Author Topic: ASR  (Read 53040 times)

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: ASR
« Reply #420 on: September 14, 2010, 03:14:35 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Quote from: "Whooter"

Didn't they admit in court that they provide no therapy/treatment?

It may appear that that is what they meant at a quick glance.  As I read through it more slowly they were referring to one child who didnt receive therapy because he was not signed up for it, parents opted out of the individual therapy.

Do you have that citation handy?  I'd be interested in reading it.   I remember DJ posting it, but don't know where.  Since you just read it, would you please post a link?

I didnt just read it.  Do you remember the school was it Aspen Ranch?  I think it was.  I will see if I can dig it up.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 14, 2010, 03:54:48 PM »

Do you have that citation handy?  I'd be interested in reading it.   I remember DJ posting it, but don't know where.  Since you just read it, would you please post a link?

Link to lawsuit

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 14, 2010, 05:37:58 PM »
Now that I read it again I was mistaken.  The parents "did" sign up for individual therapy but during a crisis the boy did not have immediate access to her and instead saw an unlicensed therapist.

It boils down to:
The parents were suing the school because their son caused trouble and got tossed in jail and they wanted their money back.

As far as providing therapy goes:

The parties seem to agree that although Trudy Godat was not licenced, one member of Matthew Pence's "treatment team" was a licenced therapist.