Author Topic: HELP I NEED INFO FAST  (Read 5867 times)

Offline wild thing

• View Profile
HELP I NEED INFO FAST
« on: May 03, 2006, 08:30:00 PM »
I need the following information for a due process case that is coming up on Friday.  Parents are trying to get school funding to keep their adopted son at Cross Creek in Utah.  I know that this is not a certified school by any state, nor is any WWASP school for that matter.
What are the academics, if any at this school.
If there is an academic day, what does it look like? :scared:
Do they use an isolation room?
If so, for what length of time?
Basically, I need the real dirt on this school...also
I know many, if not all WASP programs have been shut down over seas...  Anyone know which ones and when
Thanks to all who respond, you may have saved a life.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HELP I NEED INFO FAST
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 11:21:00 PM »

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
HELP I NEED INFO FAST
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 08:07:00 AM »
I've got plenty for you. Email me or get me on AIM.
see the children with their boredom and their vacant stares. God help us all if we\'re to blame for their unanswered prayers,

Billy Joel.

Offline wild thing

• View Profile
HELP I NEED INFO FAST
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 12:32:00 PM »
How do I get in contact with you or find you on AIM.  I am a little Internet illiterate.  I really need the info...you can e-mail me at [email protected]

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
HELP I NEED INFO FAST
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 02:35:00 PM »
[email protected]
or AIM princepixie
see the children with their boredom and their vacant stares. God help us all if we\'re to blame for their unanswered prayers,

Billy Joel.

Offline Badpuppy

• View Profile
HELP I NEED INFO FAST
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 02:59:00 PM »
http://www.isaccorp.org/wwasps/WWASPCrimeReport.doc  is well worth reading. In the ISAC documents are also sworn suvivor statements from ISAC I don't remember the exact location but if you call them up they will tell you. Take a look on the ISAC documentpage A-M  for the lawsuit filed against WWASPS. The documents regarding accreditation in NWAS should be filed with the state and therfore subject to the freedom of information act. Attempt to find out any false information submitted to the state. Get a copy of the WWASP contract and show areas they are not in compliance with APA standards, or even NATB standards. Also very important, is the facts that they use troubled kids to discipline other troubled minor in a way that affects length of incarceration and prviliges. See if the Board of Eduction thinks that is a good mental heath practice since even prisons don't allow inmates to weild that kind of power.

I think they have a particular vulnerability because they transfer kids to Tranquility Bay and therfore implicity endorse that program and its methodology. This is case where the ownership actually admits to having a girl lie on her face for 18 months, daily use of pepper spray.  Does the school really want the potential liability of people whose mentality approve of these practices?And by tranfering kids there, they approve of these child care practices including sending kids beyond the protection of US laws. Look into the fine levied against The Academy at Ivy Ridge. Cross Creek and Ivy Ridge use the same type of "self guided methods" They are by law supposed to keep certain kinds of eduation statistics, including regular testing and post grad education and job placement statistics. See if they are vulnerable by not keeping records or fraud in this area.

Also in the PURE litigation there is trial testimony which could be valuable to you.  These are just suggestions. NOT A LAWYER. Try and get some friends together to devour and regurgitate relevant material. Very sorry for going off on you in your first posts. Glad you made back. Using this board for suggestions and ideas is really what its all about.[ This Message was edited by: Badpuppy on 2006-05-04 12:11 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HELP I NEED INFO FAST
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 03:01:00 PM »
Wild thing,

FYI at the WWASP vs Pure trial (nondisgrunteld)ex employee Holly Mock, testified under oath ,that she had the responsibility to confirm WWASP "schools" were in compliance with academics requirements so thta they could recience accredidation.. She testified that more often than not this DID NOT occur.That special Ed requiremnets were not in place. No IEPs etc.  So on & so on & so on.

Contact the Attorny General office in New York he can confirm the academic fraud .

During Seminars the facilitators suggest(aggressively)that parents contact their State Education Dept and request funding. How to go about doing and more.

A month after my son was in SCL I called our State Dept of Education to ask about financial support. They said no way!In fact the man I had spoken with  had  had a nephew at Casa by the Sea in Mexico.A WWASP program closed in Sept 2004 due to "allegations" of abuse. He stated the kid came home with an unexplained broken thumb.
Its too bad I didnt get it back then. I could have saved much familia pain.

They will lie and say otherwise.Its not true.Their school quality is less than bogus.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HELP I NEED INFO FAST
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 09:05:00 PM »
On 2006-05-03 17:30:00, wild thing wrote:

"I need the following information for a due process case that is coming up on Friday.  Parents are trying to get school funding to keep their adopted son at Cross Creek in Utah.  I know that this is not a certified school by any state, nor is any WWASP school for that matter.

I know many, if not all WASP programs have been shut down over seas...  Anyone know which ones and when

Thanks to all who respond, you may have saved a life."

