Author Topic: AARC's PR campaign in Vancouver  (Read 2567 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
AARC's PR campaign in Vancouver
« on: December 29, 2002, 12:53:00 PM »
Pubdate: Mon, 02 Dec 2002
Source: Vancouver Courier (CN BC)
Author: Sandra Thomas
Bookmark: http://www.mapinc.org/rehab.htm (Treatment)

HOME REMEDIES

The last criminal act "Josh" did before he was forced into a drug and alcohol treatment program in Calgary five years ago was to break into a designer clothing store with his younger brother and steal several hundred thousand dollars worth of suits.
http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v02/n2189/a03.html?183

If anyone wants to write to the Vancouver Courier and give them the other side of the story, write on!

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.  
-- Hunter S. Thompson

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2003, 09:49:00 AM »
::bangin::

Once again, anti-anything gets it wrong.

Check out a group called PLEA, they are the ones who have been on a campaign to get another AARC running in BC and a large group of parents from an area called Kerrisdale are raising awareness and advocating for an AARC. Good thing the Clonaide group has made headway on cloning technology cuz that is the only way they can get Dean to Vancouver. Geez, just THINK they could replicate him several more times and get AARC set up all over the place . . . yee-ha !!!!!!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2003, 09:24:00 PM »
I've been to the AARC In Calgary, and i know from experience how dr.v can be. i also know that his approach is certantly not one i am game for. Making us kids talk about our experences in front of a bunch of strangers isn't the answer. iI know for me I felt very violated. i never got the rigght to my own opinion and I think that it important in a persons growth. also this facility is based on groups. I think it needs to be more individual, not everything works for just anyone!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2003, 03:45:00 PM »
Welcome to the board.

I don't believe in "it works if you work it" either. Since when did one model work for every single human being? Programs need to alter themselves for the individual.