Author Topic: United Nations Formal Complaint Filed by Survivors  (Read 9719 times)

Offline Serpico

• View Profile
    • http://www.straightincorporated.com
United Nations Formal Complaint Filed by Survivors
« on: January 10, 2003, 04:12:00 PM »
The international Survivors Action Committee has a filed a formal complaint with the United Nations against Ambassador Mel Sembler , Straight Incorporate its agents and Straight-like programs

View the complaint at : http://www.straightincorporated.com  and click on online documents.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline FueLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2003, 01:28:00 PM »
From a legal standpoint what you call a "complaint" is absolutely worthless. Read the requirements or standards for filing a complaint and read the trash you posted and notice the difference.

A Suggestion :  Stick to exposing the programs still in existence and helping kids that need it immediately. All of this complaints, documents ect... is so legally worthless it is a real waste of time.

Offline marika708

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2003, 04:53:00 PM »
Are you an expert in this field of law?  I read through your previous posts and it seems that you had the experiences that we all share, and at one point the outrage.  Yet, you seem to have nothing supportive to say about any of the efforts to bring these atrocities to light.  Far be it from to tell anyone what is right and wrong, but my impression of these boards is(was) that this is a place to go for support and camaraderie.  Do you have anything positive or supportive to say?

Marika
arika
Atlanta \'83-\'84

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2003, 06:02:00 PM »
I am going to get SOOO hated on for saying this, but....here goes.....

I have to be honest and comment on the content of these documents and submissions prepared by this new committee.  I have to say, they do seem to be a bit vague and elusive when it comes to cold hard facts.  Not entirely, mind you, but in my opinion Wes Fagers accumulation of information, statements and even his general presentation of information would be more effective in breaking ground than whats has been presented by the Survivors committee.  I am no lawyer, nor am I an expert in filing official documentation....however, as a professional, I have to say I would be unimpressed with the quality of presentation and the "evidence" that has been chosen to substantiate our claims.  It does in fact, look to me, like a whole boat load of heresay and is overly focused on opinion.  Even in instances where hard evidence is being referenced.  

I applaud the efforts of this committe in making an effort to bring the cause back into the spotlight, no doubt about that.....but in the way of lending credibility to these submissions....I am just not impressed by the presentation, nor do I feel that the information can be taken seriously as presented.  

As I said...the more the merrier when it comes to getting this info into the right hands....but I dont place my hopes on anything coming from it as it stands at this point.
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Serpico

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2003, 06:50:00 PM »
FueLaw,
  Why dont you quit complaining and go download the complaint form from the UN. Which is what we had to do and we had to follow their format.

Our you could set your alarm for three am and call over to the UN and talk to them and pay for the call like we did.

But until you are willing to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.. please....

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2003, 09:32:00 AM »
I used to like this board so much better when it was people, ex-clients of straight, not VICTIMS, who were posting and looking for help with their own personal issues; most likely caused or aggravated by straight. FueLaw is correct, there is nothing we can do about any of the abuse that occurred 20+ years ago. Complaining about it, filing complaints, trying for law suits only looks like a few disgruntled people with an axe to grind. This is not what I am here for. I do not like the politicizing of an issue that has caused so many of US such great pain. I do not like my participation here being taken as support to, hell, I don't know what y'all are trying to do.

Have y'all noticed there aren't many new poster's anymore? Have y'all noticed many persons with great insight and ability have stopped posting? Have y'all noticed that, out of the few who still post, there are now two groups? Those with the axe and those of the loyal opposition.

Now, that being said, FueLaw's comments will win no diplomacy awards. The reaction to all FueLaw's comments with vitriol seems just as excessive. As far as I'm concerned, and I know I am not alone, I would like to see this board used for trying to help ourselves and being able to talk with others who understand where I am coming from.

Me, personally, I do not wish my name to be dragged into what I consider a very public self destruction.

Lastly, if I was on the "committee" I would give some serious thought before posting supossed un-prosecuted crimes of people and their names on the internet. Damaging a private persons reputation like this can and most likely will, lead to much grief.

Clay

Offline Serpico

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2003, 11:01:00 AM »
Clay, I understand your point of view but I have but one question for you.

I wonder if the children being tortured and held against their will, sitting on front row RIGHT NOW .. as you sit in your comfort zone would agree that it is not even worth the effort . No offense but you sir , if you hold that belief are as guilty as STRAIGHT because you CHOOSE to convince yourself that those children dont matter, they are not worth the effort . Much like Straight who convinced everyone that the childrens rights , feelings and the damage done to them DOESNT MATTER.
WE FOR ONE CARE>>>> WE CARE ABOUT THE KIDS ON FRONT ROW RIGHT NOW , AND WE CARE ENOUGH TO TRY AND DO SOMETHING TO SAVE THEM...