Is the issue money, or saving a life? It sounds as though you want dirt in order to smear the school and avoid paying, and you're appealing to everyone's fear and creating some high drama in order to get that done. Has it occurred to you to go visit the school?

If you accomplish whatever you're after here, I hope you don't end up hurting a family that's already stressed.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
HELP I NEED INFO FAST
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 08:13:00 AM »
Is the issue money, or saving a life?

Neither.  The issue is massive fraud which your organization regularly practices.

Getting the kid OUT of CCM just may save a life though.  Your program is incredibly destructive and run by a bunch of quacks.  This is why you've been sued dozens of times.  This is why you've paid millions in settlements and judgements.  This is why countries with no human rights laws close your facilities for rampant abuse.

Tell me, how do cattle prods, stun guns, pepper spray, beatings, starvation and locking children in dog cages foster "emotional growth"?
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
HELP I NEED INFO FAST
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006, 10:26:00 AM »
On 2006-05-04 18:05:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-05-03 17:30:00, wild thing wrote:

"I need the following information for a due process case that is coming up on Friday.  Parents are trying to get school funding to keep their adopted son at Cross Creek in Utah.  I know that this is not a certified school by any state, nor is any WWASP school for that matter.

Thanks to all who respond, you may have saved a life."

Is the issue money, or saving a life? It sounds as though you want dirt in order to smear the school and avoid paying, and you're appealing to everyone's fear and creating some high drama in order to get that done. Has it occurred to you to go visit the school?

If you accomplish whatever you're after here, I hope you don't end up hurting a family that's already stressed. "

Note the deflection - Lets not answer these questions. That would supply our detractors with dirt. Lets make this about saving lives verses greed - yeah - And lets flip it so They appear greedy! Ha Ha yeah - lets pretend we don't care about money - we just want to help families. Yeah - that might work. But what ever we do - lets not answer these questions!!

Offline wild thing

• View Profile
HELP I NEED INFO FAST
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 10:51:00 AM »
In response, I am NOT the parent of this student.  I am a special education teacher who worked with this student for a month before the parents sent him to Cross Creek.  they did not want a California School because "The laws are too strict."  They were intent on looking for a bootcamp, not dissimilar to the way they treated their adopted son.  I am AGAINST this type of incarceration.  Particularly in light ofreading Help At Any Cost.[ This Message was edited by: wild thing on 2006-05-05 07:56 ]

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
HELP I NEED INFO FAST
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2006, 12:38:00 PM »
Were can I vote for you to make Teacher of the year?
This level of concern for a student is most rare and should be rewarded.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HELP I NEED INFO FAST
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2006, 12:44:00 PM »
On 2006-05-05 07:51:00, wild thing wrote:

"In response, I am NOT the parent of this student.  I am a special education teacher who worked with this student for a month before the parents sent him to Cross Creek.  they did not want a California School because "The laws are too strict."  They were intent on looking for a bootcamp, not dissimilar to the way they treated their adopted son.  I am AGAINST this type of incarceration.  Particularly in light ofreading Help At Any Cost.[ This Message was edited by: wild thing on 2006-05-05 07:56 ]"

I have no experience with the school you're talking about, but I am pretty certain it is not incarceration; it is an educational setting. It's structured, but there really isn't much of a military approach going on there.

I am a teacher also, and I commend you for looking out for this young man. But please think in terms of a solution. If he has gone to that school and (in spite of what you may have read) is actually creating some success, starting a huge legal battle won't be helpful at all.

If, on the other hand, it's a bad situation, you should be able to ascertain that through more reliable means than this forum or Maia Szalavitz's book---which is rife with inaccuracies and sensationalized, but false, reports.

I have had experience with parents who are simply asking too much of a kid, whose expectations are unrealistic or even oppressive. A good program can help him develop the confidence to respectfully but firmly stand up to them.

I would suggest--again--that you do everything possible to get a tour of the school, visit with the staff, and read everything you can find. Place little or no value on anything you find online--pro or con. Talk with the accrediting agency, and discuss it with health and human services professionals in your area.

Ask his parents if you can write him. Send him your love and encouragement. That will support him if things are going well, and give him hope if they are not. It sounds as though he's lucky to have formed a relationship with you.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
HELP I NEED INFO FAST
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2006, 01:26:00 PM »
This is pretty bad advice.  It is widely known that CCM is abusive and uses coercion and behavior modification on its residents.  You don't need to tour the facility (it's hardly a school) to find out about the rampant abuse that occurs there.

This "teacher" sounds like a troll, too.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
HELP I NEED INFO FAST
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2006, 01:36:00 PM »
Come out from under your bag and give some spicific examples of your calim tha Maia's book is in any way false; Or, expect to be considered the money grubbing, child abusing , lying manipulators that you are.