Author Topic: Can someone explain to me  (Read 1402 times)

Offline ramprato

• View Profile
Can someone explain to me
« on: January 11, 2003, 11:32:00 AM »
Hi.

Can someone at KHK or the Cincinnati Enquirer please explain to me what became of the kid named Brew? According to a KHK write-up in the Cincinnati Enquirer, Brew had been "drinking" since 12 and he was quoted revealing some things I don't think he would of revealed about himself (true or MOST LIKELY NOT) if he weren't forced to magnify his "mischief" to gain brownie points from his KHK interrogators, after all they were going for publicity at the expense of a 16 year old:

http://enquirer.com/editions/2001/08/23 ... about.html

"Started at 12

Consider 16-year-old Brew from Northern Kentucky, who began drinking at age 12.
        ?I felt like I couldn't have fun if I wasn't high. I felt really insecure, had bad self-esteem and fought with my parents a lot.?

He stole alcohol from his parents' liquor cabinet or got older friends to buy it for him. He reached a point where he wouldn't go to school or mow the lawn without a couple of drinks first.

?I felt bad about my life, but drinking made it better.?

Fights with his parents increased and his world was spinning out of control. ?Alcohol was just something I had to have. I couldn't do anything without it, but I didn't think it was that bad.?

Then his parents got him into to Kids Helping Kids, a Clermont County-based, nonprofit intervention program which uses peer counselors. Both teens and their families are involved in treatment and counseling based on Alcoholics Anonymous' 12-step program.

Brew credits Kids Helping Kids with opening his eyes. He's been sober for more than two months and has restored relationships with friends and family. "

Uh, "relationships with friends"??, I don't think so, isn't a newbie at KHK supposed to sever off all old "druggie ties" including friends?

Well, come to find out in an updated story some seven months later, according to the Enquirer, Brew, "left without completingthe program": http://enquirer.com/editions/2002/03/17 ... ction.html

Just wondering if the Enquirer cared to comment on WHY Brew left. How about you guys at KHK, any ideas? Before you answer that, remember the first and most important rule:)

Ken
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »