Author Topic: History question  (Read 12844 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
History question
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2007, 12:41:57 AM »
Quote from: ""bill procida""
gary...or mr. eskow...i haven't finished your article. i think i got throug hthe first two pages. i can tell there's a little bit of that fiery passion behind it, but it did not seem, so far, to contain the usual "hyde bashing". but i like the idea of giving the info over to someone who has no tie with the Hyde Schools in the sense to get as fair a perspective as possible. also, we have about 40 Hyde D.C. juniors up here to learn about the senior prep process and see how a hyde boarding school runs. i've also learned how different, and similar, the process can be in the two different environments. hearing from the charter school students is a definitely good idea (there are mixed views there as well as here). i went with 3 other seniors here, 3 of the d.c. kids, some faculty to go meet with some students and faculty from bath up in new hampshire. we talked about the change in the senior eval process as well as graduation (i.e. the grad. designations and speeches) and how we'd like to change it. i'll try to post more details about that later (i think some of you will be pleased with some of the changes most likely being made to senior evals). so yea, i think the whole giving-the-story-to-a-more-dispassionate-writer is a good idea. let us know how that goes. i also talked to some bath kids about this site, one came up to me and said "i've read some of your posts on fornits"...and we talked. we had some of the same ideas about this site and the majority of the posts on here. biggest agreement: more respect for those that just shared their stories in a non-bashing way. it was easier for us to see some of the things that went on at hyde without all the bitching behind the story. we both thought of the same post too: the "i lost my virginity at hyde" thread. we even reacted to it the same way after we had read it: we both emailed it to mr. bragg. idk where i'm going with this. i'll fill ya'll in on the meeting when i've got some time to sit down with the notes and doodles i made during this 4 hour meeting and write a post.
- Bill(y) Procida '07

ps....i finished the college process with 11/12 acceptances...graduation t-minus 61 days :)

Thanks for your comments Billy.  I'm curious to know why you haven't responded to the questions that were posed to you a number of days ago.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
History question
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2007, 12:36:11 AM »
Quote from: ""billy procida""
we both thought of the same post too: the "i lost my virginity at hyde" thread. we even reacted to it the same way after we had read it: we both emailed it to mr. bragg. idk where i'm going with this.

Could someone fill me in on who Mr. Bragg is and his relevance to the "i lost my virginity "thread?  thnx
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline lucy

• View Profile
History question
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2007, 07:29:42 AM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
we both thought of the same post too: the "i lost my virginity at hyde" thread. we even reacted to it the same way after we had read it: we both emailed it to mr. bragg. idk where i'm going with this.

Could someone fill me in on who Mr. Bragg is and his relevance to the "i lost my virginity "thread?  thnx

Look at the Hyde website under faculty and look for Mr Bragg.  It appears to me that Billy is talking about a staff member.  Unlike many other boarding schools, Hyde only lists the names of the staff, not anything about their credentials or how long they have been at Hyde.  My guess is that these stats would not be very impressive.  The average teacher/staff usually stays one to two years at Hyde.  As soon as many of them find out the truth about Hyde, they get the hell out of there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
History question
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2007, 02:30:22 PM »
back to the subject of the Thread ....

Why did Ed leave Hyde?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
History question
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2007, 05:16:46 PM »
you might need to repost questions. i barely have time at hyde to get on, let alone surf through posts for specific questions. g2g dinnertime.
- Bill Procida '07

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
History question
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2007, 06:54:40 PM »
you might need to repost questions. i barely have time at hyde to get on, let alone surf through posts for specific questions. g2g dinnertime.
- Bill Procida '07

He/she did repost the question, Billy, namely:

Why did Ed leave Hyde?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
History question
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2007, 08:30:33 PM »
o...i thought the person was asking about past questions i was "ignoring". ...no clue why he left. i don't even know who the guy is. i'm more of a woodstock guy thans bath...

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
History question
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2007, 09:04:03 PM »
Okay... Thanks for checking in again.  Perhaps you could answer my question (I wasn't the one who originally asked about Ed), namely:
Quote from: ""Ursus""
Could someone fill me in on who Mr. Bragg is and his relevance to the "i lost my virginity "thread? thnx
What issues raised in the "I lost my virginity at Hyde" thread were you responding to?  thnx

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
History question
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2007, 09:00:17 PM »
in a nutshell: this freshmen had a crush on this senior. she was a virgin. eventually, they end up having sex and go through the whole "don't tell anyone" thing. when she finally turns it in, he denies it and everyone believes him, thinking he's making it up b/c she everyone knew she liked him. it was sad. that's all i was responding to. and me and this other senior from bath had both read it and felt the same way about it. mr. bragg didn't do anythign wrong. he just picked them up when they were walking back to campus. but he was the only other name in the story and i felt someone at bath should know.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
History question
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2007, 09:19:11 PM »
- Bill Procida '07

Bill: Here are the questions that someone posted several weeks ago for you to answer (or seek to answer by consulting Hyde staff if you don't have the information), and several times since then:

Here are the questions Hyde should be confronted with and expected to answer:

1. What percentage of students who apply to Hyde are accepted?
2. How many students enroll in each grade, 9 through 12?
3. What percentage of students who enroll in 9th grade actually graduate from Hyde? 10th grade? 11th grade? 12th grade? That is, what percentage of students leave Hyde without graduating?
4. What percentage of Hyde graduates (a) enroll in college, and (b) graduate from college? How do these percentages compare with national figures?
5. When Hyde publicizes parent satisfaction data, who do they include in the sample? Do they include parents who enrolled at Hyde but left, or only those who lasted through graduation (who, obviously, are the people most likely to be satisfied with Hyde)? Does Hyde stack the deck by including only those who stay at Hyde until the end, or do they include everyone who enrolled? How honest is Hyde about the data they report?

I too would like your thoughts about these issues.

Offline Jesus H Christ

• View Profile
History question
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2007, 09:28:25 PM »
in a nutshell: this freshmen had a crush on this senior. she was a virgin. eventually, they end up having sex and go through the whole "don't tell anyone" thing. when she finally turns it in, he denies it and everyone believes him, thinking he's making it up b/c she everyone knew she liked him. it was sad. that's all i was responding to. and me and this other senior from bath had both read it and felt the same way about it. mr. bragg didn't do anythign wrong. he just picked them up when they were walking back to campus. but he was the only other name in the story and i felt someone at bath should know.

bill,

The thing you should be aware of is Hyde has a track record of marginalizing the victims of sexual predictors.  It is hard to look at this and not believe it is not  a institutional cultural problem.   I am sure you have heard the story about Joe and the twenty year old hyde graduate.  

Emil
sk and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
History question
« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2007, 11:39:02 PM »
bill,

The thing you should be aware of is Hyde has a track record of marginalizing the victims of sexual predictors. It is hard to look at this and not believe it is not a institutional cultural problem. I am sure you have heard the story about Joe and the twenty year old hyde graduate.

Emil

Sorry, but this does not sound like the "Emil" we have come to know and "love."  This sounds like a HYDE TROLL.
 ::fuckoff::  ::fuckoff::  ::fuckoff::  ::fuckoff::