Author Topic: elan was no commune ,Like Britten bush Oregon is  (Read 2109 times)

Offline Matt C. Hoffman

• View Profile
elan was no commune ,Like Britten bush Oregon is
« on: January 01, 2003, 05:18:00 PM »
Sorry elan was no commune it was and in my mind today a very dangerous cult . elans ability to brainwash  to the nth degree makes it an even more dangerous place. All one has to do is look at the various postings on this site and the close the doors site (or any elan site for that matter) to see how elan has impacted people .

You see elan taught people to abuse people so that the abuser would learn to feel goood about themselves . Also the abusers were taught that the people being abused , deserved it and by abusing them  you were making them better people .

WHAT A CON...CEPT

Not  all people participated in this abuse nor did they find humour in those that were mentally impaired .

No elan was a hell hole ,no peace ,love ,or happiness ,there . ::puke::

[ This Message was edited by: Matt C. Hoffman on 2003-01-21 17:38 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2003, 10:55:00 PM »
I don't know anything about Britten bush. But usually, communes go bad somewhere along the line because the social (power) structure is sort of unhealthy.

I think Elan was/is among the more brutal, spooky ones. In fact, I often wonder if Stephen King had some firsthand experience with Elan... Would explain a lot, huh???

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0345371984/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> Douglas Adams, _Last Chance to See_

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Matt C. Hoffman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2003, 03:21:00 PM »
Not only is my grammer from another planet ,my spelling really suxs.

The spelling of this intentional community is Breitenbush . These kind folks run a hot springs resort, amongst other things .

If anyone is interested ,here is a addy for a web site of theirs .  http//www.breitenbush.com/html/bbhistory/history.html

Having experienced  elan , and reading that someone lives in an elan community with 53 others , I wonder if they are allowed to leave on there own free will,by themselves .And I am not talking about re-entry .  

What a horrible place to live . Really sounds like a house in elan has finally gotten a puter and has the audasity (nerve ) to compare elan to a commune .  What a spin from hell.