Author Topic: ASR  (Read 53170 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: ASR
« Reply #405 on: February 20, 2008, 12:27:07 PM »
Anne cut the crap, Marcus book wasnt even that favorable to the industry, just told it the was it was.  He doesnt work for them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 20, 2008, 02:37:53 PM »
Quote from: "SHUTUPWHO"
Anne cut the crap, Marcus book wasnt even that favorable to the industry, just told it the was it was.  He doesnt work for them.

Hey, I'm just repeating what I read before.  If it wasn't that favorable to the industry why do they keep throwing it up all the time?  Why is the book advertised on nearly every teen help site?  They sure seem to think it was pretty positive.  I don't know, I can't get through the first few pages without getting nightmares and flashbacks.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 20, 2008, 02:56:52 PM »
Here is an interesting video of Dave Marcus and a young girl who graduated from ASR 5+ years ago.  She seems to be doing well and has a compelling story.

http://www.kepplerspeakers.com/literatu ... sitiveKids).html

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 21, 2008, 02:16:09 PM »

reaaaalllly. i'm certain he's not traveling around the country promoting asr on his own dime? he does have a family to feed.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 21, 2008, 02:34:15 PM »
Quote from: "HAEGK"

reaaaalllly. i'm certain he's not traveling around the country promoting asr on his own dime? he does have a family to feed.

Nobody does, its a book tour..... check out the video he is promoting his book.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 23, 2008, 12:33:41 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
I repeated my post because you buried it by responding with identical posts, one from your username which you went back and edited afterwards and one anonymously.  You posted originally at 9:46am and edited your post 3 times with the last at 11:36am, right after you claimed that you didn't repeat yourself.  So save your baby-games for someone else.

The proof:

Quote from: "TheWho"
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:46 am

I dont think this shows parents seek to have their local school districts place kids at ASR.  It is just too expensive for one thing, but since I was asked not to opine I will ask if any of the "Guests" out there could answer this one.

Last edited by TheWho on Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:36 am; edited 3 times in total

Look, I've read your "work" here and I can see your M.O. is to distract from the conversation and to take jabs at people who point out your behavior and then to edit your posts to try to cover up your own behavior when called out.  I'm not trying to play games with you and I don't need your snide remarks or to watch you edit posts retroactively to try to make yourself look better.

If you want to play games like this and act like a child, copy my post into your own thread (a disaster area) and make your commentary there.  Have at it.  But don't insult people's intelligence when anyone can see you edit your posts to try to cover up your cildish commentary and behavior.

Interesting. 

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 23, 2008, 12:36:03 PM »
link to above post....Spew's admission is interesting as well.

http://fornits.com/smf/http://www.forni ... 48#p256848

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 23, 2008, 12:59:29 PM »
Quote from: "Scrote"
link to above post....Spew's admission is interesting as well.

http://fornits.com/smf/http://www.forni ... 48#p256848

Spew bounced back pretty well and got the thread back on track:

Spew says:
Good, It seems I got your attention, then.  If you want to engage in adult conversation and debate try being polite and accepting of all peoples opinions.  If you want to exclude people who may not agree with you start a new topic over in “Facilities questions and answers”  I will not be responding over in that forum.  This wastes time and derails from the subject to attempt to choose who may respond to your posts....

And just for the record I have read your work here also, you may log in if you like or stay anonymous as a guest; it really doesn’t matter to me......   so back to the subject:

As for your question, it is hypothetical, because you have not yet established that ASR accepts public funding.  Why waste peoples time and research when it may not apply?  Your link was to a family that was trying to get their town to pay for ASR.  The town turned them down.  Try to establish your premise first as a bases for a good argument.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 23, 2008, 01:01:57 PM »
Spew was totally PWNED.  And again in the following pages on ASR's licensing and classification.  Damn interesting thread.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 23, 2008, 03:18:13 PM »
Quote from: "Spew's scrotal sac"
Spew was totally PWNED.  And again in the following pages on ASR's licensing and classification.  Damn interesting thread.

Spew knows how to get peoples attention even if it takes getting pwned.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Proof of Who's lies
« Reply #415 on: August 05, 2008, 02:39:19 PM »
The Who is a manipulative liar who will go to any lengths to spread lies and disinformation.  Page 15 of this "ASR" thread.

Quote from: "Guest"
I repeated my post because you buried it by responding with identical posts, one from your username which you went back and edited afterwards and one anonymously.  You posted originally at 9:46am and edited your post 3 times with the last at 11:36am, right after you claimed that you didn't repeat yourself.  So save your baby-games for someone else.

The proof:

Quote from: "TheWho"
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:46 am

I dont think this shows parents seek to have their local school districts place kids at ASR.  It is just too expensive for one thing, but since I was asked not to opine I will ask if any of the "Guests" out there could answer this one.

Last edited by TheWho on Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:36 am; edited 3 times in total

Look, I've read your "work" here and I can see your M.O. is to distract from the conversation and to take jabs at people who point out your behavior and then to edit your posts to try to cover up your own behavior when called out.  I'm not trying to play games with you and I don't need your snide remarks or to watch you edit posts retroactively to try to make yourself look better.

If you want to play games like this and act like a child, copy my post into your own thread (a disaster area) and make your commentary there.  Have at it.  But don't insult people's intelligence when anyone can see you edit your posts to try to cover up your cildish commentary and behavior.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 14, 2010, 01:58:38 PM »
ASR hired a new head man.  Looks like they may be headed the "religious counseling" way now...

Bulletin
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 14, 2010, 02:28:07 PM »
Quote from: "Troll Control"
ASR hired a new head man.  Looks like they may be headed the "religious counseling" way now...

Bulletin

From the "bulletin"......

Academy at Swift River is a member of Aspen Education Group, the nation’s leading provider of therapeutic education programs for teens and young adults.

Didn't they admit in court that they provide no therapy/treatment?

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 14, 2010, 02:54:50 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

It may appear that that is what they meant at a quick glance.  As I read through it more slowly they were referring to one child who didnt receive therapy because he was not signed up for it, parents opted out of the individual therapy.

Some of the programs have independent therapy brought in from outside and are not part of the staff.  This is sometimes optional.   Each program is a little different, even within the Aspen Group.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 14, 2010, 03:01:27 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

It may appear that that is what they meant at a quick glance.  As I read through it more slowly they were referring to one child who didnt receive therapy because he was not signed up for it, parents opted out of the individual therapy.

Do you have that citation handy?  I'd be interested in reading it.   I remember DJ posting it, but don't know where.  Since you just read it, would you please post a link?