Author Topic: Scary Larry back on campus!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 71155 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Scary Larry back on campus!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #480 on: July 31, 2007, 07:39:59 PM »
Quote from: ""VincentVanGopher""
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""lucy""
Most every adult who is involved with Hyde has deep deep issues even after spending years and years at Hyde.

Most any human being who has spent a significant chunk of time at Hyde will have deep deep issues, whether or not they had them prior to their "life-changing experience."

I am starting a self help group Hyde Alums Anonymous:

1) We admit we are powerless over Joe and our lives have become unmanageable

Hyde Alums Anonymous:  HAA!  HAA!  HAA!
 :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline lucy

• View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 10, 2007, 12:19:16 AM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
Quote from: ""Ursus""
I imagine that the sheer number of pages this thread contains may well be daunting, but this thread, among a few others, contains quite a lot of material not just about Larry's sexual proclivities, but also those of a number of other former Hyde faculty, etc, and is well worth the reading time invested.

To summarize re. your question:  Larry was a former Hyde student in the mid 70s who married another former Hyde student (Donna) and who both returned to teach at Hyde.  Several of the current Hyde administration knew Larry as a student, and some knew Donna as well, as some of them were students around the same time.

Larry was... shall we say... a bit too liberal in translating his "affections" for the (female) students into physical channels...  He was also in charge of the Dean's Area, and hence privy to student's required confessions of their sexual misadventures and transgressions, which he apparently took great satisfaction in hearing out in a most "thorough" manner.  

Hyde was well aware of this problem, as there had been complaints from students for years.  Eventually, as Hyde never did anything save make these girls feel pretty shitty for even opening their mouths about such a thing, one of the parents sued re. the sexual assault of their daughter.  

Apparently Hyde still did not see fit to alter Larry's circumstances, hoping that Larry "taking some time off to think about things" should suffice.  However, Donna is still employed at Hyde, and least two (I believe) of their kids still attend Hyde, so Hyde rationalizes that Larry's involvement with the Hyde community is necessary for "family reasons."  It is my understanding that the Dubinskys live in faculty housing, on or extremely close to the Woodstock campus.

How could Hyde take the risk of having someone like this on campus?  They must be out of their minds taking on this liability

If in fact all of this is true, why is Larry still hanging around Hyde?  What type of people would run a school that allows known pedophile on campus and even provides housing for them?

I do not blame Hyde for someone else's behavior but I do blame them for the way they ignore this very dangerous situation!  This is something to take very seriously and it is obvious from everyone posting that this is a man with severe sexual problems.  How can any parent send their child, (especially a female) to Hyde knowing the attitude of the faculty toward sexual harassment?

Offline Fire Swamp

• View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 10, 2007, 12:40:00 AM »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 10, 2007, 01:55:51 AM »
::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao:: Priceless!

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 10, 2007, 01:57:46 AM »

The "real" Larry is the one on the left who looks a bit like a rabbit that's been denied access to sufficient roughage.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 12, 2007, 10:16:56 PM »

The "real" Larry is the one on the left who looks a bit like a rabbit that's been denied access to sufficient roughage.

So, this is the pervert who is friends with the faculty at Hyde?  It seems as though many of the faculty at Hyde have some kind of emotional problems.  Why is this?  What draws these totally messed up people to Hyde? I notice that most of the intertwined family has been there all their lives.  This certainly is a good case for a psychiatrist to analyze. Something is not normal about this school and those who run it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 12, 2007, 10:59:14 PM »

ya well ya know what they say bout rabbits, horny male rabbits, that is......

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 13, 2007, 11:51:50 PM »
Something is not normal about this school and those who run it.