I am sorry you dont get to talk to as many people. THOSE KIDS ON FRONT NOW CANT EVEN EAT A MEAL, OR CALL THEIR PARENTS FOR HELP.
Sorry but I call it like i see it.

Serp

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2003, 11:19:00 AM »
Nice argument, complete with silpery slope and full of ad hominem. Please explain to me the connection for attacking people who were participants in this practice 20+ years ago and the institutions that are complicit in these practices today.

I espicially liked the, "...if you hold that belief are as guilty as STRAIGHT because you CHOOSE to convince yourself that those children dont matter they are not worth the effort." You might as well have added the, "YOU KNOW WHAT! YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A FUCKING DRAIN! ALL YOU'RE DOING IS TAKING FROM THE GROUP! GOD! I CAN'T BELIEVE THE SELFISHNESS...." Now, where have I heard that before?

Whatever....

I am glad y'all care about the kids on "front row" right now, I do also. I only disagree, however, on the viability on attacking persons who were involved in something decades old.

CL

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2003, 01:03:00 PM »
So was it a waste of time to expose Trent Lott for remarks he made in the past?  Guess not, the media was all over it, and now look at what happened.   Don't you think it's possible to have an independent investigation of the Semblers?  Don't you think that the evidence of abuse should be made public? Do you actually want Sembler as a representative of the United States as Ambassador?  Don't you think the foreign relations committee would like to know they were lied to? For the life of me I can't understand why you only attack. If your an attorney then why don't you help more.  Why don't you do an investigation instead of trample on people just trying to make a difference.  I would really like to see your liscense because I doubt your an attorney.  If in fact you are, I want to meet you personally and discuss a few things.  Please post your license if your a real attorney.  

:exclaim:  :exclaim:  :exclaim:  :exclaim:

Offline FueLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2003, 01:11:00 PM »
Excellent post Clay. The only thing I am trying to point out is that there is nothing you can legally do to the scum bags from Straight or the Seed due to the time that has elapsed.  I also wanted to point out to those who had questions that any affidavits they signed and submitted were legally worthless and the people could find themselves being involved in a situation that would rather avoid.

I agree with anyone who wants to try to help kids in similar type programs today.  I also believe that is where most of the energy should be directed.

I will have more to say about the United Nations stuff later but for right now lets me just say the complaint filed with the United Nations is legally worthless and bogus.  :wave:

Offline str8isabuse

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2003, 01:14:00 PM »
it doesn't matter how old these crimes are.  THEY WERE SERIOUS CRIMES!  and we are suffering, some of us for 20 years or so, from the abuse we sustained.  i am tortured by the visions of human suffering i saw with my own eyes, and i can't believe it happened in this country that i love so much.  the public needs to know the truth, so we can protect our children.  do you realize that if you died and your children somehow ended up in foster care, they could end up in a program like this?  we HAVE to help these adolescents!!!

don't be selfish!  where is your outrage?  your sense of justice?

some of the atrocities that have come to light regarding world war 2 have brought justice decades later.  it can happen, and it should.  the law should reflect the exceptional nature of straight and its legacy programs.

Offline 2dogs

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2003, 03:42:00 PM »
The fact is that there are a lot of us who have sucessfully dealt with our "Straight past" , and those who have yet  to do so. If you could truly see everyones mindset , you would see also that the division of issues also is divided along this same line. We do all share a bond , but we are not all now of the same people.
 Some are angry while others are satisfied with thier efforts to heal. Others are certily left somewhere in the mists.
  Point is that we can't  accept each others ideals because we've evolved in different ways. So much effort is wasted trying to convince each other that OUR opinions are FACT ,  that we forget it is just opinion.
 So before ANYONE gets themselves all upset with another , they ought to consider that  they will not even with a hammer drive home thier point....We are as much the same as we are not..... Witholding my opinion....Joey

Offline Dragnet

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2003, 05:22:00 PM »
A lot of people aren't posting much right now because they're busy helping. ::cheers::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2003, 05:34:00 PM »
Will you post your License number, or something to prove your an attorney?
 :question:  :???:

Offline Maltese Falcon

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2003, 05:37:00 PM »
Great job yesterday and today Dragnet. ::soapbox::

[ This Message was edited by: Maltese Falcon on 2003-01-14 14:40 ]