Author Topic: Seattle Hempfest  (Read 1401 times)

Offline jetandra30

• View Profile
Seattle Hempfest
« on: August 02, 2001, 02:57:33 AM »
Seattle Hempfest
While the Seattle Hempfest may not be everybody's cup of tea, I thought I'd give a brief report about my weekend trip up to Seattle.  The Seattle Hempfest is the largest gathering/protest/celebration for hemp/marijuana in the world and it was cool to be there for that reason alone. There was a wide variety of people there for different reasons. Last year they had approximately 100,000 people and I suspect it was similar this year.  There were 6 stages,  and tons of booths.  I spent most of my time going to booths and simply talking to people like the ACLU, Cop watch, November Coalition, High Times, NORML, Jack Herer, PETA (I'm a vegetarian), Dancesafe, and countless others.  People were smoking pot everywhere and right in front of the police, absolute civil disobedience. Last year nobody was cited for smoking pot, I suspect the same thing happened this year.  Woody Harrelson got the crowd wild with the count down to 4:20 and I've surely never seen so much pot smoke in my entire life. On top of everything, I didn't even smoke any pot!  I'm in training for a race so I'm being a good boy for the time being.  It was great fun and I was in wonderful company, I can't wait to back next year.

www.seattlehempfest.com

Things are changing.  I believe there?s unstoppable momentum behind this movement and will joyously watch it as it progresses.  Some of the cops themselves donated money to the Hemp Coalition.  

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
Seattle Hempfest
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2001, 04:04:05 AM »
Cops out of character
While I was at the beach, a Baltimore Cop threw a wild all ages keg party which in turn got busted by some Delaware State Troopers, oops.

Tonight at the quickie mart, I was walking out with my friend when a local cop mentioned to us that it was a boring night and there were about 40 kids in the parking lot doing nothing. I said that we needed a nightclub around here, he agreed.

A cop out of his jurisdiction asked to take my picture at a rave for a powerpoint presentation, and we talked about how there is nothing you can find at a rave that you can't find at a concert, football game, or congressional office. He asked me how often I get asked if I want ecstasy or other drugs, I told him probably 2 or 3 times at each club or event I attend, but at that one I had not been asked if I wanted anything. I jokingly mentioned that my silly hat makes people at Buzz (a DC club night) think I am a cocaine dealer for some reason.

Most cops could care less about pot, most don't want to bust pot smokers any more than the smokers want to get busted, well maybe not that much.

Pot won't kill you and it certainly does not make you cut up your arms or jump out of a 35 ft balcony. Only abusive, seemingly hopeless, environments make you want to do that.

Slavish discipline makes a slavish temper... If severity carry'd to the
highest pitch does prevail, and works a cure upon the present unruly
distemper, it often brings in the room of it a worse and more dangerous
disease, by breaking the mind; and then, in the place of a disorderly young
fellow, you have a low spirited moap'd creature, who, however with his
unnatural sobriety he may please silly people, who commend tame unactive
children, because they make no noise, nor give them any trouble; yet at
last, will probably prove as uncomfortable a thing to his friends, as he
will be all his life an useless thing to himself and others... Beating them,
and all other sorts of slavish and corporal punishments, are not the
discipline fit to be used in the education of those we would have wise,
good, and ingenuous men...
John Locke, 1692

All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Seattle Hempfest
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 11:47:00 AM »
420 ::bigsmilebounce::  ::bwahaha::  :smokin: 420