Kind of reminds me of the still current sex scandals going on in the Catholic Church.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 07, 2007, 11:39:26 PM »
Update in docs: The transcript from the lawsuit filed against Hyde in 2002 for its acquiescence and abetting of the inappropriate behavior of Larry Dubinsky is now printed out in its entirety (such as is available from ISACCorp) on the Interview thread in the FQA forum. See here:
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=22002&start=52

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 12, 2007, 08:31:06 AM »
::bump::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 12, 2007, 08:37:58 AM »
Watch out
You might get what you're after
Cool babies
Strange but not a stranger
I'm an ordinary guy
Burning down the house

Hold tight wait till the party's over
Hold tight we're in for nasty weather
There has got to be a way
Burning down the house

Here's your ticket pack your bag: time for jumpin' overboard
The transportation is here
Close enough but not too far, maybe you know where you are
Fightin' fire with fire

All wet
Hey you might need a raincoat
Shakedown
Dreams walking in broad daylight
Three hun-dred six-ty five de-grees
Burning down the house

It was once upon a place sometimes I listen to myself
Gonna come in first place
People on their way to work baby what did you except
Gonna burst into flame

My house
Sort of the ordinary
That's right
Don't want to hurt nobody
Some things sure can sweep me off my feet
Burning down the house

No visible means of support and you have not seen nuthin yet
Everything's stuck together
I don't know what you expect starring into the tv set
Fighting fire with fire

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 17, 2007, 10:09:33 PM »
Update in docs: The transcript from the lawsuit filed against Hyde in 2002 for its acquiescence and abetting of the inappropriate behavior of Larry Dubinsky is now printed out in its entirety (such as is available from ISACCorp) on the Interview thread in the FQA forum. See here:

Wow, very informative and very damaging to Hyde School.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 18, 2007, 09:36:00 AM »
One thing that never ceases to amaze me is the amount of energy Hyde apologists and would-be apologists devote to cast aspersion on any potential stain on their beloved alma mater.  If you look at the beginning of this thread, the first 10 pages or so, the original voices alerting folks to the shenanigans of Larry Dubinsky are absolutely slammed by condescension and disbelief.  When this fails to silence, more personal attacks are resorted to.  This is, of course, what also happened recently with the Sumner Hawley threads.

A recent poster noted "where there is smoke, there is usually fire" (paraphrase my doing, in case I didn't quote exactly).  Potential parents and students would do well to also take note.

IMO, "character" is not something that can be taught in the however many years someone has the misfortune of spending at Hyde.  People leave essentially unchanged as far as any "moral compass" or what have you is concerned.  Maybe they have a few more buzz words or phrases they can use to bolster their points or positions, but nothing more than you could pick up from a Hallmark anthology of cute and inspirational cards.  Certainly that "anthology" would cost parents a great deal less than Hyde does.
    See "The 10 Priorities" thread for some amusing dissection.
http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=23309[/list]
Whether character is the result of nature or nurture might make for some interesting debate.  One thing that is pretty clear to me is that -- whatever it is, or whatever proportion is this or that -- it is formed long before one's adolescence.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 20, 2007, 12:09:42 AM »
Wow, very informative and very damaging to Hyde School.

Any other these type documents out there?  I here there were several other lawsuits.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Scary Larry back on campus!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #494 on: September 24, 2008, 09:51:56 AM »
I went to Hyde with Larry back in the 70’s. Although he was a few years behind me he was “weird” even back then, Larry was a short and fat nerd who lisped when he talked. You needed a face mask so he did not spit on you as he talked. I got out of that
Quote from: "Guest"
that
unofficial state mental hospital before they made me drink the Kool-Aid. Joe “Bald” as we called him had an ego as large as New England. Only Joe thinks he can get the Arabs and Jews to hold peace talks at Hyde and come out with a win win solution “Joe for President”. Joe thinks he can fix anything and anyone, that’s why Larry still has “connections” with Hyde. Joe made us hold our hand under water in a pond for over 30 minutes in 32 degrees of winter time ice water as a learning experience.   I think is Larry’s time to place his nano sized penis in the same pond. As far as Larry and Donna remarrying, I think Lorena Bobbitt is his true soul mate. She would have “nipped” this problem in, the well use your imagination.