your thoughts don't much matter to me.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 29, 2006, 12:30:00 PM »
On 2006-06-29 08:53:00, wild fig wrote:

"DJ,

I really do think you want ASR to be a bad place to prove your point.  I doubt you truly care about the kids that are there now as long as you are "right."  "

Excuse me Fig, but SO WHAT? Do you believe that there aren't program supporters "blasting" survivors straight out or anonymously?
This is about the time I would like to have all programmies anon posts linked to a user name and/or assigned to one. I'm sure you'd like that, fig.

TheWho did his share until he got outed. Ottawa5 and her sidekicks, Karen, all guilty of the same.
I think you all need to be outed.

You can go over to ST and play the pretentious little game of "We're better than the scum at Fornits", but the fact remains, some of you are as "junenile and immature" as you claim those here to be.

A pathetic bunch of helpless victims. Victims of your kids, victims of words that offend you, victim of "blasting". Every outspoken advocate here has at one time or another been bashed, slandered, harrassed, threatened with slap suits, you name it. Use the scroll button, grow another layer of skin and stop the incessant whining and complaining.

If I ran this forum, all of ya'lls posts would be strung together. A "consequence" for your elistist, pretentious, decpetive "behaviors".
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline wild fig

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 29, 2006, 12:39:00 PM »
I'm not posting to get a response from you. What a coincidence, your thoughts mean absolutely nothing to me as well.  It's hard for anyone to take you seriously when you make broad, sweeping assumptions.  

Your argument is a lot like this:

DJ: Cancer kills.

Parent:  I had skin cancer once, it was removed and now I'm well.

DJ:  All the studies say that cancer kills, you are wrong.

Parent:  But the Dr. says I'm fine, I just have to watch my sun exposure.

DJ:  Your Dr. is a quack.  If he were a real Dr. he would tell you that cancer kills you ignoramous.

Offline wild fig

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 29, 2006, 12:41:00 PM »
Deborah,

I don't go to Struggling Teens- that's not why I'm here.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 29, 2006, 12:46:00 PM »
On 2006-06-29 09:39:00, wild fig wrote:

"I'm not posting to get a response from you. What a coincidence, your thoughts mean absolutely nothing to me as well.  It's hard for anyone to take you seriously when you make broad, sweeping assumptions.  

Your argument is a lot like this:

DJ: Cancer kills.

Parent:  I had skin cancer once, it was removed and now I'm well.

DJ:  All the studies say that cancer kills, you are wrong.

Parent:  But the Dr. says I'm fine, I just have to watch my sun exposure.

DJ:  Your Dr. is a quack.  If he were a real Dr. he would tell you that cancer kills you ignoramous."

Want me to let everyone know what your story is like, Fig?  Hmmm?
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline wild fig

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 29, 2006, 12:50:00 PM »
Playing program intimidation games again DJ.  HLA taught you well.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 29, 2006, 12:58:00 PM »
On 2006-06-29 09:50:00, wild fig wrote:

"Playing program intimidation games again DJ.  HLA taught you well.

"

I'm just asking a simple question.  If you feel intimidated, there must be some substance to it.

Glad to know you see that programs DO intimidate kids.  

Now, let's clean up your mess, shall we, Wild Fig?  Or should I say Broken Fig?  Or Wild Leg?  

At least I don't hide behind multiple identities and tell a half-dozen different stories.  There is something to be said for people who tell the truth and own their words.  At least you know where we stand!  Why won't you own yours, Broken/Fig/Wild/Leg?
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